Who plays the better football

Abel_559

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I would take these 4 Urban teams vs. Any Privates anytime and anywhere

1985 Houston Yates best TX Team ever arguably with only 2 others.

1988 Dallas Carter. 

2007 MNW

2013 BTW

Nonsense.

2009 Bosco,

1999, 2001, 2003  DLS,

Multiple STA teams,

2016 Bishop and

2017 Stache all beat those teams.

1988 Dallas Carter is overrated.  Almost lost to Friday night lights without Boobie

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Didn't you read the Title of the Thread?

It included the words "better football",  That was your clue that #5 power state posters should keep out.

Such a funny fello 

you will always be in my rear mirror 

damn that feels natural 😀

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nonsense.

2009 Bosco,

1999, 2001, 2003  DLS,

Multiple STA teams,

2016 Bishop and

1988 Dallas Carter is overrated.  Almost lost to Friday night lights without Boobie

You don't know anything about great football teams.  I said I would take those 4 against anyone.  Did I say they would beat everyone.  You were screaming that DLS would be taking a Knee against 1st rd Texas Playoff loser ET as well.  I don't value your football acumen as much as you do yourself.  Nonsense indeed.   Most teams that play in Texas and Florida will almost always loose or have a close game in State it is called Depth.  There's no DLS in ether State that mollywopped you for 2 decades and even your great DLS teams loose OOS.  Remember that team that lost to ET was supposed to be one of their all time Greats and proved it going back to Cali and not being challenged.  Meanwhile 5A Lancaster gave ET hell as did SLC and they lost to SGP and North Shore was a struggle. DLS hung 50+ on 5 other teams and 70 on another that year and no one held them to 21 pts.   Fl and Tx would do well believe me.  Hell MNW had a tough game back home that year as well.  You get too geeked up over Private teams.  All those teams would have caught hell in the Best Divisions in Fl and Tx in any year including This year and I am a Mater Dei fan.  All Tx teams are overrated till you jump on one of them. :) STA for the better part of the last 15 or so years have pretty much kept their distance away from BTW and MNW except for 1 or 2 games.  Hell Miramar have been  competitive with them.  You thought SJB was unstoppable as well till they left Cali and played another power State.  I have no fear of the Best Public School in Texas playing with anyone in any year.    Come Jump on Allen and find out. xD

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol.  The irony

#Bellevue

Are you referring to ET vs Bellevue? 

If so, that game showed TX depth that year.  ET had three losses that year, one to Desoto, 42-21.  ET ended up ranked 17th in Texas.  That was one of the best Bellevue teams ever. ET took them to OT.  

(Too bad ET doesn't have an OOS game this season, they will be pretty good.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yep Katy Tigers.  One of the most talented Bellevue teams ever was taken into OT at home vs non State Champ ET.  Katy smoked Bellevue. Hard to have scoreboard over us in 🏈

Katy didn't even win state that year, they were worked by Abilene in the finals 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Nonsense.

2009 Bosco,

1999, 2001, 2003  DLS,

Multiple STA teams,

2016 Bishop and

Very few sta teams ever would have beaten 2013 BTW

Hell a average BTW team beat the eventual 7a state champs back in 2016 and that 2013 was heads upon heads and shoulders better than that 2016 BTW team

And how could I forget this group and I am sure FL have had several more. That's how Texas and Florida rolls.

Also 2003 North Shore considered one of the best ever and 2006 Cedar Hill was dynamic and very talented for the most Recent ones.  And Several ET teams though like Cedar Hill not really Hood/urban but are mostly minority and have had 4 Teams that could play with anyone anywhere anytime.  As their 8-3 OOS record shows beating Privates :  DLS, ECA, MD, JC and not winning State here each time :).  Beat the following in State stacked schools.  Bingham and Bentonville along with Union.   Skyline have even had teams that could play with anyone.  A team called Allen with Kyler Murray.   Can Allen be a HOOD team as well since the players are majority Minority and it has more in Common with Desoto than it does SLC? xD

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Katy didn't even win state that year, they were worked by Abilene in the finals 

Yes our Non State Champs enjoy doing that to OOS Powers on many occasions. Remember when I posted on the old forum the night I watched DLS and ET.  I stated there are 10 teams in Texas that can beat both of these teams and I got B.S.  And I was proven right and I even stated there are 6 in the DFW that could beat either team.   It was true then and truer now.  Both were very good and I watched several that was just as good the same year and I didn't travel across America to see them.  I stayed right in the DFW.   And it was proven as ET caught hell on 4 other occasions including 5A Lancaster.   Hell Lufkin and JT mostly minority have had teams that can play with anyone just look at  game's against National Powerhouse SLC 2003-2005 and those games with Lufkin were tight in 2004.  1998 Duncanville.   So many teams here that could play with anyone and be very competitive.   I remember Miami Southridge having some pretty good teams back in the day. 

• Thanks 1