Black officer murders White Yoga Teacher but not one thread

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Castile was wrong and created a situation that should have never happened.

Watch the video sir.  This cop agrees with DD not Concha.  

Come on Concha.  I actually agreed with the Cops on the Recent Sacramento shooting by the way. I don't agree with the excessive force (rounds put down range) That will be their downfall.  No reason to fire 20 rounds at that guy.   

Can you imagine what this little girl will always feel toward cops?  What generations of black people feel about them.  You can go back 70 years and find the same thing.  Sad stuff and after years of this now you have a reactionary people that upsets you for holding them accountable for these historic occurrences.   Here is a great bit of advice.  They don't give a damn about your dismissiveness toward their reality.  

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

Here is a cops perspective.  He thinks like I do. A Cop Mindset.  Just like mine. He doesn't agree with you. Listen to him break it down. 

I'm not going to get into a "see, this guy agrees with me" and :well, THESE folks agree with me" back and forth.

In the end he was acquitted by a jury of 12 randomly selected citizens.

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Watch the video sir.  This cop agrees with DD not Concha.  

Come on Concha.  I actually agreed with the Cops on the Recent Sacramento shooting by the way. I don't agree with the excessive force (rounds put down range) That will be their downfall.  No reason to fire 20 rounds at that guy.   

I don't doubt that you can find a video of a cop agreeing with you. There happen to be hundreds of thousands of cops in this country however.  And in the end, after all kinds of experts testified, Yanez was acquitted.

Just now, concha said:

Castile was wrong and created a situation that should have never happened.

I must watched it again, come on Concha, the pissy cop Yanez panicked and overreacted.

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here is a cops perspective.  He thinks like I do. A Cop Mindset.  Just like mine. He doesn't agree with you. Listen to him break it down.  Pay attention.  I said reasonable force necessary.  He does too.  We can disagree. 

Exactly!  This was well said.  Simple instructions to "put hands on wheel" or "get out of the car" would have sufficed.

I don't think it was malice intent, his nerves clouded his judgement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Can you imagine what this little girl will always feel toward cops?  What generations of black people feel about them.  You can go back 70 years and find the same thing.  Sad stuff and after years of this now you have a reactionary people that upsets you for holding them accountable for these historic occurrences.  

Awful.

And still not a reason to convict Officer Yanez.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm not going to get into a "see, this guy agrees with me" and :well, THESE folks agree with me" back and forth.

In the end he was acquitted by a jury of 12 randomly selected citizens.

Funny you would say that.  It points to your lack of understanding of Police being charged when they kill or even murder anyone regardless of Color.  #FACT.   If one shoots you or I today the chance of him being charged will be very rare.  

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/police-involved-shooting-cases/index.html

1 minute ago, concha said:

I don't doubt that you can find a video of a cop agreeing with you. There happen to be hundreds of thousands of cops in this country however.  And in the end, after all kinds of experts testified, Yanez was acquitted.

They typically are.

Acquittals don't mean the system was just and fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Take care Concha we will disagree on this one for sure. I need to get out and ride my Bike and get some Vitamin D. 

Peace be with you.  Yanez was wrong in killing Castille and he will have to live with that for life and no jury can give your brain a not guilty verdict. 

I'm off to Chipotle.

Castile was wrong.  The video is clear, hence the acquittal.

Follow your CCW training and do what the good officer says.

Just now, concha said:

Yes, doing what the officer directed. More than once.

Of course Concha, cops do no wrong, they are ordinary men and women, but when they put on that uniform, they become flawless in the execution of their duty.  Why?  Because they are routinely exonerated in the court of law so they must be right...you basically said so yourself.

cheers.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Of course Concha, cops do no wrong, they are ordinary men and women, but when they put on that uniform, they become flawless in the execution of their duty.  Why?  Because they are routinely exonerated in the court of law so they must be right...you basically said so yourself.

cheers.

No.

I didn't say that. I've been discussing a particular case. But thanks for making shit up on my account.

Forgive me for not joining the lynch mob.

6 minutes ago, concha said:

No.

I didn't say that. I've been discussing a particular case. But thanks for making shit up on my account.

Forgive me for not joining the lynch mob.

Do not worry, I will never mistake you for one that fights for social justice.  

Again, you think acquittals mean the process and system are fair.  All is well in your eyes, the end justifies the means

cheers, enjoy your burrito.

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do not worry, I will never mistake you for one that fights for social justice.  

Again, you think acquittals mean the process and system are fair.  All is well in your eyes, the end justifies the means

cheers, enjoy your burrito.

Older son holding up the crew as usual...

Speaking of ends justifying means, I was unaware that social justice including railroading a cop due to the poor choices of a guy with a gun in his car.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Older son holding up the crew as usual...

Speaking of ends justifying means, I was unaware that social justice including railroading a cop due to the poor choices of a guy with a gun in his car.

There were better instructions and direction he could have given but he allowed his nerves to take over and cloud his thinking.

"To whom much is given, from him much is expected"  luke 12:48

Yanaz is a nervous fella, who should be sitting behind a desk somewhere...lives depend on It!  

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

There were better instructions and direction he could have given but he allowed his nerves to take over and cloud his thinking.

"To whom much is given, from him much is expected"  luke 12:48

Yanaz is a nervous fella, who should be sitting behind a desk somewhere...lives depend on It!  

An argument that could be made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

True but just curious....since this "white dude" is another human being, why is it that you immediately jump to one side,to offer consideration of empathy for their plight....and not the other...

Certainly both are in plight.... with guns in play on both accounts....

and certainly you are jumping to one side at the expense of the other....but given that, even if it were not EACH player's own 100% fault that put them in this predicament, and some other 'factor' is to be blamed....then why is the 'criminals' story, so much more 'appealing' to you than the 'cop's' one?

I mean I know you're consistent and all, when it happens the other way (as it always will) you condemn the cop as well...

But don't your 'opponents' share that same consistency? Same happens in reverse and they still blame the 'crook'...for sure.

So maybe the 'daily public announcements' are just you screaming your own prejudices towards....how you feel about 'cops'...and how you feel about 'criminals'.....not being fogged by any internal racism, this is not even required for this view right?  

21 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

True but just curious....since this "white dude" is another human being, why is it that you immediately jump to one side,to offer consideration of empathy for their plight....and not the other...

Certainly both are in plight.... with guns in play on both accounts....

and certainly you are jumping to one side at the expense of the other....but given that, even if it were not EACH player's own 100% fault that put them in this predicament, and some other 'factor' is to be blamed....then why is the 'criminals' story, so much more 'appealing' to you than the 'cop's' one?

I mean I know you're consistent and all, when it happens the other way (as it always will) you condemn the cop as well...

But don't your 'opponents' share that same consistency? Same happens in reverse and they still blame the 'crook'...for sure.

So maybe the 'daily public announcements' are just you screaming your own prejudices towards....how you feel about 'cops'...and how you feel about 'criminals'.....not being fogged by any internal racism, this is not even required for this view right?  

It's not color.  IMO the cop, who was black, was excessive in the recent stephon case. I stated as much. 

My position is very clear,  I hold those that have legal authority to take life to a much higher standard than a citizen, innocent or criminal. The reason why it ruffles the feather is time and again the police have been exonerated, regardless of how cut-and-dry the event appeared. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It's not color.  IMO the cop, who was black, was excessive in the recent stephon case. I stated as much. 

My position is very clear,  I hold those that have legal authority to take life to a much higher standard than a citizen, innocent or criminal. The reason why it ruffles the feather is time and again the police have been exonerated, regardless of how cut-and-dry the event appeared. 

Exactly people get upset when a black cop does the same B.S. those in authority are trained to deal with these situations. The same way the armed forces punishes a rogue member to prevent the LT. Calley types.  Why do they get pissed when a teacher is banging a student?  Because the teacher is in higher authority and you don't expect them to act like a horny teenager. You never hear the same argument that well teenagers are banging each other so why are you getting mad when a teacher bangs one. But a cop showing the same demeanor as a gang member is somehow always exonerated.  The cops that beat Rodney King was found innocent too and what  fool in his right mind didn't think that was police brutality

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

understood...cops should never be 'let off' with proven wrongdoing...more corrosive than even letting a criminal off...

Let me put it to you this way tho...referring to the endless 'fight the good fight' around here (which is fine, but regretfully i find repetitively boring)...

To me it's kind of like a 'know your audience' thingy...we have people here who are trying to preach, and when you set up your pulpit, it kind of helps to know whom you are speaking to...

To me it's barking up the wrong tree, to spend oxygen attacking those classified % owners of evil doing thinking you are going to make the most impact.....when you can make 3X the impact with the same oxygen on those that show that (same) 'stat'....LOL

In other words, if your going to fight 'racism'....well you are really going to have to address the 'lowest' subgroup of any group....as that is where it lies...

The 'all you guys really are' and why don't you see it schtick is weak, and certainly not addressing where the real problems or where the real issues lie.  The majority just don't think this way (as some might)

Weak return on investment...just think your 'playing the wrong odds'.....for a lack of a true understanding, of what those 'statistics' really mean...

Of course all this conjecture might be thrown to the wind (and show it's actual local need)....based on...

the 'peanut gallery' here...

giphy.gif

or should I say more like.....

giphy.gif

xD