Black officer murders White Yoga Teacher but not one thread

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Have you all watched the entire video of the Philando Castille shooting?

The cops were calm, and pretty obviously not looking to harass people at all. The cop was pretty respectful. Castille - as a licensed gun carrier - correctly informs the cops he has a weapon.  He then completely fucks up in multiple ways. 

He should have kept his hands on the steering wheel. He should have obeyed the cop's directions. He did neither and in fact did NOT follow the cop's directions. I understand these things are taught in Minnesota's required CCW training.

There are lots of videos out there of folks pulling guns on cops while being pulled over. Cops know this and know there is a risk every time they do it.

That cop executed that dude.  And believe me I am on the Cops side more times than not.  There is no justification for shooting that man.  I could say the same thing about Daniel Shaver if I wanted to have a certain agenda. Both were executed one black and one white. No spin can justify either.  THEY BOTH WERE MURDERED.  Most people are pulled over for disobeying some law even if running a traffic stop.  That is no reason to get killed.  I am law abiding yet I have some anxiety if a come stops me.  I wonder why it's that way.  Though chances are he will not shoot me.  Why is that?

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I agree sir. And when he was executed the 1st thing you heard was he smoke weed.  That dude worked at a School was engaged and by all accounts was a great dude.   Daniel Shaver was murdered and not one report about his drinking habits.  That is what is irritating.  

A white Terrorist gets humanized and a black Victim is victimized as if something wonton in his current or past life brought him to this tragic end.     Daniel Shaver's murder was one of the worst cases I have ever seen.   Now just imagine what they were doing before Body Cam's and Video camera's to a bunch of people regardless of color.  I find it hypocritical that now the Right says the top of Law Enforcement is corrupt but Local Law Enforcement is just amazing Cops. Thought the Justice Department found the Ferguson Police Department Rife with Racism.

THIS IS WHY WHEN AN UNARMED BLACK PERSON IS SHOT THERE IS SUCH EXTREME REACTIONS FROM BLACK PEOPLE.  THIS IS A 400 YEAR PATTERN BACK TO THE SLAVE PATROLS.   

The 102-page report on the patterns and practices of the Ferguson Police Department released on Wednesday, describes an out-of-control police department whose officers target African-Americans, stop and search people without reasonable suspicion, arrest people without probable cause, abuse their authority to quash protests, routinely ignore civil rights and use excessive force by unnecessarily using dogs, batons and Tasers.

This thought process of LEO and people in general being driven by stereotyping and bias is stupid and fatal.

Although the kid getting murdered in Ferguson was extreme, I didn't shed a tear over that loss because of the way that kid treated others.

Ferguson, what a joke of a municipality.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Have you all watched the entire video of the Philando Castille shooting?

The cops were calm, and pretty obviously not looking to harass people at all. The cop was pretty respectful. Castille - as a licensed gun carrier - correctly informs the cops he has a weapon.  He then completely fucks up in multiple ways. 

He should have kept his hands on the steering wheel. He should have obeyed the cop's directions. He did neither and in fact did NOT follow the cop's directions. I understand these things are taught in Minnesota's required CCW training.

There are lots of videos out there of folks pulling guns on cops while being pulled over. Cops know this and know there is a risk every time they do it.

Good point, I forgot about that...good catch.

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I wasn't searching Google sir and I saw it ran continuously.  Then again I don't get my news from Google only and I understand what the results mean.. It was sickening.  Of course cops shooting unarmed Black people gather more news because Black people demand it after the historical ramifications of police abusing black people.   Most on the Right can't believe Officer Friendly can actually be Officer Franticalliee.  By the way they shoot more Native American's per Capita and you don't see that either. Because they are on Human Zoo's and the same oppressor don't give a damn about them still.  Daniel Shaver's Murder was revolting and I saw it over and over.   Again it was very well reported by people that actually watch something other than Fox and read other sources.  Dude was from Texas.   

I believe the "human zoos" you refer to tend to run their own police departments. Just fyi.

Perhaps you saw lots more on the local news being in Texas.  Nationally, however, you see the relative results. Not even close and the disparity will only grow.

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

This thought process of LEO and people in general being driven by stereotyping and bias is stupid and fatal.

Although the kid getting murdered in Ferguson was extreme, I didn't shed a tear over that loss because of the way that kid treated others.

Ferguson, what a joke of a municipality.

Again I agree with Cops more often and I agree with you conclusion on Michael Brown it was investigated by the Justice Administration under Holder and he had just abused a store owner.  No reason to be shot for that alone.  But the Ferguson P.D. was racist as hell and that gives POC to be suspicious of the shooting.  I regret they let him lie in the street like a dog for hrs upon hrs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That cop executed that dude.  And believe me I am on the Cops side more times than not.  There is no justification for shooting that man.  I could say the same thing about Daniel Shaver if I wanted to have a certain agenda. Both were executed one black and one white. No spin can justify either. 

The cop actually was doing his job, being respectful and looking to not have any misunderstandings.

Truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Again I agree with Cops more often and I agree with you conclusion on Michael Brown it was investigated by the Justice Administration under Holder and he had just abused a store owner.  No reason to be shot for that alone.  But the Ferguson P.D. was racist as hell and that gives POC to be suspicious of the shooting.  I regret they let him lie in the street like a dog for hrs upon hrs. 

Brown wasn't shot for roughing up a store owner.

He was shot for assaulting a cop and trying to get his gun.

What's sad historically black people have been screaming about this forever.  Sadly until those Racist Cops in Mississicreappi killed those 2 white men along with James Chaney did this nation say WTF is going on down there in the South.  That .B.S has permeated those police forces forever.  Our Grand Fathers and Father's all have told us stories of being beaten hit with batons in the head people shot and not a damn thing done.  No one can somehow come up with this B.S. revisionist History and claim it's a fallacy.   Thank God that guy filmed Rodney King being shot when Rappers were telling this story in Songs that others had no idea about.  It was like the Black Internet before the internet erupted. 

• Like 1

What's sad historically black people have been screaming about this forever.  Sadly until those Racist Cops in Mississicreappi killed those 2 white men along with James Chaney did this nation say WTF is going on down there in the South.  That .B.S has permeated those police forces forever.  Our Grand Fathers and Father's all have told us stories of being beaten hit with batons in the head people shot and not a damn thing done.  No one can somehow come up with this B.S. revisionist History and claim it's a fallacy.   Thank God that guy filmed Rodney King being shot when Rappers were telling this story in Songs that others had no idea about.  It was like the Black Internet before the internet erupted. 

Philando Castille was from Minnesota and the cop a Hispanic.

Officer Yanez was doing everything right and trying o avoid misunderstandings once the presence of a gun was known.

Castiile did multiple things wrong and created a dangerous situation.

It was awful and tragic, but to say that the cop just executed Castille is just so fucking wrong.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

The cop actually was doing his job, being respectful and looking to not have any misunderstandings.

Truth.

I never said he was a maniac or a lunatic.  What part of that scenario sir do you think his discharging his service weapon was justified?  Now I have a 20 year Military Police career and I went to  FLETC in Glynco, Ga back in the day for search and seizure training and High Speed pursuit.  Though not a Civilian Officer I have had a lot of training with them and their schools.  You are taught to use reasonable force against a subject.  I don't see where in that scenario it called for discharging.   I would say most traffic stops involve at least one officer unholstering his weapon and the majority are re-holstered without discharging.  He was wrong IMHO and I don't care if he gave him a Coke and a Smile before the shooting.  

1 minute ago, concha said:

Philando Castille was from Minnesota and the cop a Hispanic.

Officer Yanez was doing everything right and trying o avoid misunderstandings once the presence of a gun was known.

Castiile did multiple things wrong and created a dangerous situation.

It was awful and tragic, but to say that the cop just executed Castille is just so fucking wrong.

If you shoot a person in a car that has not made an aggressive move to cause you bodily harm that is an execution sir. i know the Officer was Hispanic I don't care if he was Black he was wrong.  The cop that shot Shaver was white and his ass was wrong as well. 

I never said he was a maniac or a lunatic.  What part of that scenario sir do you think his discharging his service weapon was justified.  Now I have a 20 year Military Police career and I went to the FLETC in Glynco, Ga back in the day for search and seizure training and High Speed pursuit.  Though not a Civilian Officer I have had a lot of training with them and their schools.  You are taught to use reasonable force against a subject.  I don't see where in that scenario it called for discharging.   I would say most traffic stops involve at least one officer unholstering his weapon and the majority ore re-holstered without discharging.  He was wrong IMHO and I don't care if he gave him a Coke and a Smile before the shooting.  

I never stated you called him a maniac or a lunatic.

Castille was a CCW guy and a such had undergone training, which he completely ignored - in addition to ignoring the officer when the presence of a weapon was established. 

I have a gun.

Then don't reach for it.

[Starts reaching for something]

Order repeated...

Keeps moving...

Cop has a split second to decide...

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, DD. Somehow I'm betting lots of cops would disagree with you. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This was big news too.  And I posted this video earlier about this.   He is from Texas and it was big news.  I don't think people that watch anything but Fox News realize much that is actually happening and being reported on.  Again it was big news and sickening. 

I actually don’t watch any of the news outlets. 

4 minutes ago, concha said:

I never stated you called him a maniac or a lunatic.

Castille was a CCW guy and a such had undergone training, which he completely ignored - in addition to ignoring the officer when the presence of a weapon was established. 

I have a gun.

Then don't reach for it.

[Starts reaching for something]

Order repeated...

Keeps moving...

Cop has a split second to decide...

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, DD. Somehow I'm betting lots of cops would disagree with you. 

We can disagree on this one. Yes split second.  I feel he was saying sir I have a firearm on me and I need to pull it out.  He was saying I have to pull it out.  I;m sure he was letting him know he was presenting to them not threatening to shoot.  If he was gonna shoot do you think I am gonna pull it out or would he just start discharging toward the cop.  This is a terrible shooting for the Police Department.  And yes it is a tough Job and I agree with L.E. more often than not.  And no 1st aid given to him after the incapacitation. 

45 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

It got plenty of attention when it happened.

On a side note, where's drummer to explain the whole comply or die conundrum again?

The directions by the officer were absurd.... spin around on one leg. Blink 14 times. Plank pose for 60 seconds..... 8 jumping jacks. I mean wtf? He wanted to pull the trigger he just needed an 8th of an inch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

The directions by the officer were absurd.... spin around on one leg. Blink 14 times. Plank pose for 60 seconds..... 8 jumping jacks. I mean wtf? He wanted to pull the trigger he just needed an 8th of an inch. 

Completely agree.  I have no idea how that guy was supposed to get out of there alive.

• Like 1

It is strange that we got none of those if Shaver's would have just complied or he probably smoked Marijuana when he was 18 and thus he was killed for not doing the front Leaning rest correctly.  Dude was tired moved his right arm and got At=15'd to the Max. 

Philando Castille shot down the same and all we heard was everything he did in his life.  He becomes victimized not humanized.  The Officer on the actual passenger side where Castille was never discharged his weapon.   WHY if there was a threat would both not discharge their weapons.  Why did one judge a much different situation.  Clearly he was looking at the Gentlemen. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We can disagree on this one. Yes split second.  I feel he was saying sir I have a firearm on me and I need to pull it out.  He was saying I have to pull it out.  I;m sure he was letting him know he was presenting to them not threatening to shoot.  If he was gonna shoot do you think I am gonna pull it out or would he just start discharging toward the cop.  This is a terrible shooting for the Police Department.  And yes it is a tough Job and I agree with L.E. more often than not.  And no 1st aid given to him after the incapacitation. 

The cop was not belligerent, he was just doing a routine stop.

I agree that admittance of possession of a gun was the right thing to do. But there is a reason that hands should remain on the wheel until the cop gives instructions.  The announcement of a firearm in the vehicle has two effects: 1) the guy's being straight with me, so "good" and 2) that said, there's something in the car that could kill me. Hence "Keep your hands on the fucking wheel and follow the instructions that will keep the officer calm and feeling in control of the situation".

I can't comment on aid not being rendered for several minutes. Although Castille was apparently not killed instantly and there was still a gun in the car.

You can tell from the reaction of the officer that the shooting was the last thing he wanted to happen. He was freaked and very emotional.  Listen around 8:35 on...

5 minutes ago, concha said:

The cop was not belligerent, he was just doing a routine stop.

I agree that admittance of possession of a gun was the right thing to do. But there is a reason that hands should remain on the wheel until the cop gives instructions.  The announcement of a firearm in the vehicle has two effects: 1) the guy's being straight with me, so "good" and 2) that said, there's something in the car that could kill me. Hence "Keep your hands on the fucking wheel and follow the instructions that will keep the officer calm and feeling in control of the situation".

I can't comment on aid not being rendered for several minutes. Although Castille was apparently not killed instantly and there was still a gun in the car.

You can tell from the reaction of the officer that the shooting was the last thing he wanted to happen. He was freaked and very emotional.  Listen around 8:35 on...

Of course he was emotional he Fucked up.  Why did the Officer next to Castille not Un-holster and discharge he was closer and would have had a better view of his hands?   The woman is more calm than the Officer.  Split second decision and yes easy to be a Side Chair QB.  In this case we disagree he was wrong.  That guy wasn't going to shoot thru his woman to shoot a cop over a tail light.  B.S.

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It is strange that we got none of those if Shaver's would have just complied or he probably smoked Marijuana when he was 18 and thus he was killed for not doing the front Leaning rest correctly.  Dude was tired moved his right arm and got At=15'd to the Max. 

Philando Castille shot down the same and all we heard was everything he did in his life.  He becomes victimized not humanized.  The Officer on the actual passenger side where Castille was never discharged his weapon.   WHY if there was a threat would both not discharge their weapons.  Why did one judge a much different situation.  Clearly he was looking at the Gentlemen. 

He was on the other side of the car, did not have the view that Yanez did and would have had to shoot past a woman and a kid.  Also, Officer Yanez had to shoot in a direction requiring his partner to move the fuck out of the way (which you can clearly see him doing).

You are trying to mind-read and have no basis whatsoever to say that Yanez's partner would have done any differently had they switched positions.

4 minutes ago, concha said:

He was on the other side of the car, did not have the view that Yanez did and would have had to shoot past a woman and a kid.  Also, Officer Yanez had to shoot in a direction requiring his partner to move the fuck out of the way (which you can clearly see him doing).

You are trying to mind-read and have no basis whatsoever to say that Yanez's partner would have done any differently had they switched positions.

In traffic stops the reason you have the partner on the passenger side is to assess the situation while you engage.  I will assure you that is true. 2nd he is there to protect you and observe.  He never pulled a weapon or felt threatened.   Yeah switching position I think he would have acted much differently.   Yanez panicked and fucked up. I never said he intended to kill anyone over a brake light and yes he is quite emotional.  Because he realize the ramifications of his actions.  He was wrong.   

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Of course he was emotional he Fucked up.  Why did the Officer next to Castille not Un-holster and discharge he was closer and would have had a better view of his hands?   The woman is more calm than the Officer.  

Huh?

Yanez's partner was NOT closer.  He was standing fully erect, up on the sidewalk and probably had a great view of car roof and the calmest woman on earth. But of Castile? Nope.  And as far as unholstering his weapon, from the time Yanez displayed alarm to the first shots was probably less than a second.

C'mon, DD...