So....

Columbiafan

30 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah and what do they all have in common? 

Little to no security 

You don't see airports or police stations getting shot up that often do we?

honest, I don't think that has that much to do with it but I do not claim it might not be the case sometimes

There are simply wayyyyyyyyyyyy more soft targets than hard targets. Always will be. 

We had a Muslem terrorist shoot up his place of employment. 

We had another Muslim terrorist shoot up a night club. 

in both these cases, in spite of doing it in that name of Allah, they picked  places that they personally had grudges with. Coworkers and gays. 

We had a kid shoot up a movie theater in his neighborhood.

We had a couple school shootings, the shooter had gone to those schools.

I think it's more about familiarity. 

OK, I recall no attacks of police stations but police are most definitely targeted. 

I don't think of an airport as a hard target but I guess it's not as soft as a movie theater, that I admit. 

Anyway, one thing we know for sure, the more guns the more gun deaths.

Hence I would work to eliminate guns not encourage their proliferation in the name of safety. 

i respect your opinion as it's certainly reasonable as well.  

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

honest, I don't think that has that much to do with it but I do not claim it might not be the case sometimes

There are simply wayyyyyyyyyyyy more soft targets than hard targets. Always will be. 

We had a Muslem terrorist shoot up his place of employment. 

We had another Muslim terrorist shoot up a night club. 

in both these cases, in spite of doing it in that name of Allah, they picked  places that they personally had grudges with. Coworkers and gays. 

We had a kid shoot up a movie theater in his neighborhood.

We had a couple school shootings, the shooter had gone to those schools.

I think it's more about familiarity. 

OK, I recall no attacks of police stations but police are most definitely targeted. 

I don't think of an airport as a hard target but I guess it's not as soft as a movie theater, that I admit. 

Anyway, one thing we know for sure, the more guns the more gun deaths.

Hence I would work to eliminate guns not encourage their proliferation in the name of safety. 

i respect your opinion as it's certainly reasonable as well.  

The problem is there is no way to regulate guns away from criminals and pyschopaths who already have them 

But they seem to target places where you won't immediately be shot down 

If security was improved in schools odds are favorable that schools wouldn't be the first instinct of a place they would target

Just now, Drummer61 said:

I doubt it......States have to IMO....Mental disorder is the real problem here..Every shooter was a wacko....

So the federal government will intervene and force standardized tests which has ruined the learning process but they won't force security improvements?

Smh does this country know how to run a single education movement correctly

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:
14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The problem is there is no way to regulate guns away from criminals and pyschopaths who already have them 

true

but we can set a template and work toward a more responsible gun owning society.

I was never pro gun, I was never anti gun.

Parkland changed me. In part it just seemed like enough already, secondly, I read some of the post here and elsewhere. As the blood was still not dried up, literally, from gun owners. They made me furious and no longer wanting to be understanding of their side of the issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Most data suggest that parents, teachers,students,police and others appear to all have know about these wackos, yet did nothing.....???  When you first go to a firing range, you are observed carefully...... 

Yes and those police officers who did nothing despite being called to house should be fired for stupidity 

You get called like 20 times and do nothing, completely dropped the ball

Same with FBI who also recieved tip and did nothing 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

So far, that is exactly what has happened.....The Feds have also disbanded many mental health facilities...Post office loses money, Amtrack is a fiscal wreck as well a failure in saftey, EPA is a failure, Healthcare is a train wreck, FBI appears a failure in terms of integrity, House and means committed a wreck,VA is improving,but far from being profitable or successful, Congress is a wreck......BIG GOVT DOES NOT WORK....

Home run....with the bases loaded in Yankee Stadium...

Reagan disbanded mental fascilities.  Yes, now the EPA is a failure.  Healthcare is a wreck but attempts to address the problem was met with obstruction and a smear campaign.  Hard to improve VA Or find qualified people when Trump keeps firing people.  The FBI doesn't have integrity problem.  Too ironic that the least credible person (Trump) calls the FBI not credible and you clowns believe him.  Congress is a wreck bc of ultra conservatives decided compromise was the worst thing they could do.  That has been going on since?  Since 2010 and the tea party.  You forgot about Dept of Education, among many other things that need to improve.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

So, the FBI wasn't notified about the shooter? Twice?

I know, I know... Trump. 24/7.

LOL

You can't win a debate on merit so you use dishonest tactic. (not that you know it, you are that weak in reason)

Implying the FBi is responsible for all the mass murders rather than guns because they were not perfect in dealing with one case is intellectually void. 

Hope this helps!

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

LOL

You can't win a debate on merit so you use dishonest tactic. (not that you know it, you are that weak in reason)

Implying the FBi is responsible for all the mass murders rather than guns because they were not perfect in dealing with one case is intellectually void. 

Hope this helps!

Captain Factless talks about winning a debate on merit... priceless.  Comedy Gold.

I was referring to a particular which has been a dominant topic on the board.  The FBI did fuck up there.

Apart from that, as a general rule I admire the FBI rank-and-file, though the "management" (to which Trump refers) over the last several years has been pretty well exposed.

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Honest, this is such mindless poly talk. 

Why can't you think for yourself? 

Captain Factless, you keep acting like you know what's going on when it's obvious to anyone paying any attention at all that you don't.

Hence the mentions of "lots of words... no substance", which have been posted repeatedly about you over the years.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Captain Factless, you keep acting like you know what's going on when it's obvious to anyone paying any attention at all that you don't.

Hence the mentions of "lots of words... no substance", which have been posted repeatedly about you over the years.

Say what you will, you NEVEr hear me parrot dogma from ether camp. 

I am just so opposite of you. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Say what you will, you NEVEr hear me parrot dogma from ether camp. 

I am just so opposite of you. 

Yes, you live in an easily manipulated world of emotion that is devoid - even repelled by - the use of facts. Put you a 19 year old body and you'd fit right in at an Occupy meeting at most of the nation's colleges and universities.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Yes, you live in an easily manipulated world of emotion that is devoid - even repelled by - the use of facts. Put you a 19 year old body and you'd fit right in at an Occupy meeting at most of the nation's colleges and universities.

rotflmao

you, of all posters here, speaking to emotional immaturity?

Go ahead, make sure you get the last word and be sure after you complete your thought that you end your post with an insulting personal comment which has nothing to do with the thread.

God Bless

how so?

He is a fat man void of introspective though, parroting his tribal dogma in an emotionally immature fashion.

Captain Factless, everyone.

The board warrior who runs away crying whenever confronted with factual data.

I'll bet he thinks he even impresses folks with that mental diarrhea. xD

1 minute ago, concha said:

The board warrior who runs away crying whenever confronted with factual data.

I

I run away crying? 

You are such a mess.

It is you, round one, who ran away after a self indulgent goodbye, never to return thread about the big bad people here who don't roll over to your horseshit.

You are a Trump, not a good thing.  You constantly insult but have the thinnest of skin. 

Just be polite. I never "bury" posters who are polite. 

It's up to you. 

It's OK to be a wingnut, it is not OK to be an insulting bitch.

Like I say, Don't be a Donald, it only winds up hurting you. 

• Like 1

I run away crying? 

You are such a mess.

It is you, round one, who ran away after a self indulgent goodbye, never to return thread about the big bad people here who don't roll over to your horseshit.

You are a Trump, not a good thing.  You constantly insult but have the thinnest of skin. 

Just be polite. I never "bury" posters who are polite. 

It's up to you. 

It's OK to be a wingnut, it is not OK to be an insulting bitch.

Like I say, Don't be a Donald, it only winds up hurting you. 

LOL

IF I choose to state or leave a place, it is certainly to due to running, Captain.  When confronted with information I reply with information. Factual information. I will however, avoid a shit show (which this board has become all too often).

You?  You parade around here typing lots and lots of words without a fact to be seen, but passing judgment on many. "Captain Factless".  Long on opinion and musings and judgments, short as you can get on substance.

And I suggest you review your posts, Cap...  You seem to have issues avoiding insults yourself.  xD

7 minutes ago, concha said:

I reply with information. Factual information.

if this were true we would get along.

you understand nothing of how you think or why you think as you do

You may believe you are fact driven but your "facts" are almost always ridiculous partisan interpretations, made up stuff or misapplied.

You are not a particularly logical fellow, you will never "evolve" anything and you are very emotionally needy which ties you too tight to tribe. You do seem to know much. Well schooled or studied. 

I am not saying there is anything wrong with any of this, I am saying who you think you are and what you think you do are not lining up. 

You call me faceless because I refuse to get dragged into the game you play. Calling me factless is your attempt to compel me to. It's not gonna happen. I am always a step ahead of you. 

18 minutes ago, concha said:

You seem to have issues avoiding insults yourself.

Not really. 

I simply respond in kind and when folks get out of line, as you know, I have an ability to hit harder than anyone.

Stop your insults and watch and see.

There is only one poster here worse than you. (Do you ever know you are that bad?, generally bullies don't)