Vermont lawmakers approve gun control measures

RedZone

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott says he will sign sweeping gun control measures that include a ban on bump stocks, limits on the size of magazines, the expansion of background checks on buyers and the raising of the purchase age.

The Vermont Senate approved the contentious package Friday by a 17-13 vote after the House of Representatives passed it earlier. The bill needed 16 votes to pass.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott says he will sign sweeping gun control measures that include a ban on bump stocks, limits on the size of magazines, the expansion of background checks on buyers and the raising of the purchase age.

The Vermont Senate approved the contentious package Friday by a 17-13 vote after the House of Representatives passed it earlier. The bill needed 16 votes to pass.

meaningless 

symbolic at best

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

meaningless 

symbolic at best

In the world of change nothing is meaningless......the NRA isn't pleased and that's a good thing.

"Vermont has historically been a state proud of its stellar public safety rating and long-held hunting traditions.  Firearms have been forever cemented in the culture and responsible gun ownership has been a source of great pride.  None of that has changed.  What has changed is a Governor who emboldened an anti-gun Legislature to pass a historic gun control agenda.  This is your last and best chance to be heard.

On Friday, the Senate approved S.55 on a 17-13 vote.  The Senate Judiciary Committee offered an amendment to strip the bill of the magazine restrictions, but the Senate rejected that effort.  The bill includes raising the age on long gun purchases to 21, banning firearm accessories, limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds for rifles and 15 rounds for handguns and mandatory background checks on all private transfers with narrow exemptions. The bill’s next stop is the desk of Gov. Phil Scott. 

It is absolutely critical that you contact the Governor’s office immediately at 802-828-3333 and politely but strongly urge him to veto S.55

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180331/vermont-state-flirting-with-anti-gun-status-contact-governor-scott-immediately

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Of course! 

You are such a damn idiot who never disappoints..

You are out of your league here.....continue battling columbia. xD

he is not an idiot

his intelligence is simply not derived from thought 

plus, he lacks emotional maturity

then he has tethered himself to a tribe and has closed his mind for the comfort that affords him. 

but what is bad is that he has little understanding of what I am talking about

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

he is not an idiot

his intelligence is simply not derived from thought 

plus, he lacks emotional maturity

then he has tethered himself to a tribe and has closed his mind for the comfort that affords him. 

but what is bad is that he has little understanding of what I am talking about

6cwz4ll.gif

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Very good.....Of course that sad immigrant,who hopefully came here legally,missed the point of Sanders being from VT and being very QUITE on the gun issue.. Comments about my rushing and misspelling to try and deflect from the point....

1. I would not have chosen to stay here if I did not have residency status from the get go. I had a decent job in my home country, thank you. No need to hide in the shadows waiting for amnesty. It would not have been worth it.

2. Sanders has never been on the extreme end of the gun debate. He knows the sensibilities of his constituents. And, given the low death rate from guns in Vermont, there is/was no pressing need.

3. I am pretty sure it was ignorance and not rushing that led to the mistake. You exhibit such ignorance on a daily basis with many of your posts. 

Carry on ... 

40 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Your home country needs you......Your brilliance is needed at your decent job,your home and YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN....Go back as you are needed there much more than here...That way all the invaders may STAY in their countries of origin rather than bitch about this one..

1. So now I am an invader. The only invaders documented in the recorded history of the Americas are actually your ancestors, since they killed the natives and herded those that did not die off to reservations. 

2. Have you heard me "bitch" about the USA? Really? Yes, I am a critic of certain things. But I am not one prone to bitching about anything. Losers bitch. Winners address issues and try and fix those that seem out of kilter. 

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

You should leave and really help your country...If it's a shithole as you say,be a patriot and help fix that shithole....Leave you and be a patriot to your shithole of origin...

I would never refer to my country as a shithole. I have way too much respect for its people. Rather it is individuals of your ilk that do so.

You know what my response is: I don't give a damn for I have no respect for you. Why? You are not deserving of respect, that in a nutshell, is why!

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

.You country of origin needs you badly, help them spell and become a place that people want to stay in rather than  to leave...Your concern to diminish  me in any way should  be the least of your concerns...Help your country,they need you...Why won't you return to your decent job,home and place of origin ???????? Tell us why you deserted it, will you make a fortune here, then run from here too...Go back and assist your nation .....

I am sure in your mind you believe you have reasons for my leaving the country of my birth. As I find you to be a closed minded individual, I would never waste my time giving you reasons for this or for any of my actions. It would be a complete waste of my time to do so.  

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

That's better than had they not done so but until there is a National set of laws in place it will be more of the same.  

Until that happens we will have to listen to 'what about Chicago, they have some of the toughest gun laws' argument.  I can't stand that argument.  

But if it takes one state at a time then so be it.   

• Like 1