Does advertising get you to buy products?

HSFBfan

Does advertising get you to buy products?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does advertising get you to buy products?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone who says no is an idiot. Certain advertisements may not affect everyone. But every single person has been swayed by an ad at some point in their lives. That is why companies and election campaigns spend millions on advertising. 

You right wingers should be very aware of the social media bots that targeted you the last few years on social media. And don't pretend you have no clue. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Anyone who says no is an idiot. Certain advertisements may not affect everyone. But every single person has been swayed by an ad at some point in their lives. That is why companies and election campaigns spend millions on advertising. 

You right wingers should be very aware of the social media bots that targeted you the last few years on social media. And don't pretend you have no clue. 

No it is up to you to be swayed. You dont have to buy into the commercial billboard or the like. Some people can think for themselves and know what they want. 

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

People thinking for themselves?

This is America. Lol. 

Again like I said 6 posts ago there are a lot of stupid people all across the world. We on this board cannot help said people

And now with the power of technology you can DVR every program and never watch a commercial again

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Again like I said 6 posts ago there are a lot of stupid people all across the world. We on this board cannot help said people

And now with the power of technology you can DVR every program and never watch a commercial again

Ya but every Tom Dick and Harry on social media is flooded with ads. And they work!

Hillary's emails memes. Lock her up! Lol

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Ya but every Tom Dick and Harry on social media is flooded with ads. And they work!

Hillary's emails memes. Lock her up! Lol

Sucks to have social media. Again this is the choice people make and how they get exploited and now they are up in arms over facebook. You gave them all your info. So dumb

Ads definitely work. 

Why else would companies spend millions on research organizations in order to learn how to target specific demographics?

Why would the Trump election campaign pay Cambridge Analytica to research and eventually steal a lot of info on people from facebook?

They needed the info in order to specifically tailor and target ads.

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Ads definitely work. 

Why else would companies spend millions on research organizations in order to learn how to target specific demographics?

Why would the Trump election campaign pay Cambridge Analytica to research and eventually steal a lot of info on people from facebook?

They needed the info in order to specifically tailor and target ads.

Maybe people just expose themselves to too much stuff and than get exploited. Its up to yourself to get exposed to this stuff. You can certainly avoid all of it

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I bought a new wireless phone system for my home today based on an ad I saw this morning on bestbuy.com. 

Within an hour, I purchased it online, picked it up at the store and installed it. Too easy. 

Jokingly or are you being serious?

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

FB exploited both sides. People gravitate to things that match their basic needs, desires and outcomes. 

Right im not making it a political things. Im just saying people opened up their whole lives to be exploited by facebook. Now maybe they will realize they need to not put their entire lives out there. 

As to your 2nd sentence idk how to respond to that

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Does advertising get you to buy products? I thought this would be a good social experiment. To see if people actually watch advertisements and if you actually go out and buy a product based upon the commercial billboard etc

No joke, you are so frustrating. 

I am not the only one who has taken the time to "teach" you here. 

As long as you refuse fact in favor of your personal opinions you are doomed. 

Honest.

Come on man, a mind is a terrible thing to waste and I mean it.  

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No joke, you are so frustrating. 

I am not the only one who has taken the time to "teach" you here. 

As long as you refuse fact in favor of your personal opinions you are doomed. 

Honest.

Come on man, a mind is a terrible thing to waste and I mean it.  

It is a fact that advertising works but only if you let it.  Try to go a day without watching commercials its actually quite easy

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

It is a fact that advertising works but only if you let it.  Try to go a day without watching commercials its actually quite easy

My son removes all advertising from everything he watches. When he has a need he researches all new products thoroughly before buying. He is very, very careful with his money. Much more so than me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

My son removes all advertising from everything he watches. When he has a need he researches all new products thoroughly before buying. He is very, very careful with his money. Much more so than me. 

I do as much of this as I can stand as well. 

I pay for Google Play and Youtube Red. Zero ads on Youtube that way. No ads on the Google play music streaming either. 

Ad blockers on all of my devices. 

The only places I see ads are, billboards, regular radio, newspapers, magazines, in stores, on peoples clothing, all manner of signage, etc. etc.

There is no way to avoid advertising. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I do as much of this as I can stand as well. 

I pay for Google Play and Youtube Red. Zero ads on Youtube that way. No ads on the Google play music streaming either. 

Ad blockers on all of my devices. 

The only places I see ads are, billboards, regular radio, newspapers, magazines, in stores, on peoples clothing, all manner of signage, etc. etc.

There is no way to avoid advertising. 

He is pretty much the same.