DeMatha: Arguably the Best Team Ever from Mid Atlantic

BigDrop

26 minutes ago, LOSer said:

No. Who did they play?

They played St. John's twice and scraped by both times. They played Good Counsel twice and failed to dominate either time.

Who else?

They're just underwhelming.

There isn't a top 10 team anywhere or at any time that would struggle as badly as they did against top 100 (or so) teams.

lol

Mill Creek, Roswell Allen, San Angelo played better? 

lol

56 minutes ago, noonereal said:

lol

No.

Roswell is in the running with DeMatha for most overrated team in America.

Your point doesn't address my point.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

St. John's is a quality opponent but I disagree with you.

DeMatha has a 1-point win and trailed by 15 points in the 4th quarter in the other game.

People set the bar so low for some of these teams.

IYO how many teams in the country can go 2-2 against SJC ? 

10? Maybe 15 at most ? 

Further, don't forget if pitt cc beats a top 20 SJP (assuming they both make pa finals) the sjc resume looks even better. SJC manhandled Pitt cc. 

28 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

IYO how many teams in the country can go 2-2 against SJC ? 

10? Maybe 15 at most ? 

Further, don't forget if pitt cc beats a top 20 SJP (assuming they both make pa finals) the sjc resume looks even better. SJC manhandled Pitt cc. 

A bunch of teams could beat them by 1-point and trail by 15 with 7 minutes to go.

I don't care what Pittsburgh CC does. I care about DeMatha's inability to control teams like Good Counsel (twice) and Gonzaga.

13 minutes ago, LOSer said:

A bunch of teams could beat them by 1-point and trail by 15 with 7 minutes to go.

I don't care what Pittsburgh CC does. I care about DeMatha's inability to control teams like Good Counsel (twice) and Gonzaga.

Good counsel and gonzaga are rivalry games. They checked the box against them. 

I understand you're into the intricacies of the two SJC games but they did beat them twice Which not many in the country can do.... No matter how they did it. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

lol

lol

Mill Creek has beaten Colquitt, & plays MP #25 McEachern this coming week.

DeMatha is done with their season. Mill Creek has 3 Top 25 teams awaiting them if they keep winning.

Roswell has to beat Top 150 North Cobb, Top 100 Lowndes, & and 1 of the 4 Top 25 GA teams to win a title.

None of the Top GA squads will be unchallenged before years end.

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Good counsel and gonzaga are rivalry games. They checked the box against them. 

I understand you're into the intricacies of the two SJC games but they did beat them twice Which not many in the country can do.... No matter how they did it. 

So now we're excusing rivalry games in our evaluation of top 10 teams?

You can do that but I won't.

5 minutes ago, LOSer said:

They're unchallenged now which is what we're talking about.

I wouldn't say Grayson/Roswell are unchallenged. Mill Creek has not been tested yet but that'll change Friday. McEachern lost a heartbreaker to Grayson on a FG as time expired. Colquitt most definitely has been challenged.  

7A has some really nice teams this year, Los  

LOSer (Canes...) please forgive me for reminding you that DeMatha beat Miami Central ( US number 2 in several national polls at the time) by 30 points in a nationally televised game last year.

The next week DeMatha beat AHP.  Of course the year before DeMatha rolled over Godby, also on national tv.  Perhaps incredibly DeMatha is 3-0 vs. Florida.

My apologies for not having played more top Florida teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

LOSer (Canes...) please forgive me for reminding you that DeMatha beat Miami Central ( US number 2 in several national polls at the time) by 30 points in a nationally televised game last year.

The next week DeMatha beat AHP.  Of course the year before DeMatha rolled over Godby, also on national tv.  Perhaps incredibly DeMatha is 3-0 vs. Florida.

Crickets from Los Windbag.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigDrop said:

And?

Central didn't even win their district last year.

And they won by 24, Pythagoras.

12 hours ago, BigDrop said:

So they beat a district runner-up (Central), a first round 5A loser (Godby) and a second round 5A loser (American Heritage).

Wow.

Really impressive.

I apologize for not recognizing such greatness. I mean who else could beat Godby except maybe everybody?