Americans receiving unemployment aid lowest since 1973

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Long ago I was out of work,went to Hackensack to file for unemployment,got ashamed and left...Two days i got a good job....Today..........different.. Never forgot that feeling of shame either....

gee, i never thought of you as so insecure...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, getting the job and dealing and fighting for it, that was my style...

how is accepting insurance mutually exclusive with "getting the job?"

seems to me you were simply to insecure to admit that sometimes people lose their jobs through no fault of their own

Have you ever collected insurance on your home or car? Or were you too proud to accept an insurance payment for a stolen car?

Do you reject your social security check? That is an insurance program.

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Different attitudes then, self reliance was paramount rather that the "falling back" on govt support...James Braddock, from North Bergen ,the fighter got govt assistance,then when he won the title, paid it back..Different attitudes and self reliance..

silly insecurities 

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Not insecure,rather pissed at myself and rather than do on the arm,would work harder to find a job...That worked...I keep things simple now and then.....and have done ok..You analyze thing more than me...I'am more  of a pit bull and fight through things as opposed to contemplating others or their positions,,.....Jim Braddock.😀😀

yes i am very contemplative but also compulsively relentless

i have always pushed myself through the pain threshold as it were

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Could never get paid to do nothing. Not of my ilk. My full time job would be finding a full time job. Wouldn't take long. 

you don't

you collect insurance while you look for work

your position is just not logical

this-is-not-crx9bi.jpg

as a trumpet i would think you'd take anything you could get while screwing any and everyone along the way

maybe you are just not cut out to be a trumpet?

@GardenStateBaller @Drummer61

on a parallel subject, last week I was talking to a young guy about to graduate college. 

He had already been hired and starts work right after graduation. Good grades, played varsity sport in big college, good family.

He explained to me how no one should work more than 40 hours a week because one needs to enjoy life.

I was flabbergasted. 

A young strong guy should be working his azz off when he is young. 

I guess I too suffer from old-school-itis.

Luckily I don't have it as bad as you or drummer! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

@GardenStateBaller @Drummer61

on a parallel subject, last week I was talking to a young guy about to graduate college. 

He had already been hired and starts work right after graduation. Good grades, played varsity sport in big college, good family.

He explained to me how no one should work more than 40 hours a week because one needs to enjoy life.

I was flabbergasted. 

A young strong guy should be working his azz off when he is young. 

I guess I too suffer from old-school-itis.

Luckily I don't have it as bad as you or drummer! 

For us young guys there is nothing better than a balance of work and personal life. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

For us young guys there is nothing better than a balance of work and personal life. 

this is how i took it.

the kid is solid, upright and grounded

i think it's strictly generational

no individual short coming as work like @GardenStateBaller just suggested.

-----------------------

for me, i just think you work while you can

worry about balance when you have something to balance, like wife, kids, parents to take care of...

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

this is how i took it.

the kid is solid, upright and grounded

i think it's strictly generational

no individual short coming as work like @GardenStateBaller just suggested.

-----------------------

for me, i just think you work while you can

worry about balance when you have something to balance, like wife, kids, parents to take care of...

Yes our generation wants balance. We have no interest in working our lives away. I absolutely agree with the kid. Work your 40 hours. Do OT if you need the extra money for vacation or what not but do not work your life away. We only live once go out and live

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

being ashamed of being out of work is not being secure.

being ashamed to accept insurance payments that you are entitled is not being secure.

Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins.  But, I'm sure a hardcore practicing "christian" would know that. 

• Like 1

Sure if we’re all making 300 an hour then yes don’t strain urself but that’s not the case for most... Get it while you can is how I see it... if you don’t want the hours or the job there’s always 3 more people willing to do what ever it takes to get the job and to get it done....I’ll enjoy life when i retire or when I start  a family till then Money money money.      Moneyyyyyhh

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Sure if we’re all making 300 an hour then yes don’t strain urself but that’s not the case for most... Get it while you can is how I see it... if you don’t want the hours or the job there’s always 3 more people willing to do what ever it takes to get the job and to get it done....I’ll enjoy life when i retire or when I start  a family till then Money money money.      Moneyyyyyhh

That's your philosophy. Hate for you to work work work than die before you get to retire.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's your philosophy. Hate for you to work work work than die before you get to retire.

False... you can enjoy life and work... there’s 24 hours in a day... say your weak minded and sleep 7 hours,,, that leaves 17 hours work 10 that leaves you 7 hours of free time.. and that’s if your lazy .. cut few more hours of sleep out ....work  a few more hours a day and you still got like 3-4 free hours a day to beat ur meat or what ever you do to kill time

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

False... you can enjoy life and work... there’s 24 hours in a day... say your weak minded and sleep 7 hours,,, that leaves 17 hours work 10 that leaves you 7 hours of free time.. and that’s if your lazy .. cut few more hours of sleep out ....work  a few more hours a day and you still got like 3-4 free hours a day to beat ur meat or what ever you do to kill time

i am weak minded and sleep 12+ hours a day. So that only leaves me with 12 hours. I work 8. leaves me 4 hours for myself where i like to drink and watch TV or read a book

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1