Federal judge goes off on Mueller’s team

Bormio

In the Manafort case.  Tells them in court they are not interested in bank fraud, but trying to essentially extort testimony against Trump.  Could be grounds to dismiss the indictment for malicious prosecution.  He has not yet ruled on a possible dismissal.  Also intimated they were well outside their jurisdiction.  A sign that the judiciary could take a very dim view of Mueller’s tactics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

In the Manafort case.  Tells them in court they are not interested in bank fraud, but trying to essentially extort testimony against Trump.  Could be grounds to dismiss the indictment for malicious prosecution.  He has not yet ruled on a possible dismissal.  Also intimated they were well outside their jurisdiction.  A sign that the judiciary could take a very dim view of Mueller’s tactics.

Said the case has nothing to do with Russian collusion. That this is outside the scope of what Mueller is supposed to look at. Finally a judge with a brain

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

LOL

I see you are all excited. 

"I don't see what relation this indictment has with what the special counsel is authorized to investigate," Ellis said during an hourlong hearing in Alexandria, Virginia. "You don't really care about Mr. Manafort's bank fraud. ... What you really care about is what information Mr. Manafort could give you that would reflect on Mr. Trump"

Obviously! 

This judge is talking like a partisan wingnut and still he was scared to make an actual ruling.

Did you see Trump's latest on the Stormy dilemma? 

What a joke. Now he's backing off his latest "scheme." LOL

What a jerk***. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, noonereal said:

So you figure we should ignore it? Just let him walk. What is your take? 

It has to get thrown out. Mueller does not have the authority to indict anyone outside of Russia collusion. So yes you should move on from the manafort thing

You can certainly put pressure on a person to cooperate by bringing charges - but using it in cases where charges would not normally be brought or are outside of your jurisdiction are problematic at best.  The judge was suggesting this to be the case.  The facts of the case are murky to me, but it is not hard to believe that no one would be charging Manafort if there was no connection to Trump.  Andrew McCarthy, former US DA for the southern district of NY, has been criticizing Mueller’s tactics for some time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Manafort's alleged crimes. 

Should we just ignore them?

Trump is effectively head of a crime family. This is how you get the boss. You pressure the  guys under him. You know this. 

Guess you won’t be on the jury.

Yeah. Just because there is one thing being investigated in any case anywhere in the USA, by any law enforcement, doesn't mean they pretend not to see other laws being broken.

Come on now. 

If that was the case, there is a lot of broken tail light stops where the cop went beyond the tail light and found reasons to arrest and prosecute. 

Lord these people are a trip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. Just because there is one thing being investigated in any case anywhere in the USA, by any law enforcement, doesn't mean they pretend not to see other laws being broken.

Come on now. 

If that was the case, there is a lot of broken tail light stops where the cop went beyond the tail light and found reasons to arrest and prosecute. 

A broken tail light does not give a cop probable cause to do anything else. Remember that for future incidents of this nature

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Come on now. 

anything to save the orange man

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Manafort's alleged crimes. 

Should we just ignore them?

Trump is effectively head of a crime family. This is how you get the boss. You pressure the  guys under him. You know this. 

Manafort did this shit when Bush was president.

The crazy hysterical aunt routine suits you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, HSFBfan said:

A broken tail light does not give a cop probable cause to do anything else. Remember that for future incidents of this nature

Really?

Because a cop pulled me over for this then demanded my license and registration and insurance. Had any not been in order he could not have then further ticketed me?

Silly post. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Really?

Because a cop pulled me over for this then demanded my license and registration and insurance. Had any not been in order he could not have then further ticketed me?

Silly post. 

A typical stop will always involve you giving the cop your license and registration. Yes he could have ticked you for failure to drive without a license or registration.

But he cant get in the car thats what I was trying to say. 

And even the things he could have given you a ticket for is up to his discretion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Really?

Silly post. 

He however cannot search your car for drugs.  The post is not silly.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1