Central Florida

Canes1975

10 minutes ago, Canes1975 said:

Can i get a Top 10 for  the Orlando/ Tampa area?

I will give you the six or seven best teams out of the Greater Orlando area. I will toss in the usual suspects in Tampa (but I have no great knowledge of what to expect from them).

First Tier: Armwood, Dr. Phillips, Wekiva, Sanford Seminole, Cocoa (if the departure of their coach does not lead to mass exodus), Rockledge 

Second Tier: Apopka (could be first tier if they find a way to fill a few holes), Mainland, Plant, Lakeland, Bishop Moore, Osceola

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I will give you the six or seven best teams out of the Greater Orlando area. I will toss in the usual suspects in Tampa (but I have no great knowledge of what to expect from them).

First Tier: Armwood, Dr. Phillips, Wekiva, Sanford Seminole, Cocoa (if the departure of their coach does not lead to mass exodus), Rockledge 

Second Tier: Apopka (could be first tier if they find a way to fill a few holes), Mainland, Plant, Lakeland, Bishop Moore, Osceola

Cocoa is going to be just fine.  Last I spoke there were two transfers.  The new coach is very solid you will see them put up a lot more points than usual and they have at least 8 with D1 offers returning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Forgot about Bishop Moore and Seminole. 

Tough to predict this early. I didn't count I-95 teams 

Got you. Kind of hard, living in the Orlando area to not look at: Mainland and some of the Brevard teams. According to someone in the know, Deland is supposed to be pretty good this year. But for me seeing will be believing. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Your best bet is finding it on 

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/forum/48-the-huddle/

My top 10 before the spring (not in order. From Tampa to Orlando)

Plant 

Armwood 

Hillsborough 

Clearwater Central Catholic 

Lakeland

Kissimmee Osceola 

Dr Phillips 

Apopka 

Wekiva 

West Orange 

Lakeland Kathleen or just Lakeland?

Does Lakeland Kathleen exist anymore?

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Lakeland Kathleen or just Lakeland?

Does Lakeland Kathleen exist anymore?

Haha yea but no one would say Lakeland Kathleen in Florida. 

They are not nationally known so if you were talking to national folks you would probably say Kathleen High from Lakeland. Lol. 

The only time you would need to specify what city is if there are multiple teams with the same names like "Central" or " "University" 

OK Sport????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Your best bet is finding it on 

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/forum/48-the-huddle/

My top 10 before the spring (not in order. From Tampa to Orlando)

Plant 

Armwood 

Hillsborough 

Clearwater Central Catholic 

Lakeland

Kissimmee Osceola 

Dr Phillips 

Apopka 

Wekiva 

West Orange 

10 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Someone must know something someone else doesn't.

You have Wekiva #9 in Central Florida but Calprep have them # 25 in the Nation

??????????

Read it again 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Haha yea but no one would say Lakeland Kathleen in Florida. 

They are not nationally known so if you were talking to national folks you would probably say Kathleen High from Lakeland. Lol. 

The only time you would need to specify what city is if there are multiple teams with the same names like "Central" or " "University" 

OK Sport????

Hey HotRod, Kathleen used to be the shit at least on a regional level. 

But that was probably waaaaaayyy before you were an “idea” in mommy and daddy’s “plan”. 

Let me know anything else you may need,

C.A.

55 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hey HotRod, Kathleen used to be the shit at least on a regional level. 

But that was probably waaaaaayyy before you were an “idea” in mommy and daddy’s “plan”. 

Let me know anything else you may need,

C.A.

Man I'm just glad I wasn't dropped in the toilet with all my other siblings May they Rest In Peace. 

But when I grew up I had to smack my dad for banging my mom. I don't care who he is. That's disrespectful shit. You don't want no one banging your moms. 😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Man I'm just glad I wasn't dropped in the toilet with all my other siblings May they Rest In Peace. 

But when I grew up I had to smack my dad for banging my mom. I don't care who he is. That's disrespectful shit. You don't want no one banging your moms. 😂

Colorful upbringing indeed. 

So, you hit the floor instead of the shitter?

But I agree with the respect issue, no qualms about that here. 

21 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That wasn't in order but wekiva is way too high 

Maybe around 100 in nation but top 25 is crazy 

They quite likely about number 9 in Central Florida. Maybe even higher. But you are totally right. They are not a national top 25 team. If they grow as a team during the season and make a deep playoff run, they may merit a spot in the top 50 nationally. but that is a long ways away!

• Like 1

DeLand has talent at critical skill positions. It will be about depth.

Usually good DeLand teams are top heavy. Average to poor DeLand teams lack skill position players. The trend is pretty clear and due to the skill position talent I am a BUY at this point in time.

I’d say they are around the 7th to 10th best team in 8A region 1. They’d be tier 4 with about 5 other teams (Winter Park, Palm Bay, Viera) using my list above. I see them going 7-4, 8-3, something like that. Too many good teams in region 1 to make a deep run IMO.