More Seal Team Controversy

DevilDog

I know Civilians get all giddy over Seal Team because well unlike other SpecOps guys they are Glory Hounds. But in reality they are among the most undisciplined group in SpecOps.  Drug usage, murdering a Army SpecOps person that discovered them stealing money.  Now getting a MOH for essentially leaving an Air Force Warrior alone to fight for himself also 5 Army Rangers died in this same operation.  Military guys tell me what you think.  I have been following this for the past few Months. Stop Infighting Around SEAL's Medal of Honor, Awards Expert Says.

I respect them and all warriors.  But this just don't sit right with many other Warriors.

Really interested in your take sir @Horsefly

Tech Sgt. John Chapman saved the lives of that Seal Team and was left by them during the fog of war.  Big controversy over this award among the Services.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/05/07/navy-seal-receive-medal-honor-heroism-afghanistan.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/05/10/stop-infighting-around-seals-medal-honor-awards-expert-says.html?ESRC=marine-a_180516.nl

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know Civilians get all giddy over Seal Team because well unlike other SpecOps guys they are Glory Hounds. But in reality they are among the most undisciplined group in SpecOps.  Drug usage, murdering a Army SpecOps person that discovered them stealing money.  Now getting a MOH for essentially leaving an Air Force Warrior alone to fight for himself also 5 Army Rangers died in this same operation.  Military guys tell me what you think.  I have been following this for the past few Months. Stop Infighting Around SEAL's Medal of Honor, Awards Expert Says.

I respect them and all warriors.  But this just don't sit right with many other Warriors.

Tech Sgt. John Chapman saved the lives of that Seal Team and was left by them during the fog of war.  Big controversy over this award among the Services.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/05/07/navy-seal-receive-medal-honor-heroism-afghanistan.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/05/10/stop-infighting-around-seals-medal-honor-awards-expert-says.html?ESRC=marine-a_180516.nl

Yep, I've been following them too in articles.  Lots of issues going on and I've read where other services are losing trust in them.  Not a good look.   Need to get back to being a quiet profession.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I still believe ST6 and Delta are the best in the world at what they do.

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Maybe @concha can chime in with his upmost military knowledge!

No way the dude ever served. 

In my opinion, based on years of military experience serving in the special forces of many nations, you are from the Poop State and I own you.

Dismissed and don't forget to ask nicely for the reach-around.

• Haha 1

No one really knows what happen except those that were there. I doubt the facts from the aar ended up being what was put out to public. Officials will always put out what’s “best” for country, service, micro  level image. 

This dude was deployed on 15 admitted combat deployments, prob more behind the scenes. Dunno what happen that day but he’s a hero.

Military propaganda has always run rampant. 

10 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

No one really knows what happen except those that were there. I doubt the facts from the aar ended up being what was put out to public. Officials will always put out what’s “best” for country, service, micro  level image. 

This dude was deployed on 15 admitted combat deployments, prob more behind the scenes. Dunno what happen that day but he’s a hero.

Military propaganda has always run rampant. 

I agree no one knows. But this has been quite controversial in that Community and particularly with the AF who lost a member and didn't take their word on events and found it not all to be true and this is more than news in the AAR.  It was a Hurt Locker for many and no doubt he warriored up but a American was left and that is never a good thing especially when he was alive.  The Corps is big on that and so is the SpecOps community.  Look up other sources Warrior.  Some serious inter-service and even SpecOps problem with this to some degree.  

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I agree no one knows. But this has been quite controversial in that Community and particularly with the AF who lost a member and didn't take their word on events and found it not all to be true and this is more than news in the AAR.  It was a Hurt Locker for many and no doubt he warriored up but a American was left and that is never a good thing especially when he was alive.  The Corps is big on that and saw is the SpecOps community.  Look up other sources Warrior.  Some serious inter-service and even SpecOps problem with this to some degree.  

I’m not saying it was right or wrong. I have no idea what went down or if he’s being truthful. I read they thought he was Kia and they were di di mauing to get another injured soldier out? Sometimes shit goes bad in combat. He was in combat at least 15 other times without this situation happening so I’m guessing he has the warrior spirit and would’ve stayed trying to save AF if they knew he was alive.  Could’ve been mass confusion and made a bad choice during intense situation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I’m not saying it was right or wrong. I have no idea what went down or if he’s being truthful. I read they thought he was Kia and they were di di mauing to get another injured soldier out? Sometimes shit goes bad in combat. He was in combat at least 15 other times without this situation happening so I’m guessing he has the warrior spirit and would’ve stayed trying to save AF if they knew he was alive.  Could’ve been mass confusion and made a bad choice during intense situation. 

I referenced that it was the FOG OF WAR.  That and did you see the long version of the Niger killing the Pentagon released yesterday. That was a terrible operation.  May God Bless those 4 Warriors that lost their life. Have a great day.

Ive taken a lot of heat over the years for not bowing down to SeAL teams like the rest of America. They have their moments, and they damn sure gloat about it also. Books, TV, YouTube. Covert, they are not. They are NOT what Special ops/covert ops were intended to be. They are loud and obnoxious. Put lots of rounds down range and see who makes it out is basically their M/O.

Spent 5 years as a USMC S/S in 1st Force Reconnaissance Company, and on several missions/exercises with Seal and Ranger teams. Most SeALs were like your big mouth little brother that you had to tell to shut the fuck up all the time. They get quality training...they just dont have the one important element....... discipline.

To this day, I rarely watch a movie pertaining to Navy SeALs. Over the top hype. Too much.

I'll take Rangers and Army S/F over Seals every time.

MARSOC, Rangers, Delta, etc....just quietly do their jobs and go home. As it should be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rockinl said:

Based on?

Books,, Movies and Fox News.  Remember Grenada, Panama and other fiasco's.  Killing BIn Laden and not being able to shut up about it.  

Great Warriors but how many people even know about MarSoc and Force Recon.  Silent and deadly warriors.  Marine's 1st that's why?  I agree Rangers are also very discipline and just execute. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Books,, Movies and Fox News.  Remember Grenada, Panama and other fiasco's.  Killing BIn Laden and not being able to shut up about it.  

Great Warriors but how many people even know about MarSoc and Force Recon.  Silent and deadly warriors.  Marine's 1st that's why?  I agree Rangers are also very discipline and just execute. 

Bravado simply. You need to prep up one area of special forces for propaganda, not only to raise the spirit for our country but to try and use fear for other countries around the world. Otherwise why report what they do when you know so many other sf do the same but are not mentioned. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 10:19 PM, DevilDog said:

That is not what my claim is based on. Not even close. Nice try though. I can’t say I expected any different from you anyway.