Columbia vs Bartram Trail Spring game

Columbiafan

I went to this game last night and here is my observations of both teams

For Columbia I saw a team who has a solid offense lead by 2 d1 receivers Tj Jones and Marquez Bell, both made plays last night and while Jordan Smith needs some more work on accuracy at times and needs to let the ball go quicker instead of taking huge losses on sacks even if it just means chucking the ball out of bounds he does have good mobility and i don't think he will have any trouble as the full time qb after splitting duties with Dylan Blair last year 

Offensive line had questions but they did ok last night, not impressive but not horrible,  this position needs some work but considering we replacing 3 starters that is to be expected 

Defensively they looked pretty good overall,  while they gave up several long drives they managed to hold Bartram Trail starters to only 2 field goals despite both times being in goal line situations.

The secondary also held its own for most of the night and limited big plays,  i don't remember bartram having any plays of more than 20 yards except for a facemask penalty that added 15 yards to a 7 yard carry by bartram trail 

Overall after watching last night I wouldn't be surprised if this is Columbia's best team talent wise across the board since 2015 and if they can live up to potential I saw last night they should be a final 4 team

As for Bartram Trail their offense was not as explosive as they were last spring game against us and considering what they lost I don't expect the offense to be as good as last year and overall I expect them to drop off quite a bit,  defensively they are probably about at level of last year or slightly worse based on what I saw

Bartram did have a bright spot,  #30 (I didn't manage to find out his name) was a solid running back who i believe is a senior, he broke off multiple tackles during the game and carried the offense

Also the 2nd and 3rd string qbs for bartram trail had solid arm strength, the starter was more of a runner than a passer

Overall Bartram trail is good enough to make playoffs but don't expect them to go back to states, I see them as a second round team 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Or nobody cares about Columbia beating a team with a depleted roster, in MAY.

It's you that needs that satisfaction or consolation or whatever you want to call it.

We get it though, being relevant in Central Florida is important to you. That's as good as it gets in Lake City.

We were depleted and injured last spring so that is just excuses 

People just want to hype up these metro schools whenever they beat us but when we expose them these same people hide because it becomes obvious that their money doesn't matter when you face a program that has made a name putting these media darlings out to dry

It ain't just in the spring we do it in the fall too, ever heard of Bolles and Trinity Christian 

Those are just 2 recent ones that are among a long list of ass kickings we have handed down to these media kiss asses

And we North Florida fool,  less than a hour from GA border but you think that's central Florida?? 

52 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We were depleted and injured last spring so that is just excuses 

People just want to hype up these metro schools whenever they beat us but when we expose them these same people hide because it becomes obvious that their money doesn't matter when you face a program that has made a name putting these media darlings out to dry

It ain't just in the spring we do it in the fall too, ever heard of Bolles and Trinity Christian 

Those are just 2 recent ones that are among a long list of ass kickings we have handed down to these media kiss asses

And we North Florida fool,  less than a hour from GA border but you think that's central Florida?? 

Even worse. North FL is worse than NorCal when it comes to football.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You define the parameters and we will critique the list afterwards.

Bartram Trail over Plant

Bartram Trail over Mainland 

Raines over Cocoa

Trinity Christian over Chaminade Madonna 

Bolles over Deerfield Beach 

Trinity Christian over West Orange 

Trinity Christian over American Heritage Delray 

Trinity Christian over American Heritage Delray 

Trinity Christian over Eastside Catholic

I'll add more if more come to mind,  takes a while to go through schedules 1 by 1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Or nobody cares about Columbia beating a team with a depleted roster, in MAY.

It's you that needs that satisfaction or consolation or whatever you want to call it.

We get it though, being relevant in Central Florida is important to you. That's as good as it gets in Lake City.

Damn when did Lake City pick up and move south?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Why is this thread here on the national board? 

Why is their like 10 different threads dedicated to just colquitt spring games? 

Why was there a track thread on this board? 

Why is there a thread about a garbage guessing poll by a computer on the forum that only made a name because they have 30 CA teams in top 50?

This was a assessment based on 2 teams who will be fighting for a final 4 spot in FL second largest classification

Hell yeah it's relevant 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 7:42 AM, Columbiafan said:

Posted this on FL board and brought it over here

It's a breakdown between 2 of the top teams in FL 7a region 1

So there are 8 classifications in FL

how man regions per classification?

infeel likenyou are saying “these are two of the best teams in 1/64th of FL

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

So there are 8 classifications in FL

how man regions per classification?

infeel likenyou are saying “these are two of the best teams in 1/64th of FL

That would only be if it was the worst region in the state 

Look further than the simple answer 

Maybe you will learn something new 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Just an interesting observation from most of the spring game threads...

Seems like no team's offense looks spectacular at this early point in the season, which makes all the defenses look great. Spring games favor the defenses almost always. 

Nice write-up @Columbiafan

Well actually our offense looked pretty good but maybe that had something to do with bartram having a weak defense but I'm sure we will see as we get closer to fall if that continues to be the case 

I'm probably going to check out that 7v7 event we hosting in a few weeks, and also hosting a linemen challenge as well so hopefully I'll get something from that

• Like 1