Desperately seeking Bishop Gorman prospectus

The Stache

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Bc defense is a big strength of the team. Usually pure athlete beat Bergen. Does grayson have those types of players

Grayson this season is going to be pure athlete, piss poor QB play and coaching.

Mater Dei beat BC the way they did because of the matchup and Mater Dei wanted to put it on the East Coasters.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Grayson could win with that

It sucks because thats not usually Grayson. Grayson under Mickey Conn & Jeff Herron from 2008 (when they started their relevancy) to 2016 was known as one of the better coached teams in GA. 

Ive been a critic of Christian Hunnicut since day 1 lasy year. He lacks experience big time and I thought the coaching decline was obvious from 2016 to 2017.

Maybe Im overreacting, but... I dont think so.

The bad part is Grayson is super-talented. A great coach could turn this team into a MNC contender. It feels like its being wasted. 

Of course, if Grayson wouldve gotten that QB transfer Ross Malmgren, it wouldve helped.

I could be wrong, but they underachieved last season as far as talent... Of course they were changing over to a new HC.

Idk, its just a wait and see. We wont know 100% til they play. But when I saw their game vs. John Curtis I lost all confidence in their HC.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

It sucks because thats not usually Grayson. Grayson under Mickey Conn & Jeff Herron from 2008 (when they started their relevancy) to 2016 was known as one of the better coached teams in GA. 

Ive been a critic of Christian Hunnicut since day 1 lasy year. He lacks experience big time and I thought the coaching decline was obvious from 2016 to 2017.

Maybe Im overreacting, but... I dont think so.

Idk what everyone is saying is that BC and Grayson might be closer than what I'm thinking and would be considered more of a toss up game. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idk what everyone is saying is that BC and Grayson might be closer than what I'm thinking and would be considered more of a toss up game. 

Itll be close.

New coaching staff, new QB... 

Im telling you Grayson is going to underachieve every season under Christian Hunnicut.

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Grayson guys are saying the same thing, only about Grayson.

Based on the scrimmage this week, their QB was horrendous, and the coach is historically bad in big games.

Dang son, the HC has been head coach TWO whole seasons.  He hasn't coached enough to be considered historically bad in big games.  By the way, Echo is not a Grayson guy.  He's a GA guy though for sure. 😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson this season is going to be pure athlete, piss poor QB play and coaching.

Mater Dei beat BC the way they did because of the matchup and Mater Dei wanted to put it on the East Coasters.

Were you there Thursday?

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Ive been a critic of Christian Hunnicut since day 1 lasy year.

But when I saw their game vs. John Curtis I lost all confidence in their HC.

And you've taken *every* opportunity to say so.  Why don't we see how this season plays out first?

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

And you've taken *every* opportunity to say so.  Why don't we see how this season plays out first?

Bet you a Hippo Animal Cracker and a 2 Liter Dr. Pepper that Grayson loses atleast 3 games plus lacks any & all offensive identity in 2018...

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Fred said:

And Ill tell you why...

I like Grayson... I want them to be good. And they by far (well, Bufords semi close), are the most talented team in Georgia this season. They have a lot of potential.

But I feel like this is what happened to Camden Co. after Jeff Herron left. They fell off just a little the 1st season, a little more the 2nd, and then were awful. Christian Hunnicut had ONE season of HC experience when he got the Grayson job.

I remember Rusty Mansell of Georgias 247sports site saying it was a "great hire" for Grayson. It made no sense to me.... The guy had coached 1 season at East Jackson for fucks sake. Sure he was Bufords OC, and Graysons OL coach in 2015... But that doesnt make him HC material.

Maybe Im completely wrong... But I dont think so. When I feel this strongly about something, Im usually not. Grayson very well may go undefeated and win state... If they had at the minimum a *good* coaching staff, theyd easily win state with the insane talent they had...

It just sucks to watch so much talent go to waste.

A lot of experience coming back for BC on both sides of the ball..New QB and no Javontae Jean-Baptiste but that front 7 on defense is going to be very tough. I expect a very tight game but I have to give Grayson the edge just because they are home and I do believe they have the athletes at the skill positions to make the necessary plays. But make no mistake, this will not be the BC squad that went out awestruck to California and imploded. That game changed BC's season for the better imo and this will be a senior laden team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

A lot of experience coming back for BC on both sides of the ball..New QB and no Javontae Jean-Baptiste but that front 7 on defense is going to be very tough. I expect a very tight game but I have to give Grayson the edge just because they are home and I do believe they have the athletes at the skill positions to make the necessary plays. But make no mistake, this will not be the BC squad that went out awestruck to California and imploded. That game changed BC's season for the better imo and this will be a senior laden team.

BC doesnt do well against pure athletes and the combination that MD had was a horrible matchup for BC. Cocoa same thing brought in pure athletes and BC struggled. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

BC doesnt do well against pure athletes and the combination that MD had was a horrible matchup for BC. Cocoa same thing brought in pure athletes and BC struggled. 

yeah I agree with that and I think the weakness for BC going into this year will be the losses in the secondary. Besides Morant who very well could be a 5* recruit when all is said and done they will be inexperienced in pass coverage and with Grayson's athleticism that could be the deciding factor. But I think the game plan will be geared to mitigate some of their advantages in the athletic department. As the BC staff proved when they returned from Cali they made the necessary adjustments. Gone were the QB throwing 30 plus times and it was more of a ground and pound approach. The OL should be pretty good again and hopefully that will allow them to shorten the game. 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

yeah I agree with that and I think the weakness for BC going into this year will be the losses in the secondary. Besides Morant who very well could be a 5* recruit when all is said and done they will be inexperienced in pass coverage and with Grayson's athleticism that could be the deciding factor. But I think the game plan will be geared to mitigate some of their advantages in the athletic department. As the BC staff proved when they returned from Cali they made the necessary adjustments. Gone were the QB throwing 30 plus times and it was more of a ground and pound approach. The OL should be pretty good again and hopefully that will allow them to shorten the game. 

Yea but I dont think the new QB is a JL type. Isnt he more of a gunslinger than a ground and pound...at least that's my understanding of it. Morant is picking up offers everywhere and like you said could be a 5* sooner than later. Losing baptiste hurts as he was such a playmaker. When they came back from cali did they ever play a team that can sling the ball like that. I dont believe so from what I can remember 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea but I dont think the new QB is a JL type. Isnt he more of a gunslinger than a ground and pound...at least that's my understanding of it. Morant is picking up offers everywhere and like you said could be a 5* sooner than later. Losing baptiste hurts as he was such a playmaker. When they came back from cali did they ever play a team that can sling the ball like that. I dont believe so from what I can remember 

Look let's agree that Grayson or for that matter no other team was or will be on a par with MD last year. Apples and oranges. But that goes to my point, this will be I believe be a close and competitive game, Grayson is talented but Bergen does bring talent and experience to this game as well. And I can't see them designing a game plan that consists of your new QB slinging it around in his first high school start, on the road, against a nationally ranked top 25 team. The game plan almost has to be conservative imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Look let's agree that Grayson or for that matter no other team was or will be on a par with MD last year. Apples and oranges. But that goes to my point, this will be I believe be a close and competitive game, Grayson is talented but Bergen does bring talent and experience to this game as well. And I can't see them designing a game plan that consists of your new QB slinging it around in his first high school start, on the road, against a nationally ranked top 25 team. The game plan almost has to be conservative imo.

Truth.  Matet Dei had a Once in a Generation team.  Playing Grayson will be much easier, and the BC seniors were tempered by the Calif experience and came back a much better team

13 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I agree completely with you on all your points