Anthony Bourdain RIP

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

Not sure if anyone on the board watched his show, but sad day for his fans.  Jersey boy (Leonia) who never forgot his roots and still loved going back to Hiram’s in Fort Lee for deep fried hot dog goodness.

I always thought he lived the most awesome life imaginable.  Just goes to show we never know what demons others are fighting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

Not sure if anyone on the board watched his show, but sad day for his fans.  Jersey boy (Leonia) who mever firgot his roots and still loved going back to Hiram’s in Fort Lee for deep fried hot dog goodness.

I always thought he lived the most awesome life imaginable.  Just goes to show we never know what demons others are fighting.

I also enjoyed his show and his TV persona. He always seemed like a good guy. Depression is a bitch. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of different things that can pique our interests in this world, and he did a good job as an ambassador for food and travel. Not bad "hobbies" to have. He'll be missed.

Unfortunately, one of my first thoughts regarding how he will be remembered has to do with the fact he was on CNN, and whether or not that in itself will influence more and more people's opinion of him.

Weird world.

24 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

There are a lot of different things that can pique our interests in this world, and he did a good job as an ambassador for food and travel. Not bad "hobbies" to have. He'll be missed.

Unfortunately, one of my first thoughts regarding how he will be remembered has to do with the fact he was on CNN, and whether or not that in itself will influence more and more people's opinion of him.

Weird world.

That would be unfortunate, but if he had been on Fox I probably wouldn't have seen him. It's a shame we're not more open to the others point of view, sign me hypocrite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

That would be unfortunate, but if he had been on Fox I probably wouldn't have seen him. It's a shame we're not more open to the others point of view, sign me hypocrite.

Come on, Dan, you ain't not hypocrite. You're a straight shooting son of a gun!

44 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Weird world.

Sad, but true.  And it’s the loss of the people who rush to judgment.

I was always struck how, at the beginning of his shows where visited Montana, West Virginia, etc. he admitted that he never really understood the people who lived in those places.  But he always remarked how he grew to appreciate their culture, values, etc. even if he disagreed with them.  And he always talked about our shared humanity, how kind they were to him, how they welcomed him into their homes, and how he stopped looking down on them as a result.