TX Cross Classifications must see 4A -6A Tie Ins

DevilDog

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Agree, we have not had this many top ranked teams across classes playing each other 

And with the Privates it is even more out of the Box.  I for one am glad this is happening and I will personally see many of them for sure. 😉.  

15 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Aight...Time to play Devil's Advocate here DD.

You know (and all of Texas knows) that quite a few of the schools are borderline in their classifiications.

Highland Park is basically a stone throw from being 6A (been on and off the edge for years).  Same with Argyle and 5A.  Lufkin was just 6A last season iirc.

I like that the lower classes are playing up...But Im gonna be fooled by some of these "edge teams" matchups.  Ijs 👍🏻.

With all that said...Who, Where, and What in tarnation is Vidor???

Also....Marshall...Ls...I'll end it there 😁

No problem.  But how did that work out for Manvel and Longview when they dropped down?  It didn't.   Lufkin is not gonna win 5A either.  Don't believe me just watch.  The old saying is HP waits to the numbers come out and miss it by 3 kids each year. 😁  Most are not edge teams.  I would agree if the kept yo yoing every few years. 

Can't wait for Marshall, Longview and Carthage.  Though Carthage lost a beast of a team. They told me out in Frisco in the Playoffs vs. La Vega that they were reloading and not going anywhere and will have another beast toting the Rock for them.  

P.S. Vidor doesn't have a great History when it comes to the Brothers.  Good you don't know about it. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

For sure

I got them out there sir.  We can plan accordingly.  So many on the same night.  Somehow Lil Newton will be on my travel plans.  I love those exceptional type lil guys.  2016 WOS, 2014 Gilmer 2017 Carthage and Newton teams. 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No problem.  But how did that work out for Manvel and Longview when they dropped down?  It didn't.   Lufkin is not gonna win 5A either.  Don't believe me just watch.  The old saying is HP waits to the numbers come out and miss it by 3 kids each year. 😁  Most are not edge teams.  I would agree if the kept yo yoing every few years. 

Can't wait for Marshall, Longview and Carthage.  Though Carthage lost a beast of a team. They told me out in Frisco in the Playoffs vs. La Vega that they were reloading and not going anywhere and will have another beast toting the Rock for them.  

It's Manvel...they can't win a title if it bit them in the ass apparently.

As for Longview...well...We might as well take a mandatory CPR class.

(Also...blame that #1 6A team during those 4A battles).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I am one of the few Texans that is not all caught up with all the AAA's behind the name of a Team.  I get out and watch all the top teams especially 4A - 6A and I am seeing talent a lot closer than many want to believe.  With 5A splitting this year and some teams moving up and down and with old rivalries and most teams will play up or down a class we can now see 2 or more classes playing up and down and we get to compare 5A teams that will play  big time 6A teams and also play a big time 4A within a few weeks of each other.  Many a week apart. 

Here is a look at those games and gives us Texans the opportunity to review and get out an watch these.  I will try to put them by areas and my fellow Texans add to it if I missed out on some

I will only post those among teams that are ranked that is playing up or down against a power or good program.  A few OOS teams listed because they are bigger schools and I am including 3A Powerhouse Newton who stepped up to play bigger schools and those schools are playing up. So as I believe Newton would be a power in 5A and we will get a good comparison as well as WOS who plays this team as well as 5A Powers.  This to me along with the Privates mixing it up will be very revealing.  The Landscape is changing.  And no I am not saying they will beat the Allen's and Lake Travis' most teams will not including OOS powers and 6A teams. 🤘

Pre-Season look at intriguing Inter class match ups this year will be posting soon.  

It's probably because your 5A is an OVERRATED JOKE! Even ALLEN, with 6,000 students, and Katy, who has an all star team from an eight school ISD, had to import their QB(Murray) and Katy's RB(Anderson) from the Bayou a coupla years ago! They have NO FEEDER systems! They only ACQUIRE talent like Grayson, Marietta, Buford, St. John Bosco, Mater Dei, DLS, Bergen, Don Bosco, St. Pete's, St Johns, Dematha, and Bishop Sullivan, et al.! Conversely, playing with essentially local talent, from a rural county of 46,000! The Colquitt County Packers have had FIVE major college RB's since 2014, and a first round draft choice in the NFL draft! IF we could have enticed transfers from just the surrounding rural counties in SOWEGA! IMG woulda wanted to take a dirt road! Within thirty five miles of the HOG PEN, resided three of the top DL in the COUNTRY! There was also one of the fastest humans in the NFL, Tyreek Hill of the Chiefs, and Malcohm Mitchell of the Patriots! But we have this pesky lil trait in SOWEGA called LOYALTY to THEIR school!

Just now, ORabidOne said:

It's probably because your 5A is an OVERRATED JOKE! Even ALLEN, with 6,000 students, and Katy, who has an all star team from an eight school ISD, had to import their QB(Murray) and Katy's RB(Anderson) from the Bayou a coupla years ago! They have NO FEEDER systems! They only ACQUIRE talent like Grayson, Marietta, Buford, St. John Bosco, Mater Dei, DLS, Bergen, Don Bosco, St. Pete's, St Johns, Dematha, and Bishop Sullivan, et al.!! 

Go back to your millions of Georgia threads...Those areas have like 7-8 middle schools min at least...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

It's probably because your 5A is an OVERRATED JOKE! Even ALLEN, with 6,000 students, and Katy, who has an all star team from an eight school ISD, had to import their QB(Murray) and Katy's RB(Anderson) from the Bayou a coupla years ago! They have NO FEEDER systems! They only ACQUIRE talent like Grayson, Marietta, Buford, St. John Bosco, Mater Dei, DLS, Bergen, Don Bosco, St. Pete's, St Johns, Dematha, and Bishop Sullivan, et al.!! 

Care to bet on the next one  😁

Thanks for adding the Ga. expertise on Texas Cross classifications about teams that are not even participating. How can you know so much about Texas but I am Happily content in not knowing a damn thing about Ga and will not pretend to. But Buford does sound like a name that a Team from Ga. should have along with Cooter and Gomer😋 How is Hazzard County  gonna be this year?  Has Boss Hogg stadium been renovated and the Rebel flag removed from end zone to end zone.   See how much I know about Ga. HS football.   I am sure I could do like you and pretend I know about Ga. and post absolute nonsense.  But I have a rule not to make myself look stupid for no reason.  Try it sometime. 

15 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Go back to your millions of Georgia threads...Those areas have like 7-8 middle schools min at least...

Mind blowing.  I don't even really follow Texas TAPPS but after a few postings here I hope Prestonwood hangs Half a Hunnert on whoever that team is they are playing from Ga. 😎 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Speaking of MIDDLE SCHOOL! THAT's what I think that I'm watching most of the time, when viewing teams in Cali, Texas, ole Virginnie, and NEW Jersey! Those coaches have NO real concept of down and distance! PLUS, that arrogance that your team couldn't POSSIBLY stop theirs, with FOUR tries at a first down!

28 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

It's Manvel...they can't win a title if it bit them in the ass apparently.

As for Longview...well...We might as well take a mandatory CPR class.

(Also...blame that #1 6A team during those 4A battles).

I do know one thing 4A scheduled every damn top match up in that class that they could.  Damn near every top 10 team will play others in the top 10 in both DI and DII.  4A gonna work 5A.  Don't believe me just watch and 3A Newton is gonna work all 3 of those top 4A teams.   Which match ups are you most excited to see. 

If you just ignore old people they will eventually go to sleep. I apologize for even responding.

9 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

It MAY be a TEXAS problem! That of LITTLE to NO coaching!

But our coaches can count to 11, where that coach of yours screwed it up twice in a row in a championship game! How unbelievably stupid does one have to be to choke a state title that way?   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I do know one thing 4A scheduled every damn top match up in that class that they could.  Damn near every top 10 team will play others in the top 10 in both DI and DII.  4A gonna work 5A.  Don't believe me just watch and 3A Newton is gonna work all 3 of those top 4A teams.   Which match ups are you most excited to see. 

If you just ignore old people they will eventually go to sleep. I apologize for even responding.

Yep, this guy has made an ass of himself on the Texas site, ignore the old dipwad and he'll go away.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep, this guy has made an ass of himself on the Texas site, ignore the old dipwad and he'll go away.

Silly.  I only posted this for guys that go watch these games to see the compelling match ups and maybe a few of us will get to check them out and those that at other games during the year can add their expertise on the match ups.  I got a busy 1st 5 weeks this season.  Beast Texas and DFW along will keep me busy.   Of course an open forum for anyone to posts on this subject.  It is about Tx cross classifications games only.  

Week 3:  One of these:  If Marshall upsets Longview the week before and Carthage is smoking. I will be in bEast Texas.  If not I will be in WOS. 😎

#9 5A DII Marshall vs. #2 4A DI Carthage (9/14) Defending Champs

4A DII #1 West Orange Stark vs. 3A DII #1 @ Newton (9/14) Defending 3A Champ and loaded little

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That's a good one.  

I IIke duncanville vs a very athletic Lancaster and SOC in weeks 1 and 2.  IMO both Lancaster and SOC are underrated in 5A.  

Wow even more great ones.  Damn

This in Week 4

4A DI #1 Carthage vs. #3 4A DII #3 Gilmer (9/21 )

But I have this one in my backyard

4A DI #10 Melissa vs. TAPPS #3 Cedar Hill T.C. (9/21)

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Week 3:  One of these:  If Marshall upsets Longview the week before and Carthage is smoking. I will be in bEast Texas.  If not I will be in WOS. 😎

#9 5A DII Marshall vs. #2 4A DI Carthage (9/14) Defending Champs

4A DII #1 West Orange Stark vs. 3A DII #1 @ Newton (9/14) Defending 3A Champ and loaded little

If you're not at that WOS vs Newton game....We gotta talk about some things...

• Haha 1