Facebook plunges 24%

Bormio

53 minutes ago, Bormio said:

..... better put some ice on that, Mark.

If you are long stocks, this is going to affect you, too. Facebook will almost certainly take the market down in early trading tomorrow. Thus, though I don't own FB, this is going to hurt me and it will probably hurt you, too!

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are long stocks, this is going to affect you, too. Facebook will almost certainly take the market down in early trading tomorrow. Thus, though I don't own FB, this is going to hurt me and it will probably hurt you, too!

I am not making frequent moves in the market.  What FB does tomorrow has little influence on where I am in a year or two.  If FB went belly up means little to me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I am not making frequent moves in the market.  What FB does tomorrow has little influence on where I am in a year or two.  If FB went belly up means little to me.

I see you have been sold a bill of goods by the financial advisory industry. I will say no more on the matter then.

But just for the record, if you own a mutual fund that comes close to tracking the NASDAQ or NASDAQ 100, FB going belly up would have a huge impact on you at least in the intermediate term (months to a few years). Why? Simply because it is a very large percentage of both those indices due to them being capitalization weighted. 

People laughing at guy that's worth 70 Billion and makes 6 Million a day.....

Only at prepgridiron.com......

Not one of these broke, poor-white asswipes here laughed or commented on trump's bankruptcies and his other colossal failures. Go figure. Why? They love taking daddy orange's shaft up the poop shoot daily...

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I see you have been sold a bill of goods by the financial advisory industry. I will say no more on the matter then.

But just for the record, if you own a mutual fund that comes close to tracking the NASDAQ or NASDAQ 100, FB going belly up would have a huge impact on you at least in the intermediate term (months to a few years). Why? Simply because it is a very large percentage of both those indices due to them being capitalization weighted. 

I don’t own a NASDAQ fund.

7 hours ago, Bormio said:

Things In life I don’t get excited about

1). White sprinters

2).  Thin chefs

3).  Stock analysts who aren’t rich

1. Believe it or not, there have been world class white sprinters a mere generation ago, and one who still runs today. Valeriy Borzov of the Soviet Union was the fastest man in the world in 1972, and Pietro Mennea of Italy and Allan Wells of Scotland  who ran in the late 1970s and 1980s were equally good. In fact Mr. Mennea held the 200 meters world record for awhile. More recently, Chrstophe Lemaitre of France became the first white sprinter to run the 100 meters in under 10 seconds and has been world class on the Diamond League stage.  I would think these are sprinters to be excited about. 

2. Gordon Ramsey is not fat. I think most would agree he is a world class chef.

3. I am not a stock analyst and you don't know my financial status. 

Stay excited by the Orange Man. I am sure he will lead you to the promised land! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I would think these are sprinters to be excited about. 

Sure...a generation ago. 

2. Gordon Ramsey is not fat. I think most would agree he is a world class chef.

Wouldn't exactly call him thin, either...which is the adjective that was used. 

3. I am not a stock analyst

This is disappointing. Thank god for Holiday Inn Express, I guess. 

and you don't know my financial status. 

It's not that difficult to make a pretty educated guess, TBH. 

35 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Sure...a generation ago. 

Wouldn't' exactly call him thin, either...which is the adjective that was used. 

This is disappointing. Thank god for Holiday Inn Express, I guess. 

It's not that difficult to make a pretty educated guess, TBH. 

He is the one who told Drummer he could not afford to go to Europe like Drummer.

• Haha 1