The NEW HOG PEN!

ORabidOne

While I was perusing the PREseason PACKER REPORT, on CNS TV in Moultrie, Georgia! Coach ProPst, touched upon the chances that a new and improved Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium, could quite possibly come to fruition in the foreseeable future, at PACKER PARK! THAT being said, the purest are probably up in arms, over abandoning the hallowed grounds, adjacent to the ole Moultrie High School parking lot! But Coach ProPst has a soft spot in his heart for the ole digs! And to minimize those fears, he proposes a new stadium, that resembles the OLD! The feel of the HOG PEN, as it were, with NO TRACK! NOW, it would be nice to have a tad more leg room! It appears that I have grown taller since twelfth grade! And a new, COOLER artificial surface would be a welcome site for the future Packers! NOW, THIS is where it gets sticky for ME! Although there doesn't appear to be adequate parking at the ole/current ball park! Due to the parking being spread through five or six surrounding venues! It appears to be very adequate, and relatively easy to exit! Were a new stadium to be erected at PACKER PARK, unintended consequences are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! That geographical area is similar to the one at the new stadium in Petal, Miss., where we went to scout South Panola! One main road in and out of the main stadium parking lot! In a word, a FUCKING NIGHTMARE SCENARIO! I had just purchased my new five speed Rabmobile! And before that night was over, I thought that I'd need a new CLUTCH! And I left in the THIRD QUARTER of a BLOWOUT! ANYWHO, food for thought! NEWER don't ALWAYS mean BETTER! 

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

While I was perusing the PREseason PACKER REPORT, on CNS TV in Moultrie, Georgia! Coach ProPst, touched upon the chances that a new and improved Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium, could quite possible come to fruition in the foreseeable future, at PACKER PARK! THAT being said, the purest are probably up in arms, over abandoning the hallowed grounds, adjacent to the ole Moultrie High School parking lot! But Coach ProPst has a soft spot in his heart for the ole digs! And to minimize those fears, he proposes a new stadium, that resembles the OLD! The feel of the HOG PEN, as it were, with NO TRACK! NOW, it would be nice to have a tad more leg room! It appears that I have grown taller since twelfth grade! And a new, COOLER artificial surface would be a welcome site for the future Packers! NOW, THIS is where it gets sticky for ME! Although there doesn't appear to be adequate parking at the ole/current ball park! Due to the parking being spread through five or six surrounding venues! It appears to be very adequate, and relatively easy to exit! Were a new stadium to be erected at PACKER PARK, unintended consequences are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! That geographical area is similar to the one at the new stadium in Petal, Miss., where we went to scout South Panola! One main road in and out of the main stadium parking lot! In a word, a FUCKING NIGHTMARE SCENARIO! I had just purchased my new five speed Rabmobile! And before that night was over, I thought that I'd need a new CLUTCH! And I left in the THIRD QUARTER of a BLOWOUT! ANYWHO, food for thought! NEWER don't ALWAYS mean BETTER! 

Taking out the track is my preference for Tom Riden Stadium, and if that comes to fruition for y’all. Well, well  done. 

The stadium is in fantastic shape, excavate the field and track add seats, enclose the west end to visitors side creating a horseshoe. 

BGW

21 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Taking out the track is my preference for Tom Riden Stadium, and if that comes to fruition for y’all. Well, well  done. 

The stadium is in fantastic shape, excavate the field and track add seats, enclose the west end to visitors side creating a horseshoe. 

BGW

What the HELL is WRONG widjou peoples? ENDZONE SEATING?xD Are YOU going to sit in an ENDZONE? Hell, twenty five rows on the thirty five yd. line, ain't good enough for ME! And Mack Tharpe don't have a track NOW! In fact, the one next to the IPF, is a FIRST for Packer track and field!

THAT'S what makes the HOG PEN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INTIMIDATING! The fans are on top of the players! And the 1000 seat HAWG POUND and I, O Rabid One, are THIRTY FEET from the ENEMY!😉

32 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

What the HELL is WRONG widjou peoples? ENDZONE SEATING?xD Are YOU going to sit in an ENDZONE? Hell, twenty five rows on the thirty five yd. line, ain't good enough for ME! And Mack Tharpe don't have a track NOW! In fact, the one next to the IPF, is a FIRST for Packer track and field!

THAT'S what makes the HOG PEN SOOOO INTIMIDATING! The fans are on top of the players! And the HAWG POUND is THIRTY FEET from the ENEMY!

My mistake, UGA and others nationwide should’ve consulted you. 

Who are you, anyways?

49 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

While I was perusing the PREseason PACKER REPORT, on CNS TV in Moultrie, Georgia! Coach ProPst, touched upon the chances that a new and improved Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium, could quite possible come to fruition in the foreseeable future, at PACKER PARK! THAT being said, the purest are probably up in arms, over abandoning the hallowed grounds, adjacent to the ole Moultrie High School parking lot! But Coach ProPst has a soft spot in his heart for the ole digs! And to minimize those fears, he proposes a new stadium, that resembles the OLD! The feel of the HOG PEN, as it were, with NO TRACK! NOW, it would be nice to have a tad more leg room! It appears that I have grown taller since twelfth grade! And a new, COOLER artificial surface would be a welcome site for the future Packers! NOW, THIS is where it gets sticky for ME! Although there doesn't appear to be adequate parking at the ole/current ball park! Due to the parking being spread through five or six surrounding venues! It appears to be very adequate, and relatively easy to exit! Were a new stadium to be erected at PACKER PARK, unintended consequences are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! That geographical area is similar to the one at the new stadium in Petal, Miss., where we went to scout South Panola! One main road in and out of the main stadium parking lot! In a word, a FUCKING NIGHTMARE SCENARIO! I had just purchased my new five speed Rabmobile! And before that night was over, I thought that I'd need a new CLUTCH! And I left in the THIRD QUARTER of a BLOWOUT! ANYWHO, food for thought! NEWER don't ALWAYS mean BETTER! 

I don't see that happening in mine and your lifetime.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Jesus lay off the Opioids Rab No Bueno

15 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WELL, WE'RE as OLD a DIRT! I'm good with the OLE HOG PEN, as long as they get my elevator installed in time!😉

Leonard McCoy never installed my escalator.  But as an aside....that elevator you're dreaming about would be on the HOME side.  I don't think you'd get a lot of use ...unless you cozy up to the Packer Touchdown Club President.

Just saying....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Leonard McCoy never installed my escalator.  But as an aside....that elevator you're dreaming about would be on the HOME side.  I don't think you'd get a lot of use ...unless you cozy up to the Packer Touchdown Club President.

Just saying....

Rufus>>

I sit on the FUTURE HOMEside NOW! Cousin Rush don't like that cemetery none too well!

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Just saying....

Rufus>>

Heck, I know the PRES! Once upon a time, I even touched his jeep!

Talking about stadium improvements... 

Look what Valdosta did.

5b5ba3cc475f0.image.jpg.8a44b111350011df1df8866678d4cc8c.jpg

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_sports/new-video-board-raised-at-bazemore-hyder-stadium/article_a2643921-163a-59ba-9411-a50bdee8c898.html

New video board raised at Bazemore-Hyder Stadium

VALDOSTA — Football games at Bazemore-Hyder Stadium will be quite an experience this season.

Over the past few weeks, a new 25-by-36-foot video board was installed in the west end zone of the classic stadium.

“I think people will be amazed by the clarity of the picture, the size of the scoreboard, and the sound,” said Valdosta High head football coach Alan Rodemaker.

In addition to the jumbotron, an auxiliary board has also been added in the east end of Bazemore-Hyder Stadium, and next week, Rutland Low Voltage Systems will be installing a new sound system.

Valdosta State will have access to the video board during Blazer games, but it was the Valdosta High Touchdown Club that took the initiative in funding the project.

The VHS Touchdown Club voted on the board, and after figuring out the details, presented a proposal to the Board of Education for approval.

Touchdown Club president Mike “Nub” Nelson referred to the decision as a “no brainer” when factoring in a significant increase in the potential advertising that can be done.

“It’s all about ‘Feed the ‘Cats,’ and we needed something that we can sell,” Nelson said. “We had like $5,000 worth of ad space on our scoreboard, and we decided that if we went to this jumbotron, that’d give us more ad space to sell, so we can make more for our ‘Feed the ‘Cats’ program.”

Derrick Davis is the sports editor at the Valdosta Daily Times.

Teams in south Georgia getting pretty creative in fundraising for nutrition programs. It seems like their TD club is trying to kill a couple of birds with one stone here. Nice video board for the fans, and use the ad proceeds for their nutrition program. 

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Look what Valdosta did.

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_sports/new-video-board-raised-at-bazemore-hyder-stadium/article_a2643921-163a-59ba-9411-a50bdee8c898.html

VALDOSTA — Football games at Bazemore-Hyder Stadium will be quite an experience this season.

Over the past few weeks, a new 25-by-36-foot video board was installed in the west end zone of the classic stadium.

“I think people will be amazed by the clarity of the picture, the size of the scoreboard, and the sound,” said Valdosta High head football coach Alan Rodemaker.

In addition to the jumbotron, an auxiliary board has also been added in the east end of Bazemore-Hyder Stadium, and next week, Rutland Low Voltage Systems will be installing a new sound system.

Valdosta State will have access to the video board during Blazer games, but it was the Valdosta High Touchdown Club that took the initiative in funding the project.

The VHS Touchdown Club voted on the board, and after figuring out the details, presented a proposal to the Board of Education for approval.

Touchdown Club president Mike “Nub” Nelson referred to the decision as a “no brainer” when factoring in a significant increase in the potential advertising that can be done.

“It’s all about ‘Feed the ‘Cats,’ and we needed something that we can sell,” Nelson said. “We had like $5,000 worth of ad space on our scoreboard, and we decided that if we went to this jumbotron, that’d give us more ad space to sell, so we can make more for our ‘Feed the ‘Cats’ program.”

Teams in south Georgia getting pretty creative in fundraising for nutrition programs. It seems like their TD club is trying to kill a couple of birds with one stone here. Nice video board for the fans, and use the ad proceeds for their nutrition program. 

Do they still have RENT A CAT?

Yeah, I think politically, a new stadium at Packer Park will be pretty tough. 

A complete refurb or rebuild where it is currently may be an easier sell. Idk. 

I'm with Rufus for the time being. Probably no time soon. 

Of course, a couple more back to back state titles and another natty as the cherry, things could get interesting in the lobbying dept. 

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Look what Valdosta did.

a little puny by West Monroe standards but you Georgia folks are getting there  😏

West Endzone and East Endzone...  and we don't share it with anybody  😎

wmscoreb.jpg

wmscoreb1.jpg

• Like 1