Hey Ohio Peeps

paladin4ever

I believe they bring back a good amount of talent offensively.  Jamir Thomas (6'1 220) is a bruiser on both sides of the ball at RB and LB and put up over 1,500 yards last year. They have a talented receiving duo in Tre'Von Morgan (6'6 215) and Jayden Ballard (6'2 170). Ballard is only a sophomore and may end up the top Ohio prospect for the class of 2021. Most of their O-line returns.  Not sure what they bring to the table defensively this year aside from Thomas, but the expectations are that they should be a top ten team in D2.  

11 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

I believe they bring back a good amount of talent offensively.  Jamir Thomas (6'1 220) is a bruiser on both sides of the ball at RB and LB and put up over 1,500 yards last year. They have a talented receiving duo in Tre'Von Morgan (6'6 215) and Jayden Ballard (6'2 170). Ballard is only a sophomore and may end up the top Ohio prospect for the class of 2021. Most of their O-line returns.  Not sure what they bring to the table defensively this year aside from Thomas, but the expectations are that they should be a top ten team in D2.  

Thanks! I suspect this game will come down to how the lines perform. Montclair also brings back an experienced O-line. Should be a good game.

1 hour ago, paladin4ever said:

Friday, 9/14, Montclair (NJ) at Washington (Massillon, Oh.), 7:30 PM

What can you tell me about Washington this season?

They suck like ALWAYS? Supposedly NINE Nattys with NO STATE titles on the playing field! Can you believe they have THREE high schools in a town of 30,000? But one of the most beautiful ladies on the planet,(Madison Gesiotto) went to the third choice in Massillon, Jackson Public!

Since this is an Ohio thread... Saw the release today of the match-ups for the Skyline Chili Showdown

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/cincinnatis-crosstown-showdowns-20th-anniversary-lineup-revealed

636305270649507083-forshowdown.jpg?w=100Photo: Sam Greene, The Enquirer

By: USA TODAY High School Sports | May 18, 2017

High school football fans eager for action can begin salivating after the 20th-anniversary lineup of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Crosstown Showdown was unveiled Thursday, featuring 21 games in “the nation’s largest high school football showcase.”

There will be six marquee games played at the University of Cincinnati’s Nippert Stadium on August 25-26 — the opening weekend in Ohio. Five of the six matchups at Nippert pit area locals against each other with Elder-Lakota West kickstarting the party on Friday night, followed by a big bout between Colerain and La Salle in the nightcap.

Per event organizer Tom Gamble, Elder is the only program to have played in all 20 Crosstown Showdowns.

“It’s a great event,” said Elder head coach Doug Ramsey. “We love playing at Nippert and starting the season off with a quality opponent. Playing Lakota West with all of their defensive talent will be a great challenge for us and be a good gauge of how good we are.”

It will be the fourth straight season La Salle, three-time defending Division II state champions, and Colerain have met. It will also be the debut of La Salle’s new head coach, Pat McLaughlin.

“We are very excited to be part of the Showdown, a first-class event,” McLaughlin told Cincinnati.com. “Playing such a great team gives us an opportunity, early, to see where we stand.”

The following day, Nippert will see four games with Lakota East and Walnut Hills up first, followed by Milford and Oak Hills as Tom Grippa makes his return to high school football, then defending Division I state champion St. Xavier squares off with Hinsdale Central (Ill.), and finally Moeller meets Hamilton.

La Salle, Moeller and St. Xavier will be making their 19th appearances in the Showdown, while Colerain makes its 18th showing. Greater Catholic League South teams are a combined 60-13 all-time in the Showdown, according to Thursday’s press release.

The Showdown officially starts with a pair of Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana ball games as Cooper hosts Highlands and Lawrenceburg hosts East Central on August 18.

Ohio kicks things off August 23 with Deer Park hosting Hughes, and on August 24, Mount Healthy welcomes Taft, while Aiken travels to Western Hills.

That same week — August 25 — Badin hosts Ross, Fairfield hosts Centerville, Sycamore visits Loveland, Mason travels to Springboro, and new Princeton head coach Mike Daniels will travel with his Vikings to help the West Clermont Wolves make their highly anticipated debut.

The action continues into the second week of the season with CHCA visiting Indian Hill and Turpin, under new head coach Kent McCullough, travels to Northwest on September 1.

The final games of the Showdown this year are scheduled for September 8 as Beechwood — hot off a Class 1A state title last season— hosts Corbin, Anderson travels to Harrison and Kings hosts Covington Catholic in this year’s only Ohio-Northern Kentucky matchup.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since this is an Ohio thread... Saw the release today of the match-ups for the Skyline Chili Showdown

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/cincinnatis-crosstown-showdowns-20th-anniversary-lineup-revealed

636305270649507083-forshowdown.jpg?w=100Photo: Sam Greene, The Enquirer

By: USA TODAY High School Sports | May 18, 2017

High school football fans eager for action can begin salivating after the 20th-anniversary lineup of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Crosstown Showdown was unveiled Thursday, featuring 21 games in “the nation’s largest high school football showcase.”

There will be six marquee games played at the University of Cincinnati’s Nippert Stadium on August 25-26 — the opening weekend in Ohio. Five of the six matchups at Nippert pit area locals against each other with Elder-Lakota West kickstarting the party on Friday night, followed by a big bout between Colerain and La Salle in the nightcap.

Per event organizer Tom Gamble, Elder is the only program to have played in all 20 Crosstown Showdowns.

“It’s a great event,” said Elder head coach Doug Ramsey. “We love playing at Nippert and starting the season off with a quality opponent. Playing Lakota West with all of their defensive talent will be a great challenge for us and be a good gauge of how good we are.”

It will be the fourth straight season La Salle, three-time defending Division II state champions, and Colerain have met. It will also be the debut of La Salle’s new head coach, Pat McLaughlin.

“We are very excited to be part of the Showdown, a first-class event,” McLaughlin told Cincinnati.com. “Playing such a great team gives us an opportunity, early, to see where we stand.”

The following day, Nippert will see four games with Lakota East and Walnut Hills up first, followed by Milford and Oak Hills as Tom Grippa makes his return to high school football, then defending Division I state champion St. Xavier squares off with Hinsdale Central (Ill.), and finally Moeller meets Hamilton.

La Salle, Moeller and St. Xavier will be making their 19th appearances in the Showdown, while Colerain makes its 18th showing. Greater Catholic League South teams are a combined 60-13 all-time in the Showdown, according to Thursday’s press release.

The Showdown officially starts with a pair of Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana ball games as Cooper hosts Highlands and Lawrenceburg hosts East Central on August 18.

Ohio kicks things off August 23 with Deer Park hosting Hughes, and on August 24, Mount Healthy welcomes Taft, while Aiken travels to Western Hills.

That same week — August 25 — Badin hosts Ross, Fairfield hosts Centerville, Sycamore visits Loveland, Mason travels to Springboro, and new Princeton head coach Mike Daniels will travel with his Vikings to help the West Clermont Wolves make their highly anticipated debut.

The action continues into the second week of the season with CHCA visiting Indian Hill and Turpin, under new head coach Kent McCullough, travels to Northwest on September 1.

The final games of the Showdown this year are scheduled for September 8 as Beechwood — hot off a Class 1A state title last season— hosts Corbin, Anderson travels to Harrison and Kings hosts Covington Catholic in this year’s only Ohio-Northern Kentucky matchup.

This is from last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Friday, 9/14, Montclair (NJ) at Washington (Massillon, Oh.), 7:30 PM

What can you tell me about Washington this season?

Massillon will be a pretty good squad this season.  I would rank them number 2 in D2 in Ohio behind Akron Hoban who's top 5 overall in Ohio.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

This is from last year.

Oh shit! You are right. 

*kicks ball and goes to stand in corner*

😂

They did release the matchups today though. I saw a channel 9 news clip on it. I'll have to go hunting again now. I thought that was it. Thanks for the catch. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh shit! You are right. 

*kicks ball and goes to stand in corner*

😂

They did release the matchups today though. I saw a channel 9 news clip on it. I'll have to go hunting again now. I thought that was it. Thanks for the catch. 

No problem playa.  I don't miss these games and always find a free place to park.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

By the way Skyline sucks.  If ever in the area, go across the river to Newport and get Dixie Chili.

Not gonna lie. I cringed when I saw that you had quoted my post in my notifications. I was like... Well, I didn't watch the entire video. I just saw some channel 9 news clips of it in my Google feed earlier this morning. Maybe it got to the end and says 2017. 😂

Anyway, on the chili tip... I've never had either but it looks kinda like Krystal's chili. Have you ever had theirs? Same? Different? Better? 

A bowl of Krystal's with those damn salty little oyster crackers in the winter for lunch is right on time. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not gonna lie. I cringed when I saw that you had quoted my post in my notifications. I was like... Well, I didn't watch the entire video. I just saw some channel 9 news clips of it in my Google feed earlier this morning. Maybe it got to the end and says 2017. 😂

Anyway, on the chili tip... I've never had either but it looks kinda like Krystal's chili. Have you ever had theirs? Same? Different? Better? 

A bowl of Krystal's with those damn salty little oyster crackers in the winter for lunch is right on time. 

Never had Krystals and haven't eaten skyline since I worked downtown in 2003.

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

By the way Skyline sucks.  If ever in the area, go across the river to Newport and get Dixie Chili.

Camp Washington chili. Better than most I’ve had out here. From the east coast but lived out here now long enough. If in a pinch for time, skylines chilitos steamed are good, but have to be steamed 

• Like 1

Skyline is the best large chain Cincinnati style chili.....its fantastic and tastes nothing like Castleberrys lol.

As for the smaller local chili joints....my friend Cardinaltruth is right....Camp Washington is among the best...  I personally like Price Hill Chili the best, but wouldn't debate much between the two.

Nptb' s recommendation of Dixie isn't bad, but is probably near the bottom of my list of Cincinnati chili

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Massillon will be a pretty good squad this season.  I would rank them number 2 in D2 in Ohio behind Akron Hoban who's top 5 overall in Ohio.

Agreed. 16 starters back from a final four team...if it wasn’t for Hoban they might actually have a shot at a ring this year. 

Also, it looks like we can add chili to the topics that sportsnut doesn't know dick about. Castleberrys? LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Hopefully Montclair shows a bit better than Wayne Hills did last year or expect a similar result😂

That got ugly against McKinley (who did beat BC in 7 on 7 with those 2 stud WRs) but a non BNU team in Old tappan whooped WH by similar margin twice ..... 

I expect Montclair to compete well but not win that game on the road.

Where did those WRs from McKinley end up you know? Don't remember their names..... I think one was a smaller guy speedster and other one was a big body WR with good hands...