New Jersey / Pennsylvania Thread

Sammyswordsman

The Stage is set for another exciting year in the NJ/PA region as the Top programs are all within striking distance of each other, and capable of emerging as #1 in the Region.  Leading the pack is defending champion Bergen Catholic who returns a solid core, but must replace a large portion of the offense at the all important QB position.  The crusaders have a crucial matchup vs. Georgia powerhouse Grayson on Aug. 31 that will go along way in determining how the NJ/PA region stacks up Nationally.

Back  and ready for the 2018 spotlight is SPP, which had a banner season in 2014 going 11-1 with a close loss to IMG being the only blemish.  The Mauraders open up against Mike Trout's alma mater Millville, before heading into a brutal 2 week gauntlet of SJP (pa) on 9/8 and #1 Bergen Catholic on 9/14.  A sweep here will propel SPP significantly up in the National Rankings.

CalPreps starts em off in the following order.

Bergen 59.5

SPP 54.9

DePaul 52.7

SJR 47.4

Pine Richland 46.5

St. Joseph (PA) 43.6

Imotep 41.9

ArchBishop Wood 38.6

Don Bosco 26.6

sjr.jpg

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Stage is set for another exciting year in the NJ/PA region as the Top programs are all within striking distance of each other, and capable of emerging as #1 in the Region.  Leading the pack is defending champion Bergen Catholic who returns a solid core, but must replace a large portion of the offense at the all important QB position.  The crusaders have a crucial matchup vs. Georgia powerhouse Grayson on Aug. 31 that will go along way in determining how the NJ/PA region stacks up Nationally.

Back  and ready for the 2018 spotlight is SPP, which had a banner season in 2014 going 11-1 with a close loss to IMG being the only blemish.  The Mauraders open up against Mike Trout's alma mater Millville, before heading into a brutal 2 week gauntlet of SJP (pa) on 9/8 and #1 Bergen Catholic on 9/14.  A sweep here will propel SPP significantly up in the National Rankings.

Bergen 59.5

SPP 54.9

DePaul 52.7

SJR 47.4

Pine Richland 46.5

St. Joseph (PA) 43.6

Imotep 41.9

ArchBishop Wood 38.6

Don Bosco 26.6

sjr.jpg

If boel can have the time to throw he seems to have a nice arm. But hes not as big as Langan so I dont think hell be running people over which was part of the gameplan from last year. DePaul over SJR is surprising with how good the lines at SJR will be. NJ as always should be very interesting 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJR at DPC on 9/14. We'll see soon enough who the contenders and pretenders are.  

Very true. You think sjr would be fav but as you said we shall see very soon. Friday night games will be tough for me to get too as early as I used too. Should get there around 6 or so. 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Bergen 59.5

SPP 54.9

DePaul 52.7

SJR 47.4

Pine Richland 46.5

St. Joseph (PA) 43.6

Imotep 41.9

ArchBishop Wood 38.6

Don Bosco 26.6

sjr.jpg

SJR will have a really big discipline fast team this year unfortunately BC and SPP have ridiculous size especially Peters

I’ll let @Sppclassof97 give you the details of your that team but Sweet Mary and Joseph I have not seen a team that young filled with 6”6 240lbs freshman and sophomores and incoming freshman 

if hansen can control that group They will be scary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Durn....it's kinda tough when you hafta lump Jersey and Pennsylvania together......

Rufus>>

its kinda tough to realize when you wake you in ( insert Southern state ) that talking about  high school football might be the best part of your day.....then you realize its back to work back at smithfield pork.....and happy hour at Porkies....then wake up and repeat

Image result for porkies sign from the movie

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

its kinda tough to realize when you wake you in ( insert Southern state ) that talking about  high school football might be the best part of your day.....then you realize its back to work back at smithfield pork.....and happy hour at Porkies....then wake up and repeat

Actually, that sounds like a pretty good day to me. 

Were you going for an insult? 

Damn bro. Football and Porky's is life! You better axe somebody. 

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

Not to sound too crude...but I'll take my life over anybody else's I know.

And that's a fact.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Actually, that sounds like a pretty good day to me. 

Were you going for an insult? 

Damn bro. Football and Porky's is life! You better axe somebody. 

that is the problem...that sounds good to you....hard to get the south off of ya....lol

17 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Calprep projections for relevant teams

DBP 2-7 

BC 7-2

SPP 8-1

DePaul 8-1

SJR 6-3

Calpreps must have a real heavy weighting on a returning QB....do not understand Depaul Catholic rating while they lost a loaded class to graduation.....DPC is more 6-3. or  4-5  with PC and DB game as toss up's....

9 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Calpreps must have a real heavy weighting on a returning QB....do not understand Depaul Catholic rating while they lost a loaded class to graduation.....DPC is more 6-3. or  4-5  with PC and DB game as toss up's....

Seems like it. Returning qb is a big deal but BC doesnt have a returning Qb and they are projected 7-2

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Seems like it. Returning qb is a big deal but BC doesnt have a returning Qb and they are projected 7-2

Yeah but BC has a lot of experienced talent returning in a lot of other positions. Seems like SJR just can't ever get preseason love,  always underestimated imo. BC loses to Grayson and the SJR game is a tossup. SPP will be solid but I just think they  have too much to replace at key positions that they will be underdogs to Bergen & Joe's. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Yeah but BC has a lot of experienced talent returning in a lot of other positions. Seems like SJR just can't ever get preseason love,  always underestimated imo. BC loses to Grayson and the SJR game is a tossup. SPP will be solid but I just think they  have too much to replace at key positions that they will be underdogs to Bergen & Joe's. 

Who does SPP have to replace? 

38 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

and let's not forget they had no running game last year to speak of. They were 1 dimensional. They need to get a running game or Mainor is going to have the same problems that he had in both games against Bergen. 

BC pinned their ears back and destroyed him at metlife. That game was over in the 1st quarter 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

BC pinned their ears back and destroyed him at metlife. That game was over in the 1st quarter 

Exactly. Don’t think that any of the other Big 6 teams as well as SJP won’t have the same game plan if that new Oline doesn’t gel quickly and that don’t have a decent running back. They have a lot of talent down there in Jersey City but I just think they are a year away right now. But this is preseason so everything is speculative 

25 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Exactly. Don’t think that any of the other Big 6 teams as well as SJP won’t have the same game plan if that new Oline doesn’t gel quickly and that don’t have a decent running back. They have a lot of talent down there in Jersey City but I just think they are a year away right now. But this is preseason so everything is speculative 

SJR and BC should be ana absolute great game this year. I dont think dbp has another 2-7 season. Spp has always athletes but like you said last year bc destroyed them. I'm interested to see how boel looks at qb. 

• 2 weeks later...