Manafort guilty on 8 charges....Trump will be having a hissy

stanscript

17 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Mistrial on 10 counts. 

Leave it to you to focus on such nonsense.

The light at the end of your tunnel is a freight train bearing down on you.

Oh, and I won't ruin your day further by telling you about Michael Cohen's day in court today, except to say that trump is now an unindicted co-conspirator.  First President since Nixon to be one.  Wow!  What a terrific day for justice in America!

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Oh, and I won't ruin your day further by telling you about Michael Cohen's day in court today, except to say that trump is now an unindicted co-conspirator.  First President since Nixon to be one.  Wow!  What a terrific day for justice in America!

I saw about Cohen. Let's see what happens with that. 

Still nothing with Russia right?

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I saw about Cohen. Let's see what happens with that. 

Still nothing with Russia right?

The Great Russian Air McMuffin is still being hunted down.

I predict it will be found hanging out with the legendary basselope in a dive bar near Schenectady in the not too distant future.

6573210559_14872d27d7_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, concha said:

The Great Russian AIr McMuffin is still being hunted down.

I predict it will be found hanging out with the legendary basselope in a dive bar near Schenectady in the not too distant future.

6573210559_14872d27d7_b.jpg

Millions of dollars spent of our money and still no Russia 19 months later. Yawn

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stanscript said:

To be fair Trump wasn’t actually named was he?  “Candidate for federal office?”  It could be ANYONE...couldn’t it?

• Like 1

I know about zilch when it comes to law but let me ask this. 

They are investigating Russian collusion but getting these people on other charges not related? 

Is what’s going on like randomly picking anyone on this MB and searching everything in their history to come up with a law that’s been broken and then charged for it?

It would be like doing safety checks on cars and then hooking up to a cars computer and searching to see if you have ever sped and then give out speeding tickets from years ago? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, stanscript said:

For all those thinking that Mueller is conducting a witch hunt.  Guess again.

The only thing I’ll point out again is where is any legal proceeding related to “collusion”?

Everyone knew Manafort was dirty (that Trump hired him goes to show how hard up his campaign was in terms of bringing anyone credible on board), and he deserves to go to jail.

But we continue to wait, and wait, and wait for the main course to be served...if it ever will be...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I know about zilch when it comes to law but let me ask this. 

They are investigating Russian collusion but getting these people on other charges not related? 

Is what’s going on like randomly picking anyone on this MB and searching everything in their history to come up with a law that’s been broken and then charged for it?

It would be like doing safety checks on cars and then hooking up to a cars computer and searching to see if you have ever sped and then give out speeding tickets from years ago? 

So Mueller investigating “collusion” between Trump and Russia (I use quotes because the exact nature of the collusion isn’t defined as far as we know).  An obvious entry point for Russia into Trump’s campaign is Manafort, who was a political adviser for a Putin-backed ruler in Ukraine (puppet) and was compromised due to his financial hardships (as we’ve since learned).

During the investigation into Manafort’s work, payments, communications, etc. with the Ukrainian government (and by extension Putin) financial illegalities are discovered.  No “collusion” so to speak, but illegal activity.  What are Mueller and his team, as sworn officers of the court, to do?  Not pursue it, or pursue it (either directly or by handing it off to a US Attorney’s office)?  In this case they chose to prosecute (perhaps with hope of flipping Manafort).

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

In this case they chose to prosecute (perhaps with hope of flipping Manafort).

In which case the question would become whether or not testimony by said flipped person is "playing" (true) or "composing" in order to keep his ass out of jail (by pleasing a so obviously Trump-hostile Mueller).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, concha said:

In which case the question would become whether or not testimony by said flipped person is "playing" (true) or "composing" in order to keep his ass out of jail (by pleasing a so obviously Trump-hostile Mueller).

I feel like this is the classic if I'm going down I'm gonna try to take everyone down.

33 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

The only thing I’ll point out again is where is any legal proceeding related to “collusion”?

Everyone knew Manafort was dirty (that Trump hired him goes to show how hard up his campaign was in terms of bringing anyone credible on board), and he deserves to go to jail.

But we continue to wait, and wait, and wait for the main course to be served...if it ever will be...

Everyone knows trump is dirty and hires scum would be much more accurate.

Applaud the effort though.

Carry on.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2