inside news on Urban Meyer saga

SJR89

gents -  I have a source with knowledge of what is potentially going to happen to urban meyer....he will receive a 3 or 4 game suspension and will remain coach.  there will be enough cover for him to  hide under with someone possibly getting fired in administration,........my source is close to situation in Columbus.....and feels confident this will be the result.  I know nothing else and will not be asking this person again.....

also there is a lot of bad info on the wife apparently as well and they do not want to bring out any dirty laundry on her .....just what i was told.....

IMO Meyer should be fired ....case closed. hiding behind admin snafu in their process etc....is BS

• Like 1

Just now, SJR89 said:

gents -  I have a source with knowledge of what is potentially going to happen to urban meyer....he will receive a 3 or 4 game suspension and will remain coach.  there will be enough cover for him to  hide under with someone possibly getting fired in administration,........my source is close to situation in Columbus.....and feels confident this will be the result.  I know nothing else and will not be asking this person again.....

This is exactly what I told my buddy would happen.

They would place him on paid leave until the story was played out and then administer a short suspension to make it appear they handled the situation.

PS I didn't need an inside source to figure this out.

• Haha 1

i disagree....different than Durkin at MD...he knew this of the kid and brought him OSU from FL because he had to look out for him in compensation to his mentor Earl Bruce...Zaks grandfather....just shows really poor judgement on Meyer and hard to believe his wife did not tell him....he should be fired....not a discussion....just like Durkin should be fired...not even a discussion...

15 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

i disagree....different than Durkin at MD...he knew this of the kid and brought him OSU from FL because he had to look out for him in compensation to his mentor Earl Bruce...Zaks grandfather....just shows really poor judgement on Meyer and hard to believe his wife did not tell him....he should be fired....not a discussion....just like Durkin should be fired...not even a discussion...

The contract states that the punishment is "up to termination" for the infraction.

If this is the first time it's happened, then a suspension is appropriate.

I'm pretty sure Urban Meyer has admitted to knowing about the abuse.

Urban Meyer was not the abuser after all. He did not violate any laws. He simply did not fulfill one of the terms in his contract.

Ohio State needs Urban Meyer and they are not going to turn their back on him for something so minor. A winning team brings in too much revenue and that far outweighs the coach not notifying them about someone else beating their wife.

With that being said, if some no name coach at a losing school did this, he would have been canned immediately.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Ohio State needs Urban Meyer and they are not going to turn their back on him for something so minor. A winning team brings in too much revenue and that far outweighs the coach not notifying them about someone else beating their wife.

that is flat out cold.....that's why 95% of  us believe he will not get fired but this is totally wrong....not sure in his contract it states you get a second pass for not reporting a wife beating.....just wrong my friend....is he bigger than the school...is football bigger than the school,,,,if he is not fired then we know the answer....I would like to think at some schools he would be fired....

• Like 1

Just now, SJR89 said:

that is flat out cold.....that's why 95% of  us believe he will not get fired but this is totally wrong....not sure in his contract it states you get a second pass for not reporting a wife beating.....just wrong my friend....is he bigger than the school...is football bigger than the school,,,,if he is not fired then we know the answer....I would like to think at some schools he would be fired....

Ohio State thinks he is, and that is what matters. They could careless about what someone else thinks.

The contract doesn't say he gets a second chance, but it also does not say he will be terminated for violating the terms. Ohio State is within their rights to determine the severity of the punishment. Nothing unfair about that, period.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Ohio State thinks he is, and that is what matters. They could careless about what someone else thinks.

The contract doesn't say he gets a second chance, but it also does not say he will be terminated for violating the terms. Ohio State is within their rights to determine the severity of the punishment. Nothing unfair about that, period.

that's true...but there is a moral compass we all should live by...and if OSU hides under HR parameters in his contract than shame on them......think about this...Tressel got canned bc kids were selling OSU gear and or trading gear for tattoo's......Meyer knew his coach beat his wife and he keeps his job?  total joke

14 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

that's true...but there is a moral compass we all should live by...and if OSU hides under HR parameters in his contract than shame on them......think about this...Tressel got canned bc kids were selling OSU gear and or trading gear for tattoo's......Meyer knew his coach beat his wife and he keeps his job?  total joke

It is what it is, man. I personally would have reported the abuse as to not violate my contract and risk losing my job. No assistant's position or public image is important enough for me to take that risk.

Had he reported it, the coach would have been fired and left to deal with any legal issues that came with it.

The Tressel case is a little different as that was an NCAA violation, and I have no idea of the details in his contract pertaining to what he did. He deliberately withheld information that allowed him to play ineligible players. He out the program at risk and as a result would cost the school in fines, revenue, etc. Nothing Meyer did in this situation was a liability for the school, except possibly a PR nightmare which they were able to control ultimately.

It is what it is, and we have no influence over it.

On the other side of it, the wife should have reported the abuse to the authorities instead of relying on a head football coach to report it. A part of me makes me wonder what the wife's intentions were behind the scenes. Were there ulterior motives? Women are crazy after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

also there is a lot of bad info on the wife apparently as well and they do not want to bring out any dirty laundry on her .....just what i was told.....

IMO Meyer should be fired ....case closed. hiding behind admin snafu in their process etc....is BS

BOT wants to reinstate him immediately with no suspension at all. President want suspension 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He will likely have mental breakdown like he did at Florida and will need to take break from coaching at some point.  He is scum of the earth and complete fraud of what is good in a man!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SJR89 said:

This attitude just irks me to no end. Everyone just loves playing moral police.

While this may not apply to you personally, a very large contingent of those clamoring for Urban Meyer to be fired are at the same time willing to ignore, tolerate and/or defend the actions of President 45 despite being fully "aware" of all kinds of different accusations against him. The citizens of this country and elected officials look the other way and are doing NOTHING about it. But Urban Meyer is the one that needs to be fired. How freaking rich is that -- and hypocritical?

If someone doesn't like Urban Meyer or what they believe he stands or doesn't stand for, fine. Everyone is free to have their own opinion. You can choose not to support him or the business he works for. But Urban himself wasn't involved in domestic abuse. He didn't hit anybody. He didn't fail to report a known crime to the police. He hasn't committed a crime himself.

This Zach Smith sounds like a complete douchebag. If he hit his wife, he is a douchebag. But in a he said-she said situation where no charges had been filed and the employee/friend denies the accusations and indisputable proof wasn't available, all Urban is guilty of is being on the wrong side of who he chose to believe.

Furthermore, it's not a crime to employ an imperfect person that didn't have a criminal history. Zach Smith won't go the rest of his life w/o landing other jobs. Are the company's that hire him gonna be in trouble too? And before anybody replies me with the "he can't have a high profile job like that" take .. that is merely your moral opinion. But I'll guarantee that at some point in your life there have been friends or family around you that have done immoral and perhaps even terrible things in their past yet you stuck by them and quite possibly got burned by the decision. That's life.

I detest Jim Harbaugh and Michigan. And Nick Saban and Alabama. If this situation involved either of them instead of Urban Meyer, I'd feel the exact same way. It's an overreaction to all the other high-profile celebrity scandals that have come to light in recent years.

I'll conclude by circling back to President 45. Anybody that ignores, tolerates or defends his actions has absolutely no leg to stand on in siding against Urban Meyer. Not only is it beyond hypocritical, it's the equivalent of focusing on mouse shit when there's elephant shit everywhere. Case closed.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SJR89 said:

Oh I've seen/heard a lot on the BS on the wife.  She's shady as hell.

But I (as most Im sure) suspected that from the get go.

5 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

This attitude just irks me to no end. Everyone just loves playing moral police.

While this may not apply to you personally, a very large contingent of those clamoring for Urban Meyer to be fired are at the same time willing to ignore, tolerate and/or defend the actions of President 45 despite being fully "aware" of all kinds of different accusations against him. The citizens of this country and elected officials look the other way and are doing NOTHING about it. But Urban Meyer is the one that needs to be fired. How freaking rich is that -- and hypocritical?

If someone doesn't like Urban Meyer or what they believe he stands or doesn't stand for, fine. Everyone is free to have their own opinion. You can choose not to support him or the business he works for. But Urban himself wasn't involved in domestic abuse. He didn't hit anybody. He didn't fail to report a known crime to the police. He hasn't committed a crime himself.

This Zach Smith sounds like a complete douchebag. If he hit his wife, he is a douchebag. But in a he said-she said situation where no charges had been filed and the employee/friend denies the accusations and indisputable proof wasn't available, all Urban is guilty of is being on the wrong side of who he chose to believe.

Furthermore, it's not a crime to employ an imperfect person that didn't have a criminal history. Zach Smith won't go the rest of his life w/o landing other jobs. Are the company's that hire him gonna be in trouble too? And before anybody replies me with the "he can't have a high profile job like that" take .. that is merely your moral opinion. But I'll guarantee that at some point in your life there have been friends or family around you that have done immoral and perhaps even terrible things in their past yet you stuck by them and quite possibly got burned by the decision. That's life.

I detest Jim Harbaugh and Michigan. And Nick Saban and Alabama. If this situation involved either of them instead of Urban Meyer, I'd feel the exact same way. It's an overreaction to all the other high-profile celebrity scandals that have come to light in recent years.

I'll conclude by circling back to President 45. Anybody that ignores, tolerates or defends his actions has absolutely no leg to stand on in siding against Urban Meyer. Not only is it beyond hypocritical, it's the equivalent of focusing on mouse shit when there's elephant shit everywhere. Case closed.

to blunt Meyer had to go bc he is supposed to be a leader of young men....case closed.....his poor judgment multiple times on smith is the issue.....Trump should be gone ...period...I am not a hypocrite...I am a huge Irish fan...if this same was Brian Kelly ...I would be calling for him to be fired the same.   A higher standard is needed.....do not stand up and lie in front of the big ten media when your wife told you...it would seem she has bigger balls than Urban does........