Georgia boys

Mickeybern

54 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Broke it while on vacation ... ordering a new screen to put on it (instead of buying a new phone) but not sure if itll be here in time... if it is, ill be there.

Sugarloaf Mills, formerly Discover Mills, has a store called Cell phone clinic. Replaced my iPhone screen same day in less than an hour for 70

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

$185 and they put it on for you in 20 mins

i know they got them by you

Yes, I called and only 1 place out of quite a few have the screen on hand... but im not paying $180 for someone else to do it when I can order it for $45 and do it myself.

... Georgia has an opportunity to make a decent statement... If Grayson beats Bergen, North Gwinnett beats Wekiva, Buford beats Deerfield Beach, and Milton beats Cardinal Gibbons... thatd be a pretty solid feat. 

I doubt we win all 4 though. its just not likely... you never know whats going to happen in these games.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

... Georgia has an opportunity to make a decent statement... If Grayson beats Bergen, North Gwinnett beats Wekiva, Buford beats Deerfield Beach, and Milton beats Cardinal Gibbons... thatd be a pretty solid feat. 

I doubt we win all 4 though. its just not likely... you never know whats going to happen in these games.

I agree it’s different when the 7A plays. Like jersey, this is a big weekend for Georgia also 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Like I said I was thinking about picking Grayson but then I’d have to root for them but the other picks I’m confident they lose atleast 3 of them

I believe Grayson and North Gwinnett will rise to the occasion. I’m confident in those two for sure. It’ll take two DAMN GOOD teams to pull of those wins on Friday  

Buford and Milton I have no clue. Milton is the only team that probably isn’t favored, so a loss there isn’t surprising. Their win over Archer was a major upset, but they struggled with Alpharetta last week. Not sure what to make of them other than they have a really talented QB. Buford is a team in a lower classification that hasn’t won state since 2014. They beat a really down Tucker team. No idea what to make of them. They’ve struggled on offense against good teams in the last few years. 

Kinda surprised by this but according to CalPreps, the GA team is the more lowly ranked team in all but the Grayson vs Bergen Catholic game...

(not counting IMG in FL state rankings)

#27 Deerfield Beach FL @ #42 Buford GA (FL #2 vs. GA #4)

#31 Wekiva FL vs. #68 North Gwinnett GA (FL #3 vs. GA #7)

#48 Cardinal Gibbons FL @ #79 Milton GA (FL #6 vs. GA #9)

#47 Bergen Catholic NJ vs. #17 Grayson GA  (NJ #1 vs. GA #3)

----

using HSFA... aka Jeff fisher

#8 Bergen Catholic NJ vs. #5 Grayson GA

#59 Deerfield Beach FL @ #46 Buford GA

#55 Wekiva FL vs. #48 North Gwinnett GA

#68 Cardinal Gibbons FL @ NR Milton GA

If you want to know who the almighty CalPreps is going with... (Im shocked it has Grayson over BC by 13...) ... CP says GA goes 1-3
PROJECT A MATCHUP
[2018] Grayson (Loganville, GA) 35, [2018] Bergen Catholic (Oradell, NJ) 22
[2018] Deerfield Beach (FL) 31, [2018] Buford (GA) 21

[2018] Wekiva (Apopka, FL) 20, [2018] North Gwinnett (Suwanee, GA) 14

[2018] Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale, FL) 38, [2018] Milton (GA) 28
============

Massey has... (IMO Massey is awful also with state scaling)

North Gwinnett 34, Wekiva 14

Grayson 28, Bergen Catholic 27

Cardinal Gibbons 34, Milton 28

Buford 22, Deerfield Beach 14

I'd like to see BC win but really doubt it.  Grayson is one of those teams that has the kind of defensive speed you just don't see on one team other than in the south and seeing it for the first time is always the hardest.  That said, typically the BNU can outcoach or put in the right playbook because usually these southern teams  tend to blow assignments etc.  although I don't think Grayson is one of them.   

Grayson appears to me to be well coached as well which is scary.  I would personally take a healthy Grayson over Mater Dei because I always lean toward the better defensive team and second better inside running game.  Mater Dei's offense is a think of beauty but what defense has it really seen......and great passing/timing offenses have a habit of looking great until they meet the right defense.   Lol  I haven't seen Grayson play this year so I'm not sure what they even have .....I'm just basing it on what I've seen in prior years. 

Have I seen more talented teams - yes .  Have I seen teams with that level of talent and coaching - I don't think so.....actually some of the George Smith STA would fit that bill but that's about it  (maybe Bosco '11 but that was only on the defensive side of the ball - and to be honest that Bosco '11 defense is just a standard type Grayson or top southern defense (of course they had Toal) 

Good luck to BC though - I think they'll rep us well as always just can't see in a win.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I'd like to see BC win but really doubt it.  Grayson is one of those teams that has the kind of defensive speed you just don't see on one team other than in the south and seeing it for the first time is always the hardest.  That said, typically the BNU can outcoach or put in the right playbook because usually these southern teams  tend to blow assignments etc.  although I don't think Grayson is one of them.   

Grayson appears to me to be well coached as well which is scary.  I would personally take a healthy Grayson over Mater Dei because I always lean toward the better defensive team and second better inside running game.  Mater Dei's offense is a think of beauty but what defense has it really seen......and great passing/timing offenses have a habit of looking great until they meet the right defense.   Lol  I haven't seen Grayson play this year so I'm not sure what they even have .....I'm just basing it on what I've seen in prior years. 

Have I seen more talented teams - yes .  Have I seen teams with that level of talent and coaching - I don't think so.....actually some of the George Smith STA would fit that bill but that's about it  (maybe Bosco '11 but that was only on the defensive side of the ball - and to be honest that Bosco '11 defense is just a standard type Grayson or top southern defense (of course they had Toal) 

Good luck to BC though - I think they'll rep us well as always just can't see in a win.  

Somebody get this man Admin status... 

I like his views.... 

No bias no nothing

On offense, grayson employs  the 3 WR sets to one side and they like to get the ball to #16 whos in the middle slot position. He is definitely the Qb's security blanket in the passing game and he runs those 5 yard underneath crossing routes while the other two clear out defenders (simple pitch and catch) than let him do his thing after the completion. On the backside of the 3 WR set is #11 (the AM commit) and he has great size and they like to throw him up jump balls on simple fade routes with the defense favoring the trips side so he's always got 1 on 1 coverage with little safety help. The BC corner will have to win that one on one battle esp against the 9 route. A few times in the 3 WR set the WR closest to the sideline  on outside runs a delayed slant underneath while the other two WRs inside pick the defenders and aren't even looking for the ball.... If Vito I tell the refs to look for the pick plays in that set before the game. When they run the ball MOST of the time the H back takes you play side. The backup RB has more speed more of a home run threat than the kid Thompkins who got hurt. Grayson has elite tackles so the ends will have trouble getting pressure on the edges and  someone must spy the Qb at all times because he can make plays with his feet. If blitzing, I'd do it more up the middle than on the outside. 

on defense..... you have to spread grayson out. Running directly at them is a waste of time. 2 by 2 and 3 by 1 sets  and the o line has to give qb some time. but it will be tough sledding running the ball. Pass more and mix in the run. 65-35 pass/run ratio. quick passing game try and get the ball out of his hands.... if qb doesn't turn ball over and if they can win the turnover margin by 2 or more BC might have a chance. 

the BC punter must get the ball off quick. they blocked a punt for td against tucker and got in there fast. 

• Thanks 1