Don Bosco Prep & SJR transfers

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 hour ago, Zipcep said:

Why are you ALWAYS wrong?

Other than standing on the sideline you're connection to what goes on recently is very limited :$

and you have no connection to the recent past history....I'm wrong?..says you?...ok Softy....tell me how bad bear crawls are again...O.o

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You blame CP, Drummer blames Heuser, HRC blames the Russians ;) 

I still believe what I wrote above is what occurred. I call it the Kevin Wilkins/Jabrill Peppers phenomenon. Kids saw that you could be successful (individually and w team chips) at other programs, while being treated like a human being. 

not being treated like a human being??...wow...you've been hangin' with some soft-ass parents....and I beg to differ...most of Coach Toal's former players LOVE him and RESPECT him and thank him for being "barbaric"...it taught them a lot of life lessons...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Question...If DBP goes 10-2 this season and wins a Chip, what will your excuse be then? The conference was "down?" GT won a state chip with Heuser at the helm. It can be done despite your venom towards the honorable Pres. Talent will always be at Bosco regardless of its administration. 

I'd have to disagree.. u never know if this teel thing Doesn't work out and there's a mass exodus of talent.   Mabe pope john comes out of left field and replaces Bosco 

14 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I'd have to disagree.. u never know if this teel thing Doesn't work out and there's a mass exodus of talent.   Mabe pope john comes out of left field and replaces Bosco 

I think if there was a dip in talent at Bosco the 2 schools that have the most to gain would be BC & Joe's. But even if everything went wrong for Bosco this year the dip would temporary and minor. First, academics come into play here and Bosco & BC are very similar in that regard. But more importantly I think talent goes to where it can get on the field. Bosco's program is still considered in the top tier. One area where I believe the removal of Toal will be pay dividends for the program is on the offensive side of the ball. This is where I think Bosco has suffered over the last several years. Top offensive talent has drifted to the more offensively dynamic teams. I believe this to be true especially at the skill positions. Teel could have a very positive effect in that area.

• Like 3

When you at a school as long as Toal was at Bosco, things are bound to change. No one can argue with the success he had and what he meant to NJ football and high school football on a national level. But no coach can continue at the success rate that Toal had. The league has changed with the rise of PC and now SPP in the same leaugue along with DP. How will Bosco do under Teel? Well we'll have to wait a few years to see. The idea of a 12-0 dominating team on a national level seems far fetched but maybe if the stars align one team can do it although it seems remote right now. Are Teels coaching tactics better than Toals old fashioned? I guess the results will tell us. As they say "there is more than one road to Dublin".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

No excuse,however,10-2 would be great... The talent level since 2011 has gone down,period.....Why,what changed ??  I believe that Heuser is the reason for that talent level decline... Now,if that's not true,so, I was wrong....I talked to Heuser twice, at length at two reunions, plus others and that,for me,is the reason....  Now, who may be dreaming at 10-2 ???? But ?????????

2 words...Social Media

and the fact that he ignored recruiting(unless you are the 2-3 "golden boys"). I dealt with Teel and Sweeney in helping us decide on which school to go to and it worked out just fine

as the saying goes, you sometimes get more with Honey than vinegar

16 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I have very little hair, but social media may have an impact that I did not consider ?? However, after my talks with Heuser,I still have my doubts.. But, like the world, change always takes place and many of those changes I don't like..  But, I can deal with it..

The hair comment was directed at the famous and always wrong DBP66

I'll say this with the limited eras I've seen of DBP.  I never really got to see their 2009 team, but 2010-11 they had a good amount more talent than What I saw in 2012, which had a slight bit more talent than 2014.    Those teams still had some decent talent though.   What I saw in 2016 was shell of what I'd been used to seeing, ESPECIALLY in the trenches.   I'd have to assume talent is a large factor in the decline of success of those teams. 2010-2011>>>>>2012>2014>2016 as far as talent is concerned IMO.   That being said the 2012 and 2014 still played very tough and above their talent level when I saw them, but they never really reloaded after the core group of kids left after the 2011/2012 season, and other BNU teams gained more talent also.

Anyways, that's my outsider's perspective.

18 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

GSB! STOPPPPPP?... Those four losses,with exception,of 20-14 to Moe, were the result of talent decline, period.. "Those barbaric" as you wrongfully call them, were fine from about 2000 and before at the other schools Toal coached at till 2012" when there was a huge drop in talent which started when Peppers left... Then Heuser began his footballer deletion program and  parity manifested.. Nothing got old,rather talent got less.

spot on, drummer, except...GT also got left behind by innovative, younger coaches in the Big North and nationally.  Which is why I said around 2013 that GT should pack it in (and got flamed for it).  But IMHO Heuser had a huge detrimental effect on the program.  Ok, he raised $$$ (probabaly in large measure because of the football program's success before he got there).  But there's no denying he also oversaw the decline of the once-dominant program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zipcep said:

That you are living in the past both in your knowledge of current high school football and hair style

Signed,

Zippy

...LOL..are you a Q-ball Zippy??...you must be...you have a bad case of "hair envy" champ...football knowledge?...what do you know about football Mr. Softee??...bear crawls are bad?...is that the "current" believe in H.S. football....O.o

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'll say this with the limited eras I've seen of DBP.  I never really got to see their 2009 team, but 2010-11 they had a good amount more talent than What I saw in 2012, which had a slight bit more talent than 2014.    Those teams still had some decent talent though.   What I saw in 2016 was shell of what I'd been used to seeing, ESPECIALLY in the trenches.   I'd have to assume talent is a large factor in the decline of success of those teams. 2010-2011>>>>>2012>2014>2016 as far as talent is concerned IMO.   That being said the 2012 and 2014 still played very tough and above their talent level when I saw them, but they never really reloaded after the core group of kids left after the 2011/2012 season, and other BNU teams gained more talent also.

What people don't realize is its not the "stars", but the supporting cast, typically above average players, which has been lacking the past few years (along with a focus on the JV/Freshman teams).

A perfect example is the STA team that came to West Point, plenty of "stars" but below average/average supporting cast

The '16 team was young in the trenches, only one senior(the rest graduated the year before with my son...now that was a D1 oline)

• Like 2

Just now, DBP66 said:

...LOL..are you a Q-ball Zippy??...you must be...you have a bad case of "hair envy" champ...football knowledge?...what do you know about football Mr. Softee??...bear crawls are bad?...is that the "current" believe in H.S. football....O.o

Just go away, you're embarrassing DBP with your_____

Your love of DBP of the past and your hairstyle are why I said "you're living in the past" like the clown in the Seinfeld episode, come to think of it if he didn't have that white face paint...it would give the folks on the board what you look like....:S

10 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Just go away, you're embarrassing DBP with your_____

Your love of DBP of the past and your hairstyle are why I said "you're living in the past" like the clown in the Seinfeld episode, come to think of it if he didn't have that white face paint...it would give the folks on the board what you look like....:S

...BAAlive me Mr. Softee....you're doing more to embarrass the school than I ever did or will....don't worry about this guy "Living in the Past"....me and my hairstyle are just fine...I guess you don't like my hair huh...wow...I should be upset about that??...it's funny the stuff you seem to like to post about...my hair...transgender children...hummm..

...stick to your Seinfeld post....stay away from talking about football....you're killing yourself....:$...and the school....:$

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...BAAlive me Mr. Softee....you're doing more to embarrass the school than I ever did or will....don't worry about this guy "Living in the Past"....me and my hairstyle are just fine...I guess you don't like my hair huh...wow...I should be upset about that??...it's funny the stuff you seem to like to post about...my hair...transgender children...hummm..

...stick to your Seinfeld post....stay away from talking about football....you're killing yourself....:$...and the school....:$

If you say so.....:S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Don't forget that Pepprers transferred in 2012. If Peppers is on the 2012 and 2013 teams you have a different looking Bosco team.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...