The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

Colquitt has been good at handing teams some of their worst losses in years already this year. Handed McEachern their worst losses and this was written in the AJC about the Thomasville game... Worst loss since 1971. Before I was born. xD

Playing an OOS matchup this Friday. I wonder what @Nolebull813 thinks of this match up? Thomasville vs. Everglades 

Thomasville (2-1)
Last week: Lost to Colquitt County 50-3. Thomasville misplayed the first snap of the game, resulting in a safety, and the Bulldogs' night got only worse against the No. 1-ranked team in AAAAAAA. It was Thomasville's most lopsided loss since Valdosta beat the Bulldogs 49-0 in 1971. Next: Friday vs. Everglades, Fla. (0-1)

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm sure there is. Those two are just pretty close together so I brought SFA up. 

I'm guessing that they're both being ranked on potential, what they have done so far and overall power per either eye test, or other methodology being used by all the pollsters... Except USAT. 

Not sure how they rank Rome when they haven't "proved" anything either, and not rank Colquitt, but, rank Grayson whose claim to fame is losing to Bergen that just made their first appearance in the poll. I don't really care either. xD

Sure, you don’t care and neither do I. That’s why we’re here. <wink, wink>

But Rome is the shit, you know this!!!

Bahahaha

BGW

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They might give you a 9th grade jersey and let you sit on the bench on Tuesday nights or whenever the hell the 9th graders play. Hope you're not offended when your number is a duplicate because they know you'll never see the field.

You'd even get free admission to sit in the bleachers on Friday nights as a bonus.

Anything to give a good excuse not to travel! We're taking everyone!

Think McFly! 

You wouldn't even be a mid tier team in CA. 

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I thought the smaller classifications could compete? 

Have you changed your mind about that or is it just certain teams in the smaller classifications that can? 

Not really dangling Thomasville as anything other than a AA school that will make some noise in AA this year. 

No I haven’t changed my mind, I find it hilarious on one hand we’re bush league, then it’s “well shit, it’s Thomasville” and by Gawd they can’t be bush league well because..... you know. 

Make some noise, code for playoffs and everyone gets in!!! Bahahaha 

Oh hells bells, I’m just funning witcha!

BGW

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Probably. Idk that though. 

I do know they got lucky to get a field goal against Colquitt's 2s and 3s. 

I expect that they'll make the playoffs, and likely the semis if not the big show in AA. 

Yeah, I think 2A comes down to Tville, Hapeville Charter, Brooks County, Callaway, and Fitzgerald.

Hapeville Charter is probably the favorite so far.

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No I haven’t changed my mind, I find it hilarious on one hand we’re bush league, then it’s “well shit, it’s Thomasville” and by Gawd they can’t be bush league well because..... you know. 

BGW

I know this bro. Right back atcha! 

I'm ready for the Warner Robins game. 

Any predictions on how that one may go? It's next week, and at Warner Robins home field. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I know this bro. Right back atcha! 

I'm ready for the Warner Robins game. 

Any predictions on how that one may go? It's next week, and at Warner Robins home field. 

W/R gonna running clock y’all so bad by the 3rd. 

Everybody gonna throw in with diving and riflery!!!

Hows that predict, Champ??!!!

BGW

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

W/R gonna running clock y’all so bad by the 3rd. 

Everybody gonna throw in with diving and riflery!!!

Hows that predict, Champ??!!!

BGW

Iffin' the middle GA flavor of the year can pull off that feat, they will have earned themselves a top 10 ranking nationally. Lol

Btw, I'm liking your best impression of Foolsom's #1 cheerleader.

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BGW

Speaking of the smaller class schools, how will Pace Academy fare against Charlotte Christian this weekend? I know they knocked off ELCA then turned around and got thumped by Monroe Area. Which Pace team will show up in Charlotte? 

8 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Speaking of the smaller class schools, how will Pace Academy fare against Charlotte Christian this weekend? I know they knocked off ELCA then turned around and got thumped by Monroe Area. Which Pace team will show up in Charlotte? 

If I was betting with my money, I'd  take Charlotte Christian to win. 

I think that there should be a greater gap between DLS and Folsom at this point in the season.

DLS's offense has improved significantly since Week 0.

I don't have a strong opinion on where DLS should be ranked overall. 17 seems at least as good as where the major publications have them. Better, I'd say. PN has them at 7, which seems too high to me. 

But if DLS is 17, I'd think that Folsom would be at least 28; and I'd expect the gap to increase over the course of the season as DLS's offense improves. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think that there should be a greater gap between DLS and Folsom at this point in the season.

False. As a DLS fan, the two teams played to a near stand still. The rankings reflect such. As fans, we should be fair to our fellow brethren.

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

ut if DLS is 17, I'd think that Folsom would be at least 28

I don't agree. As a DLS fan, we have improved on offense. But, so has Folsom....greatly. I wouldn't want to play them again. No chance.

The rankings are spot on @Omaha Vol Don't let some of our fellow DLS homers sway you because they were a bit shaky after our squeak it out victory over Folsom. Gotta give the dawgs their due!

25 minutes ago, ServiteTier6Irrelevant said:

False. As a DLS fan, the two teams played to a near stand still. The rankings reflect such. As fans, we should be fair to our fellow brethren.

I don't agree. As a DLS fan, we have improved on offense. But, so has Folsom....greatly. I wouldn't want to play them again. No chance.

The rankings are spot on @Omaha Vol Don't let some of our fellow DLS homers sway you because they were a bit shaky after our squeak it out victory over Folsom. Gotta give the dawgs their due!

You've created yet another uninteresting character for the board. 

You're like Sammy's cognitively impaired little brother. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

The one from Jawja! Must you ask?

The nerve of some folks!

BGW

• Haha 1