Pennsylvania has murdered NJ this year...

RedZone

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Some guys I played with at Bosco tell me, "the thrill is gone"😩😩They have a point....

a point for the NFL maybe....probably one reason I still kick around the HS side... 

I always rooted for the Giants since way back in the day sooo…….if you remember those teams...well...I guess I don't always have to win EVERY game 😂

42 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I know, but from 2000-2011 it was awesome.  They rolled.....Prattville, DLS and that Mission Viejo game at Bosco..😎😎😎 Even those teams from 2012-2014 were fun to watch..Beat STA  twice...Oh well......

fun stuff for real 😎

but you can't  expect a run like that to last forever, and being way more than just a couple years.... it's been a loooong ride. 

It sux a bit, but that's way different from losing the thrill.  Dunno, but i probably just watched too many good games to feel too bad about a rebuild season or two.

Look HSFB, this constant "its not about academics" BS from you is ridiculous and quite frankly you sound ignorant.

How many D1 players make the NFL? Is a crowded stadium important, NO...wearing cool gear, NO.....so after 4 years, few go on to the NFL, some find good jobs and some will relive the "glory days" flipping burgers for the next 40 yrs

It may not have worked out for you, but to most parents (and kids with a clue) its all about the EDUCATION

• Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Look HSFB, this constant "its not about academics" BS from you is ridiculous and quite frankly you sound ignorant.

How many D1 players make the NFL? Is a crowded stadium important, NO...wearing cool gear, NO.....so after 4 years, few go on to the NFL, some find good jobs and some will relive the "glory days" flipping burgers for the next 40 yrs

It may not have worked out for you, but to most parents (and kids with a clue) its all about the EDUCATION

If your talk to me at least @ me so I can see the post. I will always stand by my opinion. Nobody gives a damn. No fan in their right mind is rooting on a football team going we have great academics here. It's like rooting for delbarton because they apparently have good academics. Who cares. Were here to watch the best athletes and the best teams. Academics is the reason why vandy Stanford Notre dame etc etc will not see a NC win for a long time. Too many rigors standing in the way. So again your a good guy and a good poster but just @ me and I'll see the post and we can have a conversation 

And yeah playing in front of 100k or more is absolutely cool at the college level. I'm sure you've been to a stadium with 100k fans screaming and cheering all day long 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If your talk to me at least @ me so I can see the post. I will always stand by my opinion. Nobody gives a damn. No fan in their right mind is rooting on a football team going we have great academics here. It's like rooting for delbarton because they apparently have good academics. Who cares. Were here to watch the best athletes and the best teams. Academics is the reason why vandy Stanford Notre dame etc etc will not see a NC win for a long time. Too many rigors standing in the way. So again your a good guy and a good poster but just @ me and I'll see the post and we can have a conversation 

And yeah playing in front of 100k or more is absolutely cool at the college level. I'm sure you've been to a stadium with 100k fans screaming and cheering all day long 

I don't know this @ thing

but to act like playing in front of 100K is great.....I was at the Yale vs Harvard game last year, crowd was like 60K it was a fun atmosphere.

To play in front of 40K less fans and have a $100K+ job at graduation......I'll take the academics

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

but to act like playing in front of 100K is great.....I was at the Yale vs Harvard game last year, crowd was like 60K it was a fun atmosphere.

To play in front of 40K less fans and have a $100K+ job at graduation......I'll take the academics

I would rather play in front of 100k screaming fans and my fellow student body who is out there. Look at the students before the south carolina game. They were in the lawn at least the night before the game. My brother went to ECU a shittu football school he told me fans were coming 3 days before the game. The atmosphere of a big time college game is something you can never forget. 

I was at Georgia Auburn. Nothing so far beats the atmosphere of that game. 8pm game. People were on campus drinking and hanging out by 6am

9 hours ago, Zipcep said:

For what it's worth, this "you must have a college degree" mantra is becoming borderline ridiculous.

This coming from a college graduate.

A college graduate (on average) doesn't earn much more than Joe Blow over the course of a lifetime.

Some of the wealthiest people I know personally either dropped out of college or never went to begin with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zipcep said:

ITo play in front of 40K less fans and have a $100K+ job at graduation......I'll take the academics

I live a 5 minute walk from Lehigh University's Goodman Stadiium and have some "doings" with LU football on the side.  I have season tickets and a pass and wouldn't trade it for the world.  Stadium holds about 20K packed and is a perfect shape for small college football.  

Last week, Villanova v Lehigh drew about 10K on a raining saturday but damn that stadium is rockin' when good shit happens.  I would take 4 years of playing there and a degree from Lehigh or Nova anyday of the week over almost any big time D1 football school and taking a chance of getting lost in the shuffle.  jmo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

For what it's worth, this "you must have a college degree" mantra is becoming borderline ridiculous.

This coming from a college graduate.

A college graduate (on average) doesn't earn much more than Joe Blow over the course of a lifetime.

Some of the wealthiest people I know personally either dropped out of college or never went to begin with.

Companies and people are starting to realize that going to college can be a complete waste of time