MD IMG Pregame Hookup

Gospeeder

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Nothing different than Bergen bosco etc etc 

Good point....I think MD is similar to them but IMG seems over the top.  I don't know much about so shouldn't comment but to the extent it is a "school" that places more emphasis on athletics than academics it would be something I couldn't enjoy watching. ( as I said though - I'm not sure that's the case, more what I've read and heard)  Plus , when you actually have players from multiple states it starts getting ridiculous - at least the parochials typically just farm from a few counties and of course they can play other parochials doing the same thing.  Although someone just told me the majority of IMG players are FL kids but from all over the state 

Point is - I hope MD wins and think they probably will.  IMG reminds me of AAU basketball - a bunch of stars but not much comaraderie.   

32 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Good point....I think MD is similar to them but IMG seems over the top.  I don't know much about so shouldn't comment but to the extent it is a "school" that places more emphasis on athletics than academics it would be something I couldn't enjoy watching. ( as I said though - I'm not sure that's the case, more what I've read and heard)  Plus , when you actually have players from multiple states it starts getting ridiculous - at least the parochials typically just farm from a few counties and of course they can play other parochials doing the same thing.  Although someone just told me the majority of IMG players are FL kids but from all over the state 

Point is - I hope MD wins and think they probably will.  IMG reminds me of AAU basketball - a bunch of stars but not much comaraderie.   

Bosco bergen and esp Joe's has kids from other states most from NY. PC had a kid from queens. 

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Bosco bergen and esp Joe's has kids from other states most from NY. PC had a kid from queens. 

Yea good point.  My friends son was on Bosco '11 - he went through where there top players were from....it was insane - every top player was from a different county and it stretched all the way down to Edison (Caroo)

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Yea good point.  My friends son was on Bosco '11 - he went through where there top players were from....it was insane - every top player was from a different county and it stretched all the way down to Edison (Caroo)

I think Josh McKenzie is from wall. Ran into an woman at the SPP game last week her son commutes to spp from down by east Brunswick I'm pretty sure she said.