Real talk (aka Transparant Tuesday)

Sammyswordsman

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't know why everyone is so upset.  It's like they are married to their individual state narratives, and if someone points out a flaw, the wheels come off their wagons

I dont get that either but I def notice it.  Everyone should be objective to keep integrity on the board but whatever - people are going to be passionate I guess

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Georgia is trending up from last year, in spite of poor showings oos by a couple of back half of the top 10-15 teams. 

Colquitt and Archer are both near their 2014 levels in my opinion. Albeit different styles of play by both teams, their overall strength is probably a lot the same. 

At this point in the season, Colquitt is working with a better defense than their 2014 team, but, a lesser passing attack than then as well. In overall strength it's a wash as the extra defense makes up for not having as quick of a strike in the passing game. (Note: The passing game is very efficient and improving week to week with many young receivers... Next year for the complete maturity of that part of the game, much like the '14/'15 Colquitt teams)

Archer is actually appearing to be working with more offense than they had in 2014, and a good defense yet again. Having the better offense is their obvious improvement from the '14 team. 

Over all it is tough to make a comparison between teams from 4 years ago, but, since that was the gauge Sammy used, there it is. 

Similar at the top between those two years imo. May even end up a rematch of the same teams in the ship. That would be fun and awesome. 

Good info Hawg.  Thanks for being honest  about Archer, and that you would like to see CC passing attack improve a bit this year. 

See guys, this is how we can all pull down the façade and be real with each other.

I call it "Transparant Tuesday". 

Tomorrow you can get back on your State horse.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

I dont get that either but I def notice it.  Everyone should be objective to keep integrity on the board but whatever - people are going to be passionate I guess

Bc he doesn’t know the other states but wants to put out a narrative nonetheless and then offer others thoughts.  Quite arrogant as he is not on point with what’s going on around the country.  He never has been. 

If he truly wanted input offer CA and let others chime in about their state.  

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

OK guys.  It's mid week, so you can take off your home hats and provide your peeps with how you really honestly feel about your state compared to others.

From a Calif standpoint, I am pretty pleased that MD beat IMG.  Actually I am ecstatic.  Deep down, I think everyone else was happy that IMG had their 4 year winning streak broke.  (Except the Texas guys because IMB rolled Desoto in their prime).

Calif is stacked at the top with SJB and MD, but I wouldn't bet on DLS or Cen10, or MV against teams like Carol City, Miami Central, Allen, SJC, hint @Gardensateballer

I honestly feel that Ga is down this year, compared to 2014 when CC and Archer were really good.  I would put CC in the mix with Cen10, MV, SPP, SJC, but the other Ga teams have to many flaws.

I think Ohio is treading water this year with some good but not great teams.  I think Jokes, Folsom, OLU, Jserra would give their top teams all they could handle.

I think Fla is better this year than last.  Trending up.  I'd put the Fla Top 3 right below Stache and possibly = to SJB. 

I think Stache beats SJB this year, twice unless injuries come into play.

So that's my honest take. 

I wanna see the team who can contain Walton's O, with Mookie's kid running the Wild Raida!

And you DO realize a course, that you are comparing our public school powers with the best teams money can buy in Jersey, DELMARVA, South FLAAAWDA, and SoCal?

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What was their record the previous year when they scheduled IMG?

Sammy do u know why they stopped this game - it was great.  I was at this one and remember and how smooth Cali drove the field only to kickoff to this guy  - anyone on kick coverage that was mad probably just laughed a few years later when the guy broke the kick return record in the NFL when he was only a few years older lol.  These games were  loaded with future stars - bring it back! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Bc he doesn’t know the other states but wants to put out a narrative nonetheless and then offer others thoughts.  Quite arrogant as he is not on point with what’s going on around the country.  He never has been. 

If he truly wanted input offer CA and let others chime in about their state.  

OK.  I hear you Horsefly.  I see that you are sincerely trying to be honest with your forum brethren.  Next step is to educate us about Texas this year.  Now be honest.  Spouting spin is not following the format of Transparant Tuesday.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good info Hawg.  Thanks for being honest  about Archer, and that you would like to see CC passing attack improve a bit this year. 

See guys, this is how we can all pull down the façade and be real with each other.

I call it "Transparant Tuesday". 

Tomorrow you can get back on your State horse.

I don't think you took away from my post what the main point was... 

That you are probably wrong about Georgia being down from 2014 level. I think we are looking at very similar years in overall strength at the top. The fact that the teams are different as far as where their power lies doesn't necessarily take away from overall strength at the top. 

I see the year playing out very similar to 2014 in the rankings as well. 

Different Cali teams at the top, but similar offerings from Texas and Georgia. 

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

I wanna see the team who can contain Walton's O, with Mookie's kid running the Wild Raida!

Rab... Rab... Rab.   We don't judge people on Transparant Tuesday, but you can do better than this.  We read this spin on Sunday and Monday, and we chuckled along with you.   We slapped our knees and said, "that doggone Rab", he's such a homer.  God bless him.

But for transparent Tuesday, the goal is to shake off the homer hats and give real talk to your fellows.  You can try again.  Its ok.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That you are probably wrong about Georgia being down from 2014 level. I think we are looking at very similar years in overall strength at the top. The fact that the teams are different as far as where their power lies doesn't necessarily take away from overall strength at the top. 

He musta fergot 2015, when Georgia had four teams in the TOP FORTY!(Mill Crick, Gayson, Area 51, and the Moletree Packers)

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Thank you Hawg.  the goal on Transparant Tuesday is not to judge but to catch someone doing something right, which is why I complimented you on your attempt to promote another team not named "your team".  This was a fine example for others.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't know why everyone is so upset.  It's like they are married to their individual state narratives, and if someone points out a flaw, the wheels come off their wagons

In the case of Georgia, I think that we are being quite objective! The NATIONAL pundits cain't be wrong, when they say that Georgia produces as many athletes as ANYBODY not named Tejas and FLAAAWDA, with a LOT fewer peoples to draw from!

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lmao stick to alcovy trinity and Thomasvile

go back to the 7a Bush League boards

yall not worthy 

You mean, the SAME Thomasville who won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP with William Andrews, ALL PRO with the Falcons, and about a dozen MORE NFLers? 

Just be glad Gayson and Bergen met and not COLQUITT!