Real talk (aka Transparant Tuesday)

Sammyswordsman

OK guys.  It's mid week, so you can take off your home hats and provide your peeps with how you really honestly feel about your state compared to others.

From a Calif standpoint, I am pretty pleased that MD beat IMG.  Actually I am ecstatic.  Deep down, I think everyone else was happy that IMG had their 4 year winning streak broke.  (Except the Texas guys because IMB rolled Desoto in their prime).

Calif is stacked at the top with SJB and MD, but I wouldn't bet on DLS or Cen10, or MV against teams like Carol City, Miami Central, Allen, SJC, hint @Gardensateballer

I honestly feel that Ga is down this year, compared to 2014 when CC and Archer were really good.  I would put CC in the mix with Cen10, MV, SPP, SJC, but the other Ga teams have to many flaws.

I think Ohio is treading water this year with some good but not great teams.  I think Jokes, Folsom, OLU, Jserra would give their top teams all they could handle.

I think Fla is better this year than last.  Trending up.  I'd put the Fla Top 3 right below Stache and possibly = to SJB. 

I think Stache beats SJB this year, twice unless injuries come into play.

So that's my honest take. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Sammy....you know we love ya...but you might wanna listen when I tell ya....Archer is pretty durn good this year.  

Rufus>>

@Sammyswordsman don’t listen to this fraud guru 

Archer couldn’t even beat Milton this year  who lost to Parkview and Roswell lmao 🤣 tell him to go back to the 7a Bush League Board 

real men are at work here

Georgia is trending up from last year, in spite of poor showings oos by a couple of back half of the top 10-15 teams. 

Colquitt and Archer are both near their 2014 levels in my opinion. Albeit different styles of play by both teams, their overall strength is probably a lot the same. 

At this point in the season, Colquitt is working with a better defense than their 2014 team, but, a lesser passing attack than then as well. In overall strength it's a wash as the extra defense makes up for not having as quick of a strike in the passing game. (Note: The passing game is very efficient and improving week to week with many young receivers... Next year for the complete maturity of that part of the game, much like the '14/'15 Colquitt teams)

Archer is actually appearing to be working with more offense than they had in 2014, and a good defense yet again. Having the better offense is their obvious improvement from the '14 team. 

Over all it is tough to make a comparison between teams from 4 years ago, but, since that was the gauge Sammy used, there it is. 

Similar at the top between those two years imo. May even end up a rematch of the same teams in the ship. That would be fun and awesome. 

36 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

OK guys.  It's mid week, so you can take off your home hats and provide your peeps with how you really honestly feel about your state compared to others.

From a Calif standpoint, I am pretty pleased that MD beat IMG.  Actually I am ecstatic.  Deep down, I think everyone else was happy that IMG had their 4 year winning streak broke.  (Except the Texas guys because IMB rolled Desoto in their prime).

Calif is stacked at the top with SJB and MD, but I wouldn't bet on DLS or Cen10, or MV against teams like Carol City, Miami Central, Allen, SJC, hint @Gardensateballer

I honestly feel that Ga is down this year, compared to 2014 when CC and Archer were really good.  I would put CC in the mix with Cen10, MV, SPP, SJC, but the other Ga teams have to many flaws.

I think Ohio is treading water this year with some good but not great teams.  I think Jokes, Folsom, OLU, Jserra would give their top teams all they could handle.

I think Fla is better this year than last.  Trending up.  I'd put the Fla Top 3 right below Stache and possibly = to SJB. 

No  doubt CALI football with your 4 stooges that you mentioned above cleans Mentor, Hoban, PC and Colerain not to mention another team or two . 😆😆

carry on your biased agenda😂

• Like 1

I think we're all underselling Archer too much... 

IDK how or why but they're Offense has gotten scary good and they're Defense is still elite... 

That loss to Milton was just 1st week jitters. If they played again I'd take Archer by a bakers dozen. 

I know Spartanburg isn't all that anymore but to beat them the way they did was scary... 

Then Dominating Buford how they did and Crushing of Norcross... Again... 

Archer 19 Milton 21 

Archer 55 Spartanburg 17

Archer 42 Mill Creek 0

Archer 37 Norcross 0 

Archer 48 Buford 24

Archer never scores that high they're usually average on Offense and stellar on Defense... 

29 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Archer couldn’t even beat Milton this year  who lost to Parkview and Roswell lmao 🤣 tell him to go back to the 7a Bush League Board 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Georgia is trending up from last year, in spite of poor showings oos by a couple of back half of the top 10-15 teams. 

Colquitt and Archer are both near their 2014 levels in my opinion. Albeit different styles of play by both teams, their overall strength is probably a lot the same. 

At this point in the season, Colquitt is working with a better defense than their 2014 team, but, a lesser passing attack than then as well. In overall strength it's a wash as the extra defense makes up for not having as quick of a strike in the passing game. (Note: The passing game is very efficient and improving week to week with many young receivers... Next year for the complete maturity of that part of the game, much like the '14/'15 Colquitt teams)

Archer is actually appearing to be working with more offense than they had in 2014, and a good defense yet again. Having the better offense is their obvious improvement from the '14 team. 

Over all it is tough to make a comparison between teams from 4 years ago, but, since that was the gauge Sammy used, there it is. 

Similar at the top between those two years imo. May even end up a rematch of the same teams in the ship. That would be fun and awesome. 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

IDK how or why but they're Offense has gotten scary good and they're Defense is still elite... 

That loss to Milton was just 1st week jitters. If they played again I'd take Archer by a bakers dozen. 

I know Spartanburg isn't all that anymore but to beat them the way they did was scary... 

Archer 19 Milton 21 

Archer 55 Spartanburg 17

Archer 42 Mill Creek 0

Archer 37 Norcross 0 

Archer 48 Buford 24

Archer never scores that high they're usually average on Offense and stellar on Defense... 

They play Grayson in a few weeks. Should answer all our questions one way or the other.

• Like 2

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Archer 19 Milton 21 

Archer 55 Spartanburg 17

Archer 42 Mill Creek 0

Archer 37 Norcross 0 

Archer 48 Buford 24

I said their offense appears to be better. Similar strength on defense probably. Of course just comparing 2014 to this year's squad. 

Colquitt's offense is a tad off on the passing game at this point. Two reasons: first year starter at qb (kid is tough, smart and accurate though) lack of a monster receiver like Kiel Pollard (however we have a lot of kids that are good and maturing) 

31 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Do you even know anything about the teams you're mocking? 

IDK what's going on with Milton but since we're making fun of losses... 

Tell me how you get blown out 34-7 by SPP... 

You hype them and SJR up so much but SJR lost to AHP 

And BC got blown out by a team who won't travel further than the nose on their coaches face. 

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

No  doubt CALI football with your 4 stooges that you mentioned above cleans Mentor, Hoban, PC and Colerain not to mention another team or two . 😆😆

carry on your biased agenda😂

Yeah they do.  Maybe not as bad as 34-0 but they still win easily.

So much for Real talk from you.  That homer had must be welded on like the Tin man

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Do you even know anything about the teams you're mocking? 

IDK what's going on with Milton but since we're making fun of losses... 

Tell me how you get blown out 34-7 by SPP... 

You hype them and SJR up so much but SJR lost to AHP 

And BC got blown out by a team who won't travel further than the nose on their coaches face. 

I’ve been saying SPP has all the athletes all along... I called the BC upset with St. Peter’s 

so so yeah I do know my shit

i know archer ain’t no top 25 team

ahp is a top 5 FL team and SJR lost because of week one Jitters on a time expiring field goal

Ahp only lost to Carol City  and that team is God

Ohhh

Let me know when archer or the packers play a game in Ireland lmao they don’t travel hahaha

55 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

CA is just totally on another level and I’m talking all teams not just MD and SJB.  Cen10, DLS and MV would kick any team in Texas butt!!

if we were tiering states it would be:

tier 1:  CA

all other states don’t start showing up until tier 3, you gotta separate CA from the rest by at LEAST a tier!

so thats my take after being shown the light.  I’m embarrassed to ever watch TXHSFB again....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

CA is just totally on another level and I’m talking all teams not just MD and SJB.  Cen10, DLS and MV would kick any team in Texas butt!!

if we were tiering states it would be:

tier 1:  CA

.so thats my take after being shown the light.  I’m embarrassed to ever watch TXHSFB again....

This is "real talk".  I expected that you would at least admit that Allen was down compared to past teams.  Guess not.  Still gonna be a homer.   That's ok.  You just aren't ready yet. It takes someone who is secure in their beliefs to tell everyone how they really feel, like I did.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Such a tool you are 

how did you do in the pick em?

loser and that’s a fact 😀😀😀

I spend 10 sec on the pickem.   Honestly never heard of most of the (non Tier elegible) teams that we have to choose from.

Only participate because I am a team player.  Another honest answer from the  only guy on this thread who is being honest with his forum brothers.    How's St. Eds doing ?

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is "real talk".  I expected that you would at least admit that Allen was down compared to past teams.  Guess not.  Still gonna be a homer.   That's ok.  You just aren't ready yet. It takes someone who is secure in their beliefs to tell everyone how they really feel, like I did.

You have no clue about Allen and if they are down or not (they aren’t)  so why get into these silly discussions?    You know it all....

this year’s MD team reminds me of MD teams from the ‘90’s. MD17 was so good that it’s didnt seem like they had to try much. Only real game they had was the 1st Bosco game. Last Friday was great. IMG was bigger, faster and stronger but MD kept fighting and played like a brotherhood. 

I am still stressed out about playing Bosco in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

How dare you not know who the winner Madison Central vs Clinton Mississippi is gonna be

Shame on you @Sammyswordsman

SHAME SHAME SHAME

I know.  Sorry right.  I m a busy guy.   Hardhit has plenty of time on his hands, and he no doubt researches these type of teams and their minutia.  No much big going on in Ohio, and he doesn't contribute any other content to the board.  Sad

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

this year’s MD team reminds me of MD teams from the ‘90’s. MD17 was so good that it’s didnt seem like they had to try much. Only real game they had was the 1st Bosco game. Last Friday was great. IMG was bigger, faster and stronger but MD kept fighting and played like a brotherhood. 

I am still stressed out about playing Bosco in 2 weeks. 

Thank you Eddy for your honesty.  You were secure enough in your team to admit you have doubts.  Thank you for setting an example for the rest of us.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I spend 10 sec on the pickem.   Honestly never heard of most of the (non Tier elegible) teams that we have to choose from.

Only participate because I am a team player.  Another honest answer from the  only guy on this thread who is being honest with his forum brothers.    How's St. Eds doing ?

First , it takes about one minute to fill out the pick em NOT 10 seconds so there you go again Loser

I represent northern Ohio teams. Happen to be that Ed’s won state 3 times since 2010. They lost to Mentor by a missed FG and hail Mary to Cass Tech this year and you know that or should.

Hoban, Mentor, Colerain & PC are some good teams this year 

mock our state and others as you wish😀

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is on point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1