Real talk (aka Transparant Tuesday)

Sammyswordsman

25 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good info Hawg.  Thanks for being honest  about Archer, and that you would like to see CC passing attack improve a bit this year. 

See guys, this is how we can all pull down the façade and be real with each other.

I call it "Transparant Tuesday". 

Tomorrow you can get back on your State horse.

WELL, I for ONE, will be sending Hog Boy a CHRISTMAS CARD(Holiday wishes and salutations for those of the Jewish faith) NOW, if only he'd get that mean lil Donny offin my ASS! He has hurt TWO of my feelings at this writing!😪

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Rab... Rab... Rab.   We don't judge people on Transparant Tuesday, but you can do better than this.  We read this spin on Sunday and Monday, and we chuckled along with you.   We slapped our knees and said, "that doggone Rab", he's such a homer.  God bless him.

But for transparent Tuesday, the goal is to shake off the homer hats and give real talk to your fellows.  You can try again.  Its ok.

LISTEN SLICK, I hafta do this pampering in increments! I was just on the MIZZOU bode a while ago, telling them meme yokles some bullshit about how well they played against JAWJA Saddie! Gimme some more times to think of another happy face topic!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

No  doubt CALI football with your 4 stooges that you mentioned above cleans Mentor, Hoban, PC and Colerain not to mention another team or two . 😆😆

carry on your biased agenda😂

Stooges?!

DLS owns OH.

DLS beat Elder, and in OH, and then didn't even win state.

(That's sarcasm. I'm aware that Elder went 6-4, and one game is one game.)

I hope DLS plays an OH team again. There aren't enough CA-OH games.

EDIT: I just realized Sammy was saying that Folsom etc. would beat Ohio's best.

Listen, he doesn't speak for all the CA guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

OK guys.  It's mid week, so you can take off your home hats and provide your peeps with how you really honestly feel about your state compared to others.

From a Calif standpoint, I am pretty pleased that MD beat IMG.  Actually I am ecstatic.  Deep down, I think everyone else was happy that IMG had their 4 year winning streak broke.  (Except the Texas guys because IMB rolled Desoto in their prime).

Calif is stacked at the top with SJB and MD, but I wouldn't bet on DLS or Cen10, or MV against teams like Carol City, Miami Central, Allen, SJC, hint @Gardensateballer

I honestly feel that Ga is down this year, compared to 2014 when CC and Archer were really good.  I would put CC in the mix with Cen10, MV, SPP, SJC, but the other Ga teams have to many flaws.

I think Ohio is treading water this year with some good but not great teams.  I think Jokes, Folsom, OLU, Jserra would give their top teams all they could handle.

I think Fla is better this year than last.  Trending up.  I'd put the Fla Top 3 right below Stache and possibly = to SJB. 

I think Stache beats SJB this year, twice unless injuries come into play.

So that's my honest take. 

Bravo

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You have no clue about Allen and if they are down or not (they aren’t)  so why get into these silly discussions?    You know it all....

How could anyone outside of Texas have much of a clue about Allen (or some of the other top Texas teams)?  I mean I know they're a great team, but let's be honest no one can honestly say how some of the top Texas teams would fare if they were to travel and play the crazy elite teams from other states.   Who knows?  Texas just doesn't have a lot of connections to the rest of the country this year.   It is what it is.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I still don't think Ga is as down as it may seem though, but I can see why some might think that with the way some of the OOS games have turned out.   Hopefully we get to see Colquitt play a post season game.

I agree. 

Grayson is underachieving, but are as talented as anyone and may pull it together.

Marietta (from what I understand) was missing a lot of players but now has them back and just gave SJC trouble.

Colquitt looks buttoned-up and well-oiled and all that.

Etc.

That's the problem with putting so much weight on OOS games, which almost always take place in the very beginning of the season, and which favor the home team, and which are just 1 game.

We all know from college football, and even from HSFB, that team A can lose to team B in week 2 and then crush them in week 11.

One game doesn't tell us everything about the two teams who played it, let alone the quality of the football played in the states from which the teams come.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

How could anyone outside of Texas have much of a clue about Allen (or some of the other top Texas teams)?  I mean I know their a great team, but let's be honest no one can honestly say how some of the top Texas teams would fare if they were to travel and play the crazy elite teams from other states.   Who knows?  Texas just doesn't have a lot of connections to the rest of the country this year.   It is what it is.    

Plus they don't stream games. So it's hard to get a handle on them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Thank you Hawg.  the goal on Transparant Tuesday is not to judge but to catch someone doing something right, which is why I complimented you on your attempt to promote another team not named "your team".  This was a fine example for others.

You HAFTA be NICE, supporting them watta melon hats and all!

7 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

That's true, but they lost by 1 to Allen in the semifinals.

And we take whatever we can get in these pissing contests, because there really isn't much to go by. 

What a team is in weeks 1-2 is not necessarily the same in week 11-12.  Prior to losing to IMG in week 2 (47-29) they lost to Martin 46-26.  So was Martin a beast in Texas?  Not really, they lost to Allen in the playoffs 36-11.  

BTW Desoto lost to Allen in the 2d round not the semifinals in 2015

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Thank you Eddy for your honesty.  You were secure enough in your team to admit you have doubts.  Thank you for setting an example for the rest of us.

I think DLS and Folsom are #1 and #2 in CA and both will win SBG (DLS by 1; Folsom by 50)

Modesty has prevented me sharing this previously, but if you can’t be real on Tuesday.........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 954gator said:

I still don't think Ga is as down as it may seem though, but I can see why some might think that with the way some of the OOS games have turned out.   Hopefully we get to see Colquitt play a post season game.

I don't see how anyone with football acumen can look at Colquitt and say they aren't at their 2014 level. Their upside is probably better honestly. 

I guess I have to think about who we are talking about here though. Mainly people with agendas and little acumen.