Midterm thread?

HSFBfan

17 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I never said you did. The only advice you ever asked me was about one stock, MPX.

Any other advice I have given is as an older person advising someone who in terms of age could be my child. 

It's not worth it.  He is set in his ways and it's best not to engage any further, irregardless of how much your heart wants to help.   In due time  the school of hard knocks will become his best and only help and teacher since he refuses other peoples help.

1 minute ago, ohio said:

It's not worth it.  He is set in his ways and it's best not to engage any further, irregardless of how much your heart wants to help.   In due time  the school of hard knocks will become his best and only help and teacher since he refuses other peoples help.

I love how you guys talk about me like I dont exist lol.....its quite comical. 

18 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont ask for your help. This is a political football whatever board. We talk about it all. But I dont need anyone help. One more day of shitty work than i can drink. Best days ever 

You are being disingenous with that comment.  As a matter of a fact you you started a whole thread on how your life sucks.  People on here naturally assumed you needed help, so they tried to give you advice.  But you refused it.  If you don't want to hear help or advise from anyone here, don't start threads of about how things suck.

Plus, if you do go to Alabama this New Year, then good luck to you.  Hope you find what you are seeking.

1 minute ago, ohio said:

You are being disingenous with that comment.  As a matter of a fact you you started a whole thread on how your life sucks.  People on here naturally assumed you needed help, so they tried to give you advice.  But you refused it.  If you don't want to hear help or advise from anyone here, don't start threads of about how things suck.

Plus, if you do go to Alabama this New Year, then good luck to you.  Hope you find what you are seeking.

I'm not seeking really much of anything. 

And I asked a simple question in that thread. Job sucks should I quit. Simple yes or no. That's all. Was just curious what people would say. Didn't think 2 months later it would still be brought up. 

I think that's what people are missing. People always assume other people are looking for things like life is this great mystery and were trying to find shit. Life is not a great mystery. You work and you drop dead. In between that drink and watch football. 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I didnt belittle him at all. So what are you talking about 

Fair enough, belittle was too strong a word.  But if someone offers help, its best to say something like, thanks for the offer, but this is something that I have to take care of myself.  This way feelings aren't put into the equation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohio said:

Fair enough, belittle was too strong a word.  But if someone offers help, its best to say something like, thanks for the offer, but this is something that I have to take care of myself.  This way feelings aren't put into the equation.

All I wanted was like a yes sure leave or no dont do. 

But ok yeah that's fine the way you put it. Sometimes I jump very quickly and I get my thoughts out very quickly esp when I feel like I'm being cornered. 

Most people will never understand my outlook on life. They never have. People regard living like it's this amazing thing. It's not. It's the same old boring shit all the time with the occasional fun thrown in. Know what I mean? But it is what it is. I dont want this thread to be about this. I wanted it for midterm news and analysis 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

All I wanted was like a yes sure leave or no dont do. 

But ok yeah that's fine the way you put it. Sometimes I jump very quickly and I get my thoughts out very quickly esp when I feel like I'm being cornered. 

Most people will never understand my outlook on life. They never have. People regard living like it's this amazing thing. It's not. It's the same old boring shit all the time with the occasional fun thrown in. Know what I mean? But it is what it is. I dont want this thread to be about this. I wanted it for midterm news and analysis 

It's all good.  I know what having a shitty job that you don't like feels like.  When I got my ex pregnant in high school I got a job at GE and I didn't mind it too much.  But I got layed off.

I then had to find work fast, so I got a job at Pizza Hut, and I hated every single minute of it.  I even became an assistant manager for higher pay, and then even hated it more.  I couldn't quit, because I had a wife, a son in grade school another son who was two. I even got a job as a part-time  security guard in addition to my Pizza Hut job.  I actually enjoyed, well at least didn't mind the security gig, as there was no boss telling me what to do.  So i quit the Pizza Hut job and became a full time security guard.  And I actually started feeling somewhat happy again.

I sincerly hope things work out for you, maybe you will find something that you don't hate.  Maybe not.  Don't want to give you any advice, just hoping that you find contentment.

1 minute ago, ohio said:

It's all good.  I know what having a shitty job that you don't like feels like.  When I got my ex pregnant in high school I got a job at GE and I didn't mind it too much.  But I got layed off.

I then had to find work fast, so I got a job at Pizza Hut, and I hated every single minute of it.  I even became an assistant manager for higher pay, and then even hated it more.  I couldn't quit, because I had a wife, a son in grade school another son who was two. I even got a job as a part-time  security guard in addition to my Pizza Hut job.  I actually enjoyed, well at least didn't mind the security gig, as there was no boss telling me what to do.  So i quit the Pizza Hut job and became a full time security guard.  And I actually started feeling somewhat happy again.

I sincerly hope things work out for you, maybe you will find something that you don't hate.  Maybe not.  Don't want to give you any advice, just hoping that you find contentment.

Security is a great gig. Did it for about 10 years. Pay stinks. If your in the right company it's good. Other companies treat you like trash. Or the people you work with dont care so they are absolutely no help at all. 

I have worked a lot of jobs in my short life people would say and looking back I think I have been fired from everyone of them except for 2. I get bored extremely easily and extremely fed up. Like the video darter had me watch I made it 8 min into a 20 min video and I turned it off. It never grabbed my attention and i got bored. School is the same shit. Idk how i graduated with my BS and a lot of my friends dont either. I didnt buy textbooks nor notebooks. I didn't even bring a pen. I barely went to class as I had a GF who was my world.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I can't wait until all of us Shy Trumpers make our statement on Tuesday!! 

I'm trying to keep up with all the data. Some states it's easy to find data. Other states not so easy. 

Republicans need to show up in Iowa. I think they will on tuesday.