Hey Devildog

HSFBfan

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I got a question for you

My cousin is active marine corps E-7. I dont get talk to him much but I was curious at that level what kind of responsibilities would he have? 

That's my retirement rank.  He is officially a Gunnery Sergeant commonly referred to by Marines as simply Gunny.  As far as responsibilities he could be anything from a Company Gunnery Sergeant with admin duties along with the OIC running the Company.  Or if he is working within his MOS in my case an MP he would be the Staff Non Commissioned in Charge.  On the Drill field usually the Series Chief DI.  It is the 3rd highest enlisted rank behind 1stSgt and SgtMaj E8 and E9.  

Oh and on the 8th day GOD created us.  Just ask any Marine that served with a Gunny.  

Lee Ermey is a Gunny in Full Metal Jacket

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That's my retirement rank.  He is officially a Gunnery Sergeant commonly referred to by Marines as simply Gunny.  As far as responsibilities he could be anything from a Company Gunnery Sergeant with admin duties along with the OIC running the Company.  Or if he is working within his MOS in my case an MP he would be the Staff Non Commissioned in Charge.  On the Drill field usually the Series Chief DI.  It is the 3rd highest enlisted rank behind 1stSgt and SgtMaj E8 and E9.  

Oh and on the 8th day GOD created us.  Just ask any Marine that served with a Gunny.  

Lee Ermey is a Gunny in Full Metal Jacket

Yes I know Ermey was a gunny. He seemed to have loved his position in the corps. 

I know hes not an MP. Last time I heard he was in Japan. He was headed back to the states and had to turn around and go back to Japan. 

Seems like a great rank to be at

Kinda wonder if he is a hardass on the drill field 

On 11/9/2018 at 12:57 PM, HSFBfan said:

Yes I know Ermey was a gunny. He seemed to have loved his position in the corps. 

I know hes not an MP. Last time I heard he was in Japan. He was headed back to the states and had to turn around and go back to Japan. 

Lee Ermey passed recently.  He actually was a Marine Staff Sergeant and they  promoted him honorary Gunney.  It's a great rank and a great reputation behind it.  Usually any Marine TV figure they always go to the Gunny rank to show a hard ass.  Like Clint Eastwood as Gunny Highway hell even Sgt Carter on Gomer Pyle was a Gun

ea2c5bc6972ecc7e2fb572e62a927132.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Lee Ermey passed recently.  He actually was a Marine Staff Sergeant and the promoted him honorary Gunney.  It's a great rank and a great reputation behind it.  Usually any Marine TV figure they always go to the Gunny rank to show a hard ads.  Like Clint Eastwood as Gunny Highway hell even Sgt Carter on Gomer Pyle was a Gunny.  

ea2c5bc6972ecc7e2fb572e62a927132.jpg

Yep very sad day when the Gunny passed away. Loved everything about him. 

Well than hes doing very well meaning my cousin 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Lee Ermey passed recently.  He actually was a Marine Staff Sergeant and then promoted him honorary Gunney.  It's a great rank and a great reputation behind it.  Usually any Marine TV figure they always go to the Gunny rank to show a hard ads.  Like Clint Eastwood as Gunny Highway hell even Sgt Carter on Gomer Pyle was a Gunny.  

There is a lot of funny videos on THE Gunny.  Check this out as The Gunny visits his Marine Dad on Fathers day.  Marines will get all the references.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is what being a Marine is all about.  Giving Love to the Gunny.  Semper FI Gunny see you on the big Drill Field in the Sky where The Big Gunny in The Sky resides.  Semper Fidelis

I couldn't imagine getting much ass chewed by him. You talk about a professional asschewer. I think he really enjoyed everything about being a DI

On 11/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, HSFBfan said:

I got a question for you

My cousin is active marine corps E-7. I dont get talk to him much but I was curious at that level what kind of responsibilities would he have? 

..you looked like a General yesterday at West Point...good job!...I ended up in a good spot...😉

Here is why I am not all giddy over Politicians they are so full of B.S.  You wingnutz claim a draft dodger loves the Military.  Funny he put that terrible hair over respect for Marine WWI Vets in Bellau Woods a sacred place for U.S. Marines and the place we earned the Title Tueflehnden from the Germans translated as Devildogs for our tenacious fighting them in France

Twitter Pelts Trump With Photos Of Obama In The Rain After He Ditches Cemetery Visit

President dodges trip to honor U.S. war dead in France due to weather. Critics show how another leader behaved.

Critics were stunned that President Donald Trump skipped a visit Saturday to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France – where U.S. war dead were being honored – because of rain. They zapped him with a a series of tweets showing Barack Obama in downpours honoring those who fought in wars in what was bound to be particularly galling to the president.

As many as 1,800 American soldiers killed in the World War I battle of Belleau Wood are buried in the French cemetery. But Trump ditched his planned visit and stayed in his hotel room because of unspecified “scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather,” according to a White House statement. Instead, a delegation led by Chief of Staff John Kelly traveled to the cemetery 50 miles outside of Paris by car. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron were among the world leaders who made the trip.

Churchill's grandson slams Trump for skipping cemetery visit because of weather

Nicholas Soames, a British politician and grandson of Winston Churchill, ripped President Trump on Saturday for canceling a cemetery visit in France due to bad weather.

"They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate @realDonaldTrump couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen," Soames tweeted.

Soames, who is a member of Parliament for Mid Sussex, included a hashtag saying Trump is "not fit to represent his great country."