New Polls (2018-11-12)

dntn31

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

4 team bracket with #1, #2, #5 and #12...oh and the winner for those 3 games gets to play #8...

Image result for california love

It's fairly a given that any SoCal team that beats DLS is going to win the majority of MNCs

The interesting question is what happens if DLS wins......

Let me speculate based on every poll's current position:

• Massey:  DLS likely to win -- they're currently higher here (5th) than any poll and 3 of the 4 teams in front of them are on other side of bracket.  They'll pass IMG if they win out.
  • Calpreps:  DLS appears to have inside track -- currently 9th with #65 and #1 left to play.  A couple of spoiler potentials -- SFA is currently #3 (I have to keep thinking that CP won't award MNC to a team with zero top 2,000 wins) and SJP, which is 7th and I think would be passed.
  • HSFBA:  Likely to go w/ Allen again; If Allen loses, there is a better chance that for CQ if they win out (from #4) than Northshore if they win out (from #10).  DLS @ #7 definitely still in play if they win.
  • Maxpreps:  Also looks likely to go w/ Allen (#2) w/ Carol City next in line.  DLS, CQ, and Northshore would probably need to jump too many teams in a human poll at this point.
  • Prepforce:  I'd hope it would be Carol City who he has #2.  He also has Allen at #5.  He has DLS lower than anyone at #17.  Here's got several teams with blemishes (i.e. MC, SJC, and STA -- not even counting MD and IMG who I'd also give a pass for their blemishes) ahead of several undefeated contenders like DLS, CQ, or CC -- he could very well have a team with a loss as his MNC if none of SJB, Carol City, nor Allen finish clean
  • USAT:  the ultimate inheritance poll will go with Allen and if they're not clean, they'd likely not change order for #5 SFA and #6 DLS 
  • Prepforce:  Carol City #2 and CQ #3 sitting pretty and DLS far enough back (#10) to be unlikely to pass regardless of SBG.

So, if SSD1 champ wins Open, they're likely to be MNC in every poll (Oaks wouldn't be unanimous but I think they're < 1% to win and MD winning would certainly keep door open for a team like Carol City).

If DLS wins, you'll likely see some combination of DLS, CQ, Carol City, and Allen -- see Northshore a bit like Pearland in 2010, they're just coming from too far back at this point;  I hope SFA doesn't gain that distinction for their record this year.  

Just because I've been following along with them all season and enjoying Chris Lawlor's write-ups.

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/playoff-fever-california-florida-to-host-ginormous-games-no-19-longview-tx-no-25-john-curtis-christian-la-enter-blue-star-media-elite-25-football-rankings/

BLUE STAR MEDIA ELITE 25 FOOTBALL RANKINGS, NOV. 13, 2018

1. ST. JOHN BOSCO, BELLFLOWER, CALIF. (12-0)

Previous rank: 1.

Recap: Defeated San Clemente, 56-6, in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 quarterfinals. Junior QB DJ Uiagalelei tossed two touchdown passes and sophomore Jode McDuffie returned a punt 76 yards for a score.

Next: Friday vs. No. 22 Oaks Christian School (Westlake Village) in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 semifinals.

2. ALLEN, TEXAS (10-0)

Previous: 2.

Recap: Defeated Plano West, 63-7. The Eagles scored on six of its first-half possessions and have now won 65 straight regular season games.

Next: Friday vs. Rowlett in the Class 6A, Division I bi-district playoff

3. MATER DEI, SANTA ANA, CALIF. (10-2) #

Previous: 3.

Recap: Defeated Mission Viejo, 56-17, in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 quarterfinals. The Monarchs trailed early but poured it on in the third quarter. They have a marquee at home this weekend.

Next: Friday vs. No. 6 Corona (Calif.) Centennial in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 semifinals.

4. CAROL CITY, MIAMI GARDENS, FLA. (9-2) @

Previous: 4.

Recap: Defeated Norland (Miami), 34-0, in the Class 6A, Region 4 quarterfinals. The Chiefs secured their fourth official shutout of the term.

Next: Friday at No. 12 Central (Miami) in the Region 4 semifinals.

5. COLQUITT COUNTY, NORMAN PARK, GA. (11-0)

Previous: 5.

Recap: Crushed Etowah (Woodstock), 34-5, in the Class AAAAAAA first round.

Next: Friday vs. McEachern (Powder Springs) in the Class AAAAAAA second round.

6. CORONA (CALIF.) CENTENNIAL (12-0)

Previous: 7.

Recap: Defeated Rancho Cucamonga, 58-20, in the CIF-Southern Section, Division 1 quarterfinals. The Wolves scored on their first seven possessions. Carter Freedland and Thomas Kinslow ran for two TDs apiece. And now the moment of truth that could define a season is within touching distance for the Inland Empire power.

Next: Friday at No. 3 Mater Dei (Santa Ana) in the CIF-Southern Section Division 1 semifinals.

7. DE LA SALLE, CONCORD, CALIF. (11-0)

Previous: 8.

Recap: Shut out Pittsburg, 38-0, in CIF-North Coast Section Open Division semifinals.

Next: Nov. 23 or 24 vs. Liberty (Brentwood) or Clayton Valley Charter (Concord) in the CIF-North Coast Section Open Division final.

8. WARREN CENTRAL, INDIANAPOLIS (12-0)

Previous: 9.

Recap: Defeated North Central (Indianapolis), 42-32, in the Class 6A regionals. RB Romeir Elliott ran for 242 yards and four TDs, including on from 43 yards in the final two minutes to seal it. QB Jayden George hit on 13 of 24 passes for 251 yards and a score.

Next: Friday vs. Center Grove in the Class 6A Semistate.

9. ST. FRANCES ACADEMY, BALTIMORE (8-0)

Previous: 10.

Recap: The Panthers were awarded a forfeit win from COP Academy (Columbus, Ohio).

Next: Friday vs. West Toronto Prep (Ontario, Canada).

10. IMG ACADEMY, BRADENTON, FLA. (7-1)

Previous: 11.

Recap: The Ascenders do not compete for a state championship. Season complete.

11. ST. JOHN’S COLLEGE, WASHINGTON, D.C. (9-1)

Previous: 6.

Recap: Upset by Gonzaga (Washington), 24-14, in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference semifinals. Season complete.

12. CENTRAL, MIAMI (9-2)

Previous: 12.

Recap: Defeated Dillard (Fort Lauderdale), 35-20, in the Class 6A, Region 4 quarterfinals. Now it is “show time” in the regional semifinals. Easily the nation’s top matchup this weekend and shame it’s so early in the playoffs.

Next: Friday vs. No. 4 Carol City (Miami Gardens, Fla.) in the Region 4 semifinals.

13. ST. THOMAS AQUINAS, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (10-1)

Previous: 13.

Recap: Overwhelmed South Miami, 77-20, in the Class 7A, Region 4 quarterfinals.

Next: Friday vs. Fort Lauderdale High in the Region 4 semifinals.

14. ROME, GA. (11-0)

Previous: 14.

Recap: Routed Jackson (Atlanta), 62-14, in the Class AAAAA first round. North Carolina State-bound RB Jamious Griffin scored the Wolves’ first four TDs—all on the ground.

Next: Friday vs. Cedar Shoals (Athens) in the Class AAAAA second round

15. SAINT LOUIS, HONOLULU (9-0)

Previous: 15.

Recap: Idle. The Crusaders are two wins from a state championship.

Next: Friday vs. Kahuku in Hawaii Open Division semifinals.

16. DUTCH FORK, IRMO, S.C. (9-0)

Previous: 17.

Recap: Blanked South Florence (Florence), 54-0, in the Class AAAAA Upper State first round.

Next: Friday vs. West Ashley (Charleston) in the second round.

17. COLERAIN, CINCINNATI (12-0)

Previous: 18.

Recap: Defeated Milford in Division I, Region 4 semifinals. The defense manufactured three consecutive pick-sixes in the first half by Ivan Pace, Jr. (from 44 yards), Jakari Patterson (100 yards) and Syncere Jones (38 yards) to ice the win.

Next: Friday vs. Elder (Cincinnati) in the Region 4 final

18. ST. JOSEPH’S PREP, PHILADELPHIA (9-0)

Previous: 19.

Recap: Defeated La Salle College (Wyndmoor, Pa.), 23-13, in the Class AAAAAA Catholic League final. The Hawks pocket their third straight league title.

Next: Saturday at Northeast (Philadelphia) in the Class AAAAAA, District 12 final

19. LONGVIEW, TEXAS (10-0)

Previous: Not ranked.

Recap: Defeated Mesquite, 55-24, in the regular season finale. The Lobos scored the final five TDs and won the outright District 5-6A district title. Keilyn Williams and Jessie Anderson rushed for two TDs apiece.

Next: Friday vs. Copperas Cove in the Class 6A Division II bi-district playoff.

20. BERGEN CATHOLIC, ORADELL, N.J. (9-1)

Previous: 20.

Recap: Defeated Seton Hall Prep (West Orange), 42-6, in Non-Public Group 4 quarterfinals.

Next: Saturday vs. Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey) in the Non-Public Group 4 semifinals

21. CONVERSE (TEXAS) JUDSON (9-0)

Previous: 21.

Recap: Defeated Clemens (Schertz), 49-7. RB Sincere McCormick rushed for 141 yards and scored three TDs and QB Mike Chandler tossed two for two scores. The regular season is over and the Rockets are off to the playoffs.
Next: Friday vs. Hays (Buda) in the Class 6A, Division I bi-district playoff.

22. OAKS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CALIF. (12-0)

Previous: 22.

Recap: Stopped then-No. 25 JSerra Catholic (San Juan Capistrano), 35-34, in CIF-Southern Section Division 1 quarterfinals. Garth White booted a 26-yard field goal with 26 seconds left to provide the winning points.

Next: Friday vs. No. 1 St. John Bosco in the CIF-Southern Section, Division 1 semifinals.

23. CENTENNIAL, PEORIA, ARIZ. (12-0)

Previous: 23.

Recap: Defeated Cienega (Vail), 55-7, in the 5A quarterfinals.

Next: Friday vs. Highley (Gilbert) in the 5A semifinals to be played at Willow Canyon High School in Surprise.

24. CHANDLER, ARIZ. (11-1)

Previous: 24.

Recap: Defeated Mountain Pointe (Phoenix), 49-21, in the 6A quarterfinals. RB DeCarlos Brooks ran for six TDs for the two-time defending state champion Wolves.

Next: Friday vs. Highland (Gilbert) in the 6A semifinals to be played at Hamilton High School in Chandler.

25. JOHN CURTIS CHRISTIAN, RIVER RIDGE, LA. (10-0)

Previous: Not ranked.

Recap: Idle. The top-seeded Patriots received a bye to the quarterfinals after capturing the district title.

Next: Friday vs. Jesuit (New Orleans) in Division 1 quarterfinals.

Dropped: No.  16 North Shore (Galena Park, Texas) and No. 25 JSerra Catholic (San Juan Capistrano, Calif.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

^what happened to drop North Shore.?

Also does Cen10 go by the wolves? .....or is that a case of the writer trying to guess the mascot by looking at the logo.

I have no clue why North Shore dropped. I assume they were more impressed with others at this point? Idk. 

I have seen a few mistakes like that along the way through the year in the team write-ups in the poll. Hoping they'll get better on that stuff. I ignore those mistakes about like I ignore the double posts and what not at Max Preps. 

This is the part of the writing that I've enjoyed week to week...

BENSALEM, Pa. – Now comes the fun part of the Blue Star Media Elite 25 high school football rankings: Playoffs.

The season is reaching the nitty-gritty portion as the state champions will start popping up weekly and playoff is spreading wildly with the exception of Alaska, which conducted its state championships last month.

Texas is the final state to join the postseason bash and will kick off six weeks of mayhem this weekend. The UIL won’t conclude their state championships until the weekend of Dec. 20-22 in Arlington, Texas. This week Wisconsin, Utah, Iowa and the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference will hold championship games. Then each weekend a host of states will follow suit. We’ll keep you informed on all the relevant happenings as they pertain to the Elite 25 rankings.

This weekend playoff games in south Florida and southern California will have an impact on the Elite 25. That’s guaranteed!

We also have two additions to the Elite 25 and both are from the powerful Southland Region.

No. 19 Longview (Texas) concluded a perfect regular season and won the outright District 5-6A title. The Lobos host a first-round playoff game on Friday in Class 6A, Division II.

No. 25 John Curtis Christian (River Ridge, La.) also went 10-0 in the regular season and is the No. 1 seed in Louisiana Division 1 (the large private school bracket). The Patriots received a bye to the quarterfinals, where they play Jesuit (New Orleans) on Friday.

The Blue Star Media Elite 25 football rankings will return on November 20. Keep those affected by the recent wildfires throughout California in your thoughts and prayers. There’s a lot of heartache in communities especially in northern California.

Remember the clock is ticking in your state so make sure to get out to game before time runs out on another season. Hope to see you at a game soon. – Christopher Lawlor

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pops said:

The interesting question is what happens if DLS wins......

Let me speculate based on every poll's current position:

• Massey:  DLS likely to win -- they're currently higher here (5th) than any poll and 3 of the 4 teams in front of them are on other side of bracket.  They'll pass IMG if they win out.
  • Calpreps:  DLS appears to have inside track -- currently 9th with #65 and #1 left to play.  A couple of spoiler potentials -- SFA is currently #3 (I have to keep thinking that CP won't award MNC to a team with zero top 2,000 wins) and SJP, which is 7th and I think would be passed.
  • HSFBA:  Likely to go w/ Allen again; If Allen loses, there is a better chance that for CQ if they win out (from #4) than Northshore if they win out (from #10).  DLS @ #7 definitely still in play if they win.
  • Maxpreps:  Also looks likely to go w/ Allen (#2) w/ Carol City next in line.  DLS, CQ, and Northshore would probably need to jump too many teams in a human poll at this point.
  • Prepforce:  I'd hope it would be Carol City who he has #2.  He also has Allen at #5.  He has DLS lower than anyone at #17.  Here's got several teams with blemishes (i.e. MC, SJC, and STA -- not even counting MD and IMG who I'd also give a pass for their blemishes) ahead of several undefeated contenders like DLS, CQ, or CC -- he could very well have a team with a loss as his MNC if none of SJB, Carol City, nor Allen finish clean
  • USAT:  the ultimate inheritance poll will go with Allen and if they're not clean, they'd likely not change order for #5 SFA and #6 DLS 
  • Prepforce:  Carol City #2 and CQ #3 sitting pretty and DLS far enough back (#10) to be unlikely to pass regardless of SBG.

You're probably right about the computer ratings which says way more about their obvious overrating of California teams than it does about how good DLS is.

They have no chance in the human polls which is the correct outcome.

And I wouldn't call it interesting by any means. Well, I wouldn't call  it interesting to anybody who's not a DLS sycophant. It's a boring, recycled topic that gets brought up every time DLS is undefeated this late into a sason (and even one time when they had a loss, 2015).

Unless the interested parties are willing to admit that California is hopelessly overrated by the algorithms then it's definitely not interesting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They refuse to move Colerain off 25....🤷‍♂️ Maybe if we can win 2 more we inch up a spot or two.  You would think Top 20 is reasonable for the Ohio D1 champion...even in a down year?

-93CardinalsFan

• Like 1

• dntn31 unpinned this topic