College football playoffs

HSFBfan

15 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

ND will be an 8 point dog or so to clemson but they will compete better than expected. 

They might even win. Clemson is great against the run on defense, but give up plays in the passing game. 

I'm also not sold on Lawrence against an opponent he wont' have all day to throw the ball against. 

34 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ian book hasn't played a front 4 like clemson at all

Clemson hasn't seen a defense like ND's at all this season.  Pittsburgh threw a junk defense at ND that worked for 2 and a half quarters.  Clemson will see it next week.  Pitt has some solid coaching and that ACC championship game will be close.

Just now, nptb17 said:

Clemson hasn't seen a defense like ND's at all this season.  Pittsburgh threw a junk defense at ND that worked for 2 and a half quarters.  Clemson will see it next week.  Pitt has some solid coaching and that ACC championship game will be close.

I'm not up to next week so I have to dive into the clemson pitt game 

ND defense yea will be the best defense clemson has seen all year. But remember clemson has guys on that team who lined up against alabama. Nd is not going to scare them. It may be close but clemson should win

1 hour ago, Prog8r said:

ND looks great.

They also looked great a few years ago and got raped by BAMA. 

That's pretty much all I can see happening again.

ND played Bama almost 7 years ago.  Also Bama was the only team using deer antler spray in 2012.  ND immediately incorporated that in their diet the next year.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm not up to next week so I have to dive into the clemson pitt game 

ND defense yea will be the best defense clemson has seen all year. But remember clemson has guys on that team who lined up against alabama. Nd is not going to scare them. It may be close but clemson should win

Last year is last year.  That has nothing to do with anything.  A lot of folks have been expecting ND to lose at some point and time this season because that is what they have done previous season.  The last time ND and Clemson faced off, ND had them and that was with Watson running the show.  Watson didn't even throw for 100 yards.   

ND is going to come at Lawrence worse than Pittsburgh is about to.

Just now, nptb17 said:

Last year is last year.  That has nothing to do with anything.  A lot of folks have been expecting ND to lose at some point and time this season because that is what they have done previous season.  The last time ND and Clemson faced off, ND had them and that was with Watson running the show.  Watson didn't even throw for 100 yards.   

ND is going to come at Lawrence worse than Pittsburgh is about to.

I've been one of those people I thought Michigan or NW would get them. Neither was able too. Is Pitt that good?? Didnt they lose their first like 3 games. 

Nd impressed me by basically shutting out cuse who should have beat clemson. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I've been one of those people I thought Michigan or NW would get them. Neither was able too. Is Pitt that good?? Didnt they lose their first like 3 games. 

Nd impressed me by basically shutting out cuse who should have beat clemson. 

Pittsburgh has coaches that actually have game plans for certain opponents.  There game plan for ND's offense was very good.  On offense they bled the clock and was able to sustain drives but didn't get points, which is why ND was able to get the win without having to look desperate.  Once ND got the lead, I never was worried that Pittsburgh was going to take the game back over.

The first few games you can only rely on the film from the previous season.  They were decent in the first half against Penn St before getting smoked and UCF jumped on them early.

Just now, nptb17 said:

Pittsburgh has coaches that actually have game plans for certain opponents.  There game plan for ND's offense was very good.  On offense they bled the clock and was able to sustain drives but didn't get points, which is why ND was able to get the win without having to look desperate.  Once ND got the lead, I never was worried that Pittsburgh was going to take the game back over.

The first few games you can only rely on the film from the previous season.  They were decent in the first half against Penn St before getting smoked and UCF jumped on them early.

Itll be interesting....if pitt beats Clemson will Clemson even make the final four. Their schedule is not great clemson. Best win is TAMU on the road by 2. 

Notre dame doesnt have to worry since they will be home championship weekend likely at 12-0. 

Can Ohio state beat Michigan. I dont think so if they play like they did against maryland. So Michigan should get in. 

Than the iron bowl....if somehow Auburn beats bama and its btw bama or clemsom to get in at 4...whose in? 

Is Pitt an automatic in if they win the acc championship 

6 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The B1G probably shouldn't have a team in the bracket this year...they're just not that good. Michigan will get torched just as badly as OSU would. 

I'd be fine with the Big12 winner getting the spot, no matter who it is. 

That was my initial question...Ohio state or oklahoma....I leaned towards Oklahoma 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Itll be interesting....if pitt beats Clemson will Clemson even make the final four. Their schedule is not great clemson. Best win is TAMU on the road by 2. 

Notre dame doesnt have to worry since they will be home championship weekend likely at 12-0. 

Can Ohio state beat Michigan. I dont think so if they play like they did against maryland. So Michigan should get in. 

Than the iron bowl....if somehow Auburn beats bama and its btw bama or clemsom to get in at 4...whose in? 

Is Pitt an automatic in if they win the acc championship 

Alabama is definitely getting in before Clemson.  ACC is a average conference this season.  SEC has been the best conference this season.  Pitt and Auburn are about equal but Bama has too many solid wins to get past by Clemson in your scenarios.  

Just now, nptb17 said:

Alabama is definitely getting in before Clemson.  ACC is a average conference this season.  SEC has been the best conference this season.  Pitt and Auburn are about equal but Bama has too many solid wins to get past by Clemson in your scenarios.  

Sec has been the best conference for the last decade. 

So do you put Pitt in if they beat Clemson for the acc championship even if they have 3-4 losses?

I'm gonna guess the pac 12 is out. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Sec has been the best conference for the last decade. 

So do you put Pitt in if they beat Clemson for the acc championship even if they have 3-4 losses?

I'm gonna guess the pac 12 is out. 

Come on now.  Pitt has no shot.  SEC hasn't been the best conference the last decade despite what ESPN want us to believe.  SEC has sat in their region and said we're the best but there are really only been 2 or 3 good teams in the conference most years.  A couple of years, the PAC 12 was really strong but no one game them love because they are on the left coast.  The previous two seasons, I would say that the BIG was the best conference.  Some of the seasons, the SEC was the best conference.

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Come on now.  Pitt has no shot.  SEC hasn't been the best conference the last decade despite what ESPN want us to believe.  SEC has sat in their region and said we're the best but there are really only been 2 or 3 good teams in the conference most years.  A couple of years, the PAC 12 was really strong but no one game them love because they are on the left coast.  The previous two seasons, I would say that the BIG was the best conference.  Some of the seasons, the SEC was the best conference.

The last 2 times the big ten got into the playoffs they scored a grand total of 0 points. That's not a good representation of the best conference at all. 

The big ten is a competitive conference no doubt and is getting deeper but when it comes to competiting in the playoffs outside of Ohio state they dont compete. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The last 2 times the big ten got into the playoffs they scored a grand total of 0 points. That's not a good representation of the best conference at all. 

The big ten is a competitive conference no doubt and is getting deeper but when it comes to competiting in the playoffs outside of Ohio state they dont compete. 

One team doesn't equal the whole conference.  One of those times the Conference Champion wasn't even in the playoffs.  Make it make sense.  The first playoff year, I argued that the PAC was the best conference.  

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Also Alabama got lucky that somehow Michigan St jumped Oklahoma or Saban would have been whining about Oklahoma's offense.  That was the weakest move the committee has made.  MSU went from 5th to 3rd giving Alabama the best match up.

5 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Also Alabama got lucky that somehow Michigan St jumped Oklahoma or Saban would have been whining about Oklahoma's offense.  That was the weakest move the committee has made.  MSU went from 5th to 3rd giving Alabama the best match up.

I was hoping Oklahoma would beat Georgia last year so we could see what Oklahoma could do vs an elite defense but oklahoka was literally run over in the 2nd half against Georgia. 

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

One team doesn't equal the whole conference.  One of those times the Conference Champion wasn't even in the playoffs.  Make it make sense.  The first playoff year, I argued that the PAC was the best conference.  

What year was that? I dont remember

Dont forget LSU has 2 NC since 2003. Alabama has won 6. No other conference has won multiple NC in that span. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What year was that? I dont remember

Dont forget LSU has 2 NC since 2003. Alabama has won 6. No other conference has won multiple NC in that span. 

So what

UF has 2 National titles since 2000

Both LSU and UF aren't sniffing that level lately,  BAMA is what has kept SEC relevant lately

But then again most of the conferences aren't very strong anyway so you only need 1 or 2 solid teams to look good 

But I lost interest in the season after watching bama vs LSU because i realized at that moment this year is just another bama title and the rest of games mean very little 

At least NFL has some mystery left this year, College Football gotten too predictable 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So what

UF has 2 National titles since 2000

Both LSU and UF aren't sniffing that level lately,  BAMA is what has kept SEC relevant lately

But then again most of the conferences aren't very strong anyway so you only need 1 or 2 solid teams to look good 

But I lost interest in the season after watching bama vs LSU because i realized at that moment this year is just another bama title and the rest of games mean very little 

At least NFL has some mystery left this year, College Football gotten too predictable 

I have no interest in watching the nfl. I watched about 4 minutes of that game last night and turned it off. 

I could watch hours of college football and never be bored with it. 

Florida had a good season this year. Beat LSU. Lost to a top 15 kentucky team which yea I still consider a bad loss but Florida going forward is going to be good. The sec this year is 4-5 deep. Georgia alabama miss state LSU florida kentucky all ranked. The problems looks like the power of the conference is flipping where the SEC east might be getting better than the sec west. 

LSU had a great season. Had some very good wins. Orgeron did a great job with that team this year. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have no interest in watching the nfl. I watched about 4 minutes of that game last night and turned it off. 

Florida had a good season this year. Beat LSU. Lost to a top 15 kentucky team which yea I still consider a bad loss but Florida going forward is going to be good. The sec this year is 4-5 deep. Georgia alabama miss state LSU florida kentucky all ranked. The problems looks like the power of the conference is flipping where the SEC east might be getting better than the sec west. 

LSU had a great season. Had some very good wins. Orgeron did a great job with that team this year. 

I guess you can live with announcers who talk like they are selling insurance more than broadcasting a game and having a very predictable group of same teams being good every year and having nothing interesting happen 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Only way LSU ever becomes a threat again is bama dropping off after saban retires,  they will never be good enough to beat bama while he is there until they stop recruiting stars and start recruiting studs

And UF won't ever hit it's old form until they recruit FL better,  Mullen off to good start but he needs to continue to recruit FL smart if they intend to complete