Folsom Rumor

BraceFace69

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Except that Jokes actually beat a relevant team 

Who?

Chaminade? — they would have lost to Folsom by 70 if the starters had played the whole first half

the 3rd place Trinity team they beat the week before without their best player?  Who’d they beat?  Their relevance is based on who they lost to

Liberty = Oaks with a better QB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excuse thread material

It must really  suck for you, having no horse in the race anymore, only trolling and piggybacking off of other winners. Maybe Servite will come back from the abyss one day, and then you won't have to sit around all day throwing inflammatory accusations  against people who have something viable to discuss. You really have nothing to discuss anymore, do you Sammy, or should I say Exocet, or whatever troll alias you want to go by.  I noticed you are near or at the bottom when it comes to the Pick'ems, which shows you have very little skill in handicapping. A shame.

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not a chance.  Jokes has a better Defense, QB and RB.  Jokes wins by 2+ scores.  Exactly why Jokes is ranked much higher across all polls.

Liberty = Villa Park...maybe

assume you are unaware Liberty has the #3 QB in country 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/jay-butterfield-25872

Tell me about the Oaks Guy — I couldn’t find him at rivals 

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

It must really  suck for you, having no horse in the race anymore, only trolling and piggybacking off of other winners. Maybe Servite will come back from the abyss one day, and then you won't have to sit around all day throwing inflammatory accusations  against people who have something viable to discuss. You really have nothing to discuss anymore, do you Sammy, or should I say Exocet, or whatever troll alias you want to go by.  I noticed you are near or at the bottom when it comes to the Pick'ems, which shows you have very little skill in handicapping. A shame.

My team lost in the semi's and had a great season.  My league has two teams in the finals, and the Tiers keep me and the interns with plenty of work on the weekends.

What exactly do you have to discuss that is viable?  Mayb'e you should figure out how to import an avatar first. 

I missed a couple weeks on the pickum due to family responsibilites, but otherwise dutifully send in my picks when I can to support the pick em and be a good sport.

Sorry my situation is such a disappointment to you.

1 minute ago, Pops said:

assume you are unaware Liberty has the #3 QB in country 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/jay-butterfield-25872

Tell me about the Oaks Guy — I couldn’t find him at rivals 

LOL the Liberty QB would not even be #3 in the Trinity League.  If your guy ends up at USC, maybe I'll pay attention.

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I think that DLS, despite the huge layoff, is going to turn some heads in the SBG. I think they’ll just throw it out there and live or die by some “new” scheme that MD nor the Braves aren’t expecting. I’m confident it’s not going to be dive, counter, trap all game. I’m confident that he coaching staff realizes that MD/SJB have just too much athleticism to try and veer them to death. I expect Hale to throw 15-20 times in this game. Might be a game where he holds on to the ball more on keepers. Reverses. Bubbles to Hearns. Slants to Daley. THEN veer them to death when he box isn’t being stacked.42-28 Bosco is my prediction 

That’s my prediction at least. 

Serious question @Blueliner.  How much over the past two weeks has DLS even been able to practice?  Timing and practice is essential to everything they do, and there were times when we had the worst air in the world, so practicing outside would probably have been worse than not practicing...

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

My team lost in the semi's and had a great season.  My league has two teams in the finals, and the Tiers keep me and the interns with plenty of work on the weekends.

What exactly do you have to discuss that is viable?  Mayb'e you should figure out how to import an avatar first. 

I missed a couple weeks on the pickum due to family responsibilites, but otherwise dutifully send in my picks when I can to support the pick em and be a good sport.

Sorry my situation is such a disappointment to you.

You situation has no meaning to me whatsoever. My thing with you is that all I see is you throwing your negative critical darts at everyone, trying to live off of MD, SJB, or any other socal team, but really having no team of your own. Your arrogant, and you really have nothing to be arrogant about. All you have to do is look at Block,  and it is like seeing a mirror image of yourself, except maybe being your not as obvious. Talking about getting an avatar above, or demanding that I give you a name of an assistant coach in another thread we debated in, is just a deflection from the real discussion  that exists. When it comes to football matters, you really are not that knowlegeable, and when it comes to a point where you can't debate any further, you just deflect and use your alias, name calling, little irritating remarks etc. Try scaling it back a little instead of always trying to inject your little irritant put down remarks, or at least debate it with some facts.

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL the Liberty QB would not even be #3 in the Trinity League.  If your guy ends up at USC, maybe I'll pay attention.

Lets review 

1). Sammy asserts that Oaks has better QB than Liberty 

2). Pops says Liberty has #3 QB in country per rivals and that he can’t find Oaks QB

3). Sammy says the #3 QB in country wouldn’t even be the #3 QB in the Trinity League (of which Oaks is not a member)

so do you concede Liberty = Oaks with a better QB

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

You situation has no meaning to me whatsoever. My thing with you is that all I see is you throwing your negative critical darts at everyone, trying to live off of MD, SJB, or any other socal team, but really having no team of your own. Your arrogant, and you really have nothing to be arrogant about. All you have to do is look at Block,  and it is like seeing a mirror image of yourself, except maybe being your not as obvious. Talking about getting an avatar above, or demanding that I give you a name of an assistant coach in another thread we debated in, is just a deflection from the real discussion  that exists. When it comes to football matters, you really are not that knowlegeable, and when it comes to a point where you can't debate any further, you just deflect and use your alias, name calling, little irritating remarks etc. Try scaling it back a little instead of always trying to inject your little irritant put down remarks, or at least debate it with some facts.

I don't know what you mean by "little irritant remarks".  Maybe people would respect or care what your take is, if your screen name was something other than CaliNorth.

I toy with rookies like you. It amuses me while I'm driving content via compelling threads.

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Lets review 

1). Sammy asserts that Oaks has better QB than Liberty 

2). Pops says Liberty has #3 QB in country per rivals and that he can’t find Oaks QB

3). Sammy says the #3 QB in country wouldn’t even be the #3 QB in the Trinity League (of which Oaks is not a member)

so do you concede Liberty = Oaks with a better QB

I will concede that point if Liberty beats a relevant team this year, or at least a Top 100 teams.  My current position is if Liberty played a regular slate of Top 100 teams, the Liberty QB would have depressed stats.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't know what you mean by "little irritant remarks".  Maybe people would respect or care what your take is, if your screen name was something other than CaliNorth.

I toy with rookies like you. It amuses me while I'm driving content via compelling threads.

See, there you go again with your cutting remarks. It shows your a small man. Just keep to football facts and keep your little jabs to a minimum and you'll probably get a lot more likes

2 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

See, there you go again with your cutting remarks. It shows your a small man. Just keep to football facts and keep your little jabs to a minimum and you'll probably get a lot more likes

I still don't have any idea what you mean by "cutting remarks", btw you have exactly 3.71% of the number of Likes as I do, so mayb'e you should choose a different tack.

Pick a subject and I will be happy to debate you facts for facts.

19 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Fwiw, while I understand some of your comments, Sammy is a good dude

Just delusional 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Serious question @Blueliner.  How much over the past two weeks has DLS even been able to practice?  Timing and practice is essential to everything they do, and there were times when we had the worst air in the world, so practicing outside would probably have been worse than not practicing...

They were practicing pretty much every day. When I drove by the double o while working, they were out there sucking up crappy air every morning that I saw. They had to...I guess....considering the circumstances.

Their timing is going to be off for sure. It’s going to be like having no fights for 6 months then jumping in the ring with Ali. I think DLS will go down swinging....but they’re highly likely going down. It’s unfortunate for this senior class. But we just need to keep it all in perspective.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I still don't have any idea what you mean by "cutting remarks", btw you have exactly 3.71% of the number of Likes as I do, so mayb'e you should choose a different tack.

Pick a subject and I will be happy to debate you facts for facts.

When the subject presents itself, the we'll have at it, and  hopefully  you won't be a coward like the last  time we debated about the 2004 DLS- MV game, where you had no logical comeback, except to switch over to you your alias " Exocet" and start calling names and defecting. I really don't even follow "Likes" and all that here. I just like to pop in and am interested in what people have to say about their  teams in their states and keep up with the national landscape. But I know this board is way more your life than mine, so that is why I mentioned the likes. I also noticed that you use your alias's to add "Likes" to your own comments, which is really says it all.

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

When the subject presents itself, the we'll have at it, and  hopefully  you won't be a coward like the last  time we debated about the 2004 DLS- MV game, where you had no logical comeback, except to switch over to you your alias " Exocet" and start calling names and defecting. I really don't even follow "Likes" and all that here. I just like to pop in and am interested in what people have to say about their  teams in their states and keep up with the national landscape. But I know this board is way more your life than mine, so that is why I mentioned the likes. I also noticed that you use your alias's to add "Likes" to your own comments, which is really says it all.

IF and that's a big IF I was going to have an alias, it would not be "Exocet"... no offense to him.

I can also assure you that I was not the one who brought up a game from 14 years ago.  Nor would I even be interested in commenting more than once or twice on a game from that long ago.

With that being said, do you have any relevant content to bring to the board, or are you just frustrated, and decided to take it out on me?  While your thinking about it, I will need to excuse myself to go to another thread, where guys are waiting on my comments.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Does this mean that the NCS Open loser is eliminated?

seems like they couldn’t then play a play in game prior to SBGs

I am pretty sure the Loser of the NCS open could play the next week in the consolation sweepstakes against Folsom or the other play in game... I thought only the Open game was on 12/8.... I Imagine the CIF wants 2 Section champions in the Folsom game so I think Central gets that one...🙂

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BraceFace69 said:

Butterfield is going to Stanford. 

Are you positive about that ?  The reason that I ask that is that I talked with the Liberty Head coach at the last DLS game, and he told me that Stanford was already committed to A guy that was coming off the Mission field and Stanford had not offered. Maybe that changed since then. UCLA  and Michigan were  brought into the conversation, but that is all I know of. 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I will concede that point if Liberty beats a relevant team this year, or at least a Top 100 teams.  My current position is if Liberty played a regular slate of Top 100 teams, the Liberty QB would have depressed stats.

Bishop Amat is Oaks best win 

BIshop Amat = Pittsburg 

Don’t pick flyshit out of the pepper and argue BA’s national rank at CP v Pitt’s

they're same team; CP inflates socal v NorCal (remember DLS 9th in state right before they 4-peated Open? Or ranked lower than servite right before........ well, you know)

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Bishop Amat is Oaks best win 

BIshop Amat = Pittsburg 

Don’t pick flyshit out of the pepper and argue BA’s national rank at CP v Pitt’s

they're same team; CP inflates socal v NorCal (remember DLS 9th in state right before they 4-peated Open? Or ranked lower than servite right before........ well, you know)

Ok.  I concede.