Folsom Rumor

BraceFace69

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

At least you realize when to fold um

LOL

My opinion is what it is. I feel like it's pretty solidly based in logic. If it wasn't seeming pretty solid, you wouldn't have felt the need to run out to the rescue and try diminishing it with the initial "you're thousands of miles away and jealous" jab. 

It is what it is bro. Be happy with what you got. Just understand that what is going on there is unlike anything that anyone has ever done and is definitely going to be criticized. Especially when you have the "Sammys" of the world puffing their chest out like they've really accomplished something, then quickly shrinking and hiding behind the fig leaf when confronted with solid criticism. 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I’m not jumping on Hawg’s pulpit — I’ve already been there and grew tired 

but, it’s not the same thing — accomplished with different approaches 

there is probably not another local bully that is as respected by unaffiliated parties as DLS on NCP (there are definitely some exceptions, but they’re usually like block and marginalized)

again, I’m not hating — just deflecting your deflection back to you 

His statement was of a culture of pain and inequality.Who has rained down more pain and inequality than DLS in NorCal?

He also stated it would breed lack of enrollment and fan support in other schools which it hasn’t in NorCal.that was my only point

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

LOL

My opinion is what it is. I feel like it's pretty solidly based in logic. If it wasn't seeming pretty solid, you wouldn't have felt the need to run out to the rescue and try diminishing it with the initial "you're thousands of miles away and jealous" jab. 

It is what it is bro. Be happy with what you got. Just understand that what is going on there is unlike anything that anyone has ever done and is definitely going to be criticized. Especially when you have the "Sammys" of the world puffing their chest out like they've really accomplished something, then quickly shrinking and hiding behind the fig leaf when confronted with solid criticism. 

I’m not diminishing your opinion I’m pointing out it’s flaws

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I’m not diminishing your opinion I’m pointing out it’s flaws

I'm not sure they are flaws. 

If DLS was going to Folsom and snatching Ngata for his junior and senior seasons and Prep and Pops are paying his tuition for him. Then selling it as they're offering him some wonderful Catholic education and has little to do with football, I'd think you had a solid point and my assertion would be flawed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it was a beautiful thing this year that Folsom was all up with talent and thought they had a shot against the monster DLS. And they did have a legit shot. I'd imagine that Folsom's enrollment and interest from kids will rise along with the expectations. 

If year after year, DLS was plucking every rising star athlete from Folsom, and all the other surrounding schools, and Pops and Prep were the ones plucking and paying, we'd have some issues up there as well. 

If every time it looked like Folsom was going to have a great team, Pops went over and offered a sure ring/mnc and tuition covered by he and Prep to the top players from that team... Enrollment and interest would likely drop off at Folsom. It just seems like a logical conclusion to make. Kids there that would have loved to play football if they were being afforded a fair situation, probably play soccer and hacky sack instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not sure they are flaws. 

If DLS was going to Folsom and snatching Ngata for his junior and senior seasons and Prep and Pops are paying his tuition for him. Then selling it as they're offering him some wonderful Catholic education and has little to do with football, I'd think you had a solid point and my assertion would be flawed. 

That is your flaw because they are not selling some Catholic education.They know these kids are coming because of football and nobody is snatching them.Build it and they will come 

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

That is your flaw because they are not selling some Catholic education.They know these kids are coming because of football and nobody is snatching them.Build it and they will come 

I've read on here numerous times that "anything to get these kids a good education." They can't come if they can't pay the tuition. Then some alumni are dropping bucks to pay so the tuition isn't an issue. 

I just read an article on here a few days ago that pretty much covered it. 

I'm looking through the lens of here. If it's being sold improperly, it's on guys like, Eddy, Padre and the Swordsman. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've read on here numerous times that "anything to get these kids a good education." They can't come if they can't pay the tuition. Then some alumni are dropping bucks to pay so the tuition isn't an issue. 

I'm looking through the lens of here. If it's being sold improperly, it's on guys like, Eddy, Padre and the Swordsman. 

The admin chairs are  looking for some Samoan students to enroll in our new Pacific Island Cooking elective.  We just introduced this course and believe it will compliment our fiiiiiiine Catholic education for interested students.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You just reminded me to make my end of year write off donation 

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Well here’s your problem right here

HA!

Well, it becomes a your problem too obviously. You seem to have taken to correcting what they have been saying and a recent news article seems to second. 

Clearly you live over there and are in a better position than I to see what is going on, but, it also seems pretty clear that Eddy is an alum and drops lines here and there. Sammy is a clear Trinity League pusher and of course he drops lines here and there as well. I'm afraid you have your work cut out for you in the damage control dept. xD

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

His statement was of a culture of pain and inequality.Who has rained down more pain and inequality than DLS in NorCal?

He also stated it would breed lack of enrollment and fan support in other schools which it hasn’t in NorCal.that was my only point

I think I understood your point -- I'm just trying to say I don't think the comparison was apt because I don't think the dominance is as resented when it's maybe perceived as more earned

No biggie

18 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Ask Mark Sanchez what it is to win on DLS's field.

No one lives on an ancient game more than you 

did you play for or coach MV’04 — you sure worship at their altar 

I was happy to see MV drop down a division to win 1st SBG era Section championship in 2015 — it was obvious how frustrated the program was and that it was heading the other way 

thought that they might have had a big school championship in 2010 until they lost by 14 to the servite team that lost to DLS by 80 — 

but it is always neat to recall that time back in band camp with Sanchez in ‘04

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

That 2004 team was the best in OC history until the recent MD teams. I think that was the Diablo team that beat both D1 finalists by 40 points.

And DLS’s worst team since Lad arrived in ‘79 by 3 

and he brags about that 

in about 50% of his posts 

don't encourage him 

18 hours ago, Ararar said:

I got it

we’re quibbling but I am inferring that he’s implying something about the approach as part of his angst 

I don’t think it’s just the results 

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

And DLS’s worst team since Lad arrived in ‘79 by 3 

and he brags about that 

in about 50% of his posts 

don't encourage him 

In all fairness, you have claimed that the 2004 DLS team could've won any section title in the state because of that close loss to Mission Viejo.

Think about that. A team could've won any section title because of a game they lost.

But I can think of two sections they couldn't have won: Southern D1 and Central D1. The former won by Mission Viejo and the latter won by another team that beat DLS (Clovis West).