Excuse Thread - Finals week

Sammyswordsman

North Gwinnett shouldve been better this season. Yeah they graduated some good players but also brought back a good core. And Bill Stewart appeared to be a solid coach. But apparently losing Jayden McDonald was huge on D... Idc that he was just a 3* and went to Iowa.. He had one of the best postseason performances Ive ever seen last season...very Roquan Smith-ish.

I dont look at it like I was wrong about them being #1 in GA this preseason... More so stuff just happened so that I wasnt right.

Anyway... Before the season, North Gwinnett lost 3 of their best players for various reasons. 

3* CB DJ Turner transferred to IMG from NG.

4* WR Josh Shuler stopped playing football, and focused on baseball when he committed to South Carolina.

And 3 year starter at OLB Pucciarello quit football for some reason.

.... NG was doomed before the season began.

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Now this is something GA is #1 in the country in!

Lets keep talking about Graysons preseason ranking! And how everybody in NJ said BC sucked! (Actually no one said that unless you ask NOR)

Nevermind where the teams are now! Grayson at home losing in the Quarterfinals! And BC about to play for another NJ State Title (the only one that matters)!

Because their Preseason rankings define them all season! Everyone knows that!

Or we could admit I was right about their sorry coaching, and that theyd never win a title with this guy.

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You add those three players and North still loses by four-five touchdowns. They had all of those guys and McDonald and a healthy Goodson last year and should’ve lost to a Colquitt team not nearly as good as this one 

Look-a-here-now sonny.... Im not going to admit I was wrong...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lets keep talking about Graysons preseason ranking! And how everybody in NJ said BC sucked! (Actually no one said that unless you ask NOR)

Nevermind where the teams are now! Grayson at home losing in the Quarterfinals! And BC about to play for another NJ State Title (the only one that matters)!

Because their Preseason rankings define them all season! Everyone knows that!

Or we could admit I was right about their sorry coaching, and that theyd never win a title with this guy.

Kid, the Ga folks were saying how much Grayson improved since they got destroyed by Grayson... The state final was to come down to a rematch of Colquitt and Grayson. 

LOL, you are a funny little guy. Not honest at all, but funny!

35 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

North Gwinnett shouldve been better this season. Yeah they graduated some good players but also brought back a good core. And Bill Stewart appeared to be a solid coach. But apparently losing Jayden McDonald was huge on D... Idc that he was just a 3* and went to Iowa.. He had one of the best postseason performances Ive ever seen last season...very Roquan Smith-ish.

I dont look at it like I was wrong about them being #1 in GA this preseason... More so stuff just happened so that I wasnt right.

Anyway... Before the season, North Gwinnett lost 3 of their best players for various reasons. 

3* CB DJ Turner transferred to IMG from NG.

4* WR Josh Shuler stopped playing football, and focused on baseball when he committed to South Carolina.

And 3 year starter at OLB Pucciarello quit football for some reason.

.... NG was doomed before the season began.

Pucciarello was playing last night. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Kid, the Ga folks were saying how much Grayson improved since they got destroyed by Grayson... The state final was to come down to a rematch of Colquitt and Grayson. 

What? 

Nobody said that... Lol. Most I heard didnt think Grayson would get there, Grayson homers mightve (but they refused to admit their coach sucks). It looked like they were playing better...but their coaching sucks and I said that all year.

How is it you can just continually make shit up and think your right... And not acknowledge what Ive actually said all year --- WHICH ENDED UP 100% RIGHT.

You keep trying to make up shit people SAY... What happened on the field is what matters. Who gives a fuck what some dunderhead like you says. I can say the Earth is under a Dome... It doesnt make it right...

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Grayson has the players, just not the coaches.  As a Colquitt fan I can't complain.  Keep on keeping on Grayson.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

What? 

Nobody said that... Lol. Most I heard didnt think Grayson would get there, Grayson homers mightve (but they refused to admit their coach sucks). It looked like they were playing better...but their coaching sucks and I said that all year.

How is it you can just continually make shit up and think your right... And not acknowledge what Ive actually said all year --- WHICH ENDED UP 100% RIGHT.

You keep trying to make up shit people SAY... What happened on the field is what matters. Who gives a fuck what some dunderhead like you says. I can say the Earth is under a Dome... It doesnt make it right...

don't be a Donald, little Pumpkin!

15 hours ago,  Sammyswordsmansaid: 

Just like I said.  Allen is down this year. 

They aren't down. Folks just need to give Rockwall credit for being a potent offensive team this year. 

There ain't a defense in Texas that would've held Rockwall's offense in check.

Rockwall's problem is they have absolutely zero defense and haven't had it all year. If I'm HC Webb, I'm firing all defensive staff in place.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:
   15 hours ago,  Sammyswordsmansaid: 

Just like I said.  Allen is down this year. 

They aren't down. Folks just need to give Rockwall credit for being a potent offensive team this year. 

There ain't a defense in Texas that would've held Rockwall's offense in check.

Rockwall's problem is they have absolutely zero defense and haven't had it all year. If I'm HC Webb, I'm firing all defensive staff in place.

Rockwall has scored atleast 35 in every game this year. That was a 42-35 L to Longview.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A couple heavy weights - SJB and Miami Central suffered unexpected defeats.  Allen struggled and gave up 40.  Hoover loses.  North Gwinett gets waxed. Mighty Grayson is stunned

The explanations should be interesting 

Grayson coaching sucks. Ive said that for over a year. No excuse neccessary.

Im betting Fred wont argue with me now.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

That speaks more to the Tier 6 teams they played than to any prowess on their part.

Do you think for a second that Rockwall scores even 21 vs Stache, IMG or SJB?

That speaks more to stacking rosters to be able to beat other teams. If every team did that, HSFB would cease to exist.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

Grayson coaching sucks. Ive said that for over a year. No excuse neccessary.

Im betting Fred wont argue with me now.

Can you at least run down the litany of Ga teams that you propped up this year, and then suffered humiliating defeats?

This was not one of your better years.  When you first came to the forum you were more objective and made better decisions.  Each year since you have become more and more just another homer.  Kinda sad.  You were good once 

15 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Can you at least run down the litany of Ga teams that you propped up this year, and then suffered humiliating defeats?

This was not one of your better years.  When you first came to the forum you were more objective and made better decisions.  Each year since you have become more and more just another homer.  Kinda sad.  You were good once 

I did not prop up Grayson.

I said about 10 or 11 teams would be head & shoulders above the rest this preseason in Georgia.... And for the most part I was right

You Cali guys really dont mind lying through your fucking teeth.This is you hating bc my last post about MD/SJB/IMG/Cali football.

I had North Gwinnett, Colquitt, Archer, Rome, Milton, Marietta, Grayson, Buford, McEachern, Blessed Trinity, & Walton.

I missed adding Hillgrove & Parkview. I had Lowndes & Lee in that next group. Id say those were the better teams outside of Buford. Marietta crumbled.

Id say I was pretty much on. GA is the most unpredictable state in America.. Not every state is like Cali where the same 3 teams are 1-3 every single solitary year...thats boring as fuck.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I did not prop up Grayson.

I said about 10 or 11 teams would be head & shoulders above the rest this preseason in Georgia.... And for the most part I was right

You Cali guys really dont mind lying through your fucking teeth.This is you hating bc my last post about MD/SJB/IMG/Cali football.

I had North Gwinnett, Colquitt, Archer, Rome, Milton, Marietta, Grayson, Buford, McEachern, Blessed Trinity, & Walton.

I missed adding Hillgrove & Parkview. I had Lowndes & Lee in that next group. Id say those were the better teams outside of Buford. Marietta crumbled.

Id say I pretty much on. GA is the most unpredictable state in America.. Not every state is like Cali where the same 3 teams are 1-3 every single solitary year...thats boring as fuck.

We expect better from you about Ga.  your input messed up the early Tier placement this year and opened me for ridicule from @Popsand @noonereal  

If you are going to put your self out there as an objective journalist, you have got to do better. 

You are super informed on HS football and would be a much better poster if you would use your powers for good and not evil.

Go back to your Schlick of your rookie year on these boards before you got involved in the 7 years wars with Pops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

We expect better from you about Ga.  your input messed up the early Tier placement this year and opened me for ridicule from @Popsand @noonereal  

If you are going to put your self out there as an objective journalist, you have got to do better. 

You are super informed on HS football and would be a much better poster if you would use your powers for good and not evil.

Go back to your Schlick of your rookie year on these boards before you got involved in the 7 years wars with Pops.

Every great thing ... Ever... has had people that ridicule it. The key is knowing they are fucktards and what they say doesnt matter.