What happened to Miami Central last night?

RedZone

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, we saw last night that it's very difficult to beat the same team twice in a season. 

SJB blew out MD first meeting then lost in a squeaker in the rematch. 

Seems like a similar scenario with MC/MNW.

Same w/ Thompson avenging their only loss of the season defeating Hoover. 

Haaaaard to beat the same team twice 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

At the end of the day, these are just kids. Emotionally they can lose. Mentally they can lose. 

Even the most talented teams.

North Shore beat Katy pretty good "early" this season. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Katy makes a game of it this time or even wins.

North Shore is pretty stout though.

• Like 1

Just now, RedZone said:

I think you have to defer to coaching in those games to some extent. 

In a rematch game, where one team appears clearly more talented, there is so much additional emphasis on being able to control emotions. Clearly one team knows they can win because they already did once. Gotta be able to keep that team invested emotionally or the other team using their "revenge" factor and experience from the first go around could jump that ass and control the game.

It could take only one or two players on the "revenge" team going super saiyan and the script could flip. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I think Katy will make it closer but the physical and talent difference between the two is apparent. I think NS will look to last years 31-3 playoff loss to Katy to keep focused. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol. Sending to the Excuse Thread.  Once again a Fla team can’t finish. Sad

No the garbage in overrated California can't finish. You have 2 teams with 2 dozen transfers battling for a recruited paid for championship. 

Mater Dei and SJB don't show any strength for the state. They just prove they can compete nationally if they poach all the players worth a damn in the area. 

St John Bosco had their lowest offensive output against 3 loss STA since Miami Monsignor Pace crushed them 33-7. 

SJB finished number 2 in Cali while STA couldn't even crack our top 10. 

Who the fuck is finishing over in Cali? Damn sure ain't SJB. Northern Cali doesn't even start the season until the finals its so trash. 

Hawaii beat your Los Angeles city champ by 40 points. Some Colorado team beat Trinity League Santa Margarita. 

California is overrated as hell, trending down and the recruited all star teams can't get out of each other's way 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol. Sending to the Excuse Thread.  Once again a Fla team can’t finish. Sad

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

[...]

St John Bosco had their lowest offensive output against 3 loss STA since Miami Monsignor Pace crushed them 33-7. 

SJB finished number 2 in Cali while STA couldn't even crack our top 10

[...]

So, once again, a FL team couldn't finish. 

Sad.

• Haha 1

Same scenario today for 8A championship game in Illinois. Brother Rice blasted Loyola earlier this year at Rice by 35-3.

It adds some very interesting elements for both teams. Revenge is a good motivation...but it can also knock you off center if their is too much emotion. The keys are adjustments....execution...match-ups and how you respond to the ebbs and flows of the game at hand. When you have 2 very good coaching staffs like this game or MD and SJB ...you also have to not over-coach and really let your Kids play.

There are only several intangibles that you really can`t control...the Weather........un-expected injuries and that occassional crazy play or bounce of the football.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Anything can happen in high school football. I'm convinced of it.

Early season wins clearly mean nothing at this point.

The early season means nothing in the 2nd half of the season. Teams are still gelling, creating chemistry, finding their best players & what the team is the best at doing, building confidence etc...

12 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

So, once again, a FL team couldn't finish. 

Sad.

They can't finish because it ain't a cakewalk like in California. 

Thats how DLS was able to beat the living shit out of the teams they played in the state championship the years they got their skirts lifted against Florida teams who got bashed out of the playoffs themselves.

winning in California is much easier. The teams aren't as good. Cali will never be able to touch Florida. 

3 teams in 3 years from California finished in the state top TWO the year they got beat the F down by Florida teams who all finished outside the state top TEN. 

That is a pattern. California ain't nothing special and all the propaganda, lies and manipulation the Cali posters post everyday can't take that fact away 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, we saw last night that it's very difficult to beat the same team twice in a season. 

SJB blew out MD first meeting then lost in a squeaker in the rematch. 

Seems like a similar scenario with MC/MNW.

Ya if the teams are close anything can happen.

Our Pick Em match is gonna come down to a Union vs Puyallup rematch tonight.

I learned the hard way in my first year(1984) of being a(junior level)head coach.Beat a team easily by 18 pts during the season & ended up playing them again in the league super bowl.I stuck with what worked vs them the first time & didn't change a thing,O or D.We scouted them in the semies & all was the same.Wing T & 5-4 on D.We buried them deep on the opening kickoff & all was well until they broke huddle.WTF?They spread out with huge gaps in the line,QB alone in the backfield & players from sideline to sideline.I waited for them to close in the formation before set but they ran their play like that.It took them 5 plays to reach the endzone.By the time I figured out how to defend this crazy offense it was 24- 13 with 2minutes left.To late.Tough introduction to the run & shoot.I still took the kids to Dairy Queen though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3