Paul johnson GT

HSFBfan

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And thus only Marist remains as the only team on any level to run it in Georgia... 

And Idk how much longer ole Chadwick's gonna be at Marist...

He's been there  since Jesus was in diapers...

Doesnt gerogia southern run the triple option??? I believe they do

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And thus only Marist remains as the only team on any level to run it in Georgia... 

Hes been there since 1985 as HC... A couple years before I was born. Thats pretty nuts.

Hes #2 in All-Time wins in GA HSFB behind Larry Campbell at Lincoln Co. And Chadwick is the only active coach in the Top 10 in total wins.

32 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’ll never understand how Paul Johnson got Calvin Johnson on campus to waste his talents in a triple option offense?

247 Says he was 5 star guy so I’m sure he could of went anywhere .... including Georgia.

Hard to said he wasted his talents. Went to the NFL. Made millions 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m saying he could of been in a more pass friendly offense and shattered college WR records.

Yeah, but for all we know maybe he could have suffered a major injury from all the extra work (hits) and the pro career never would have materialized quite the same?

Being hidden in that offense may have been a blessing in disguise. As @HSFBfan pointed out, it surely didn't hurt him from having a pro career and making a very good living which was the most important thing.

Same goes for Demaryius Thomas.

6 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Yeah, but for all we know maybe he could have suffered a major injury from all the extra work (hits) and the pro career never would have materialized quite the same?

Being hidden in that offense may have been a blessing in disguise. As @HSFBfan pointed out, it surely didn't hurt him from having a pro career and making a very good living which was the most important thing.

Man... 

Calvin Johnson in HS was a beast from what I've heard... 

He went to Sandy Creek.

5 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I used to enjoy watching Calvin at Tech. I believe the qb during his time was Reggie Ball? (Have to look it up)but they connected on some long balls each game and he jumped off the screen. 

I remember they had a big game early in the season against Notre Dame his last year. ND was good not great and escaped by 4 or so but didn’t cover I remember because I lost money on the game. 

Its a shame he was in Detroit his entire career and never got a chance to play for even in an NFC title game let alone SB. That one season in 12? he was unstoppable..

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 1:40 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wow, Chadwick still there.  I thought back in the mid 90's he was already coaching for like 25 years or somehting like that.  Damn!