Kyler Murray- 2018 Heisman

Texasfrog

14 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

As a Texas guy myself, I agree. Murray doesn’t see the field and deliver like Tua. Plus, Tua has been injured since the Missouri game. 

Tua is a special talent.  I love watching Kyler play, because he is so tiny and has serious wheels.  But, if Im starting a college team, there is no doubt I would take Tua over him.  

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

As a Texas guy myself, I agree. Murray doesn’t see the field and deliver like Tua. Plus, Tua has been injured since the Missouri game. 

I don't agree with the statement that Murray doesn't see the field as good.  Hell Murray has been forced to see the field all season long.

Even the announcers in the SEC championship was talking about the Tua starts struggling when forced to find 2nd and 3rd options.

I am not doubting Tua's ability to beat OU.  He is a good QB!

For all the talk about Tua not playing in the 4th Qrt - Murray only attempted 46 more passes on the season.

It's easy to say the big 12 doesn't play good defense -  Then you look at the points that OU put on Alabama, Auburn, Georgia in the last 3 games played in bowl games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I don't agree with the statement that Murray doesn't see the field as good.  Hell Murray has been forced to see the field all season long.

Even the announcers in the SEC championship was talking about the Tua starts struggling when forced to find 2nd and 3rd options.

For all the talk about Tua not playing in the 4th Qrt - Murray only attempted 46 more passes on the season.

It's easy to say the big 12 doesn't play good defense -  Then you look at the points that OU put on Alabama, Auburn, Georgia in the last 3 games played in bowl games.

Does Murray have 46 more passes because he is forced to run more or runs because of his choice?

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This would mean OU had a very good offense those years and the three teams you listed could not stop them in those bowl games. It does not mean that OU and the big 12 does not play bad defense. It does not mean those teams were overrated defensively either. Good (and even great) defenses are not perfect. 

You didn’t even mention the fact that Tua has been injured. His level of play has not been the same. Tua is better and has a much higher ceiling. 

This would mean OU had a very good offense those years and the three teams you listed could not stop them in those bowl games. It does not mean that OU and the big 12 does not play bad defense. It does not mean those teams were overrated defensively either. Good (and even great) defenses are not perfect. 

You didn’t even mention the fact that Tua has been injured. His level of play has not been the same. Tua is better and has a much higher ceiling. 

Ou put up points on gerogia no denying that but they went home with that L

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Tua is a special talent.  I love watching Kyler play, because he is so tiny and has serious wheels.  But, if Im starting a college team, there is no doubt I would take Tua over him.  

Tua has NFL-level traits already. This was said well before the 2018 season began. Trent Dilfer even said he is a generational talent. 

I think it’s worth pointing out that with one knee, Tua was still an elite player. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Tua has NFL-level traits already. This was said well before the 2018 season began. Trent Dilfer even said he is a generational talent. 

I think it’s worth pointing out that with one knee, Tua was still an elite player. 

It will be interesting to see if tua will be hampered by that knee come dec 29th. If so idk if jalen can win the game like tua could.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Ou put up points on gerogia no denying that but they went home with that L

Yep. What I actually fear most of OU is their OL. Murray is a nice talking point, but it starts upfront. Bama will have to win that match. Murray gets all his time to throw and those runningbacks have these massive lanes to run through because of them. 

One credible OU poster on another board said this OL is better than the 2008 unit. 

• Like 1

Yep. What I actually fear most of OU is their OL. Murray is a nice talking point, but it starts upfront. Bama will have to win that match. Murray gets all his time to throw and those runningbacks have these massive lanes to run through because of them. 

One credible OU poster on another board said this OL is better than the 2008 unit. 

They are big up front but they wear down. Too big for their own good. Farm boys cant keep up with savages 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It will be interesting to see if tua will be hampered by that knee come dec 29th. If so idk if jalen can win the game like tua could.

I hope not. I think we can win with Jalen, but we need Tua out there. The defense better come angry and ready to play. I believe the Georgia game is what Bama needed. 

2 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Thank goodness Locksley is gone. He RAN Tua (on a designed QB run) with his knee troubles. His play-calling was terrible at times this season.  

There was questionable ones yes but I respect locksley. Hes gonna do a lot of good at maryland. We can question every OC. Saban should have override his decisions at times. 

59 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Does Murray have 46 more passes because he is forced to run more or runs because of his choice?

Murray is going run as last resort on actual passing plays.  He had 128 rushes on the year, some of this is him taking off and some of this is called runs.

To have any chance of upsetting Bama he we will need to run at least enough to keep them worried about what he might do.  Murray will go to the ground most of the time before taking big hit..  I am not talking about sliding in the open field.  I am talking when you are about to sack him for loss and if he does not have time to get rid of the ball.  

Stopping QB run can be chore for even the best defenses.

Just now, Texasball said:

Murray is going run as last resort on actual passing plays.  He had 128 rushes on the year, some of this is him taking off and some of this is called runs.

To have any chance of upsetting Bama he we will need to run at least enough to keep them worried about what he might do.  Murray will go to the ground most of the time before taking big hit..  I am not talking about sliding in the open field.  I am talking when you are about to sack him for loss and if he does not have time to get rid of the ball.  

Stopping QB run can be chore for even the best defenses.

Oh I agree. Have you seen the QBs that have flustered or beat alabama.

Chad Kelly

Johnny football

Deshaun watson 

Just to name a few

44 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Which jalen cant do if tua goes down. I expect a lot of stunts and delay rushes at Murray. Williams #92 has to set tbe tone up front

Were mount cody lmaooo

You mark my words...If Murray has time to throw he is going to pick apart the Alabama defense.  Truthfully, I don't see Murray having that much time in the pocket.  Having said that Murray throws on the run very good. 

If this game is close or even kinda close Murray will have played really good.  

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

You mark my words...If Murray has time to throw he is going to pick apart the Alabama defense.  Truthfully, I don't see Murray having that much time in the pocket.  Having said that Murray throws on the run very good. 

If this game is close or even kinda close Murray will have played really good.  

I agree with you due to the inexperience of the alabama secondary