Kyler Murray- 2018 Heisman

Texasfrog

Congrats to 2018 Heisman Winner and former Allen HS, TX three time State Title winner and National High School Player of the year Kyler Murray.

Also..  Not sure the Self-proclaimed Football guru "DALLAS JACKSON" ever visits this site.   But let me quote that complete bafoon from about 4 years ago.

Dallas Jackson...."Kyler Murray will never play quarterback in college."

Just another example of how that dude (Dallas Jackson) was a complete clueless clown when it came to really knowing football on any level.

One more time for old sakes...   Dallas Jackson...."Kyler Murray will never play quarterback in college."

PS..  I'm sure he would came back and deny that he ever said that... Just like many other things!! 

Too funny!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Congrats to 2018 Heisman Winner and former Allen HS, TX three time State Title winner and National High School Player of the year Kyler Murray.

Good for Murray, bad for OU.  Alabama has all the ammunition they need to embarrass OU offense in support of their boy Tua.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Tua deserved it. But it's ok Baker won it last year got knocked out of playoffs. Tua won the national championship 

I think any player would take a title over the Heisman. 

Tua took a lot less snaps and played against better defenses and opponents. 

Oklahoma is a system team in a Swiss cheese defensive conference. 

Murray is a special player though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I think any player would take a title over the Heisman. 

Tua took a lot less snaps and played against better defenses and opponents. 

Oklahoma is a system team in a Swiss cheese defensive conference. 

Murray is a special player though. 

Not taking anything away from Murray and I cant wait to see alabama beat him but as you presented tua deserved it

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

IMHO -  Murray is better overall college player 

Tua benefits greatly playing with a great team.

Put Tua on Oklahoma they are not as good.

Put Murray on Bama they are better.

Tua would destroy the big 12 if you put him on Oklahoma what are you talking about?

Tua didnt even have to play in 4th quarters this year. 

And he never lost a game

Murray in what is arguably the softest conference in America lost and threw more INT than Tua did. 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Tua would destroy the big 12 if you put him on Oklahoma what are you talking about?

Tua didnt even have to play in 4th quarters this year. 

And he never lost a game

Murray in what is arguably the softest conference in America lost and threw more INT than Tua did. 

I don’t see it...I see good QB playing with even better players.  

Not that Oklahoma will beat Alabama.  However, Murray might change your opinion after going against the Alabama defense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

IMHO -  Murray is better overall college player 

Tua benefits greatly playing with a great team.

Put Tua on Oklahoma they are not as good.

Put Murray on Bama they are better.

I firmly disagree. Bama would not be better with Murray. 

I hope Bama makes Murray regret playing college football. 

• Haha 1

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

Besides, none of the finalists deserved a thing. Only homers for each respective team believe differently. All 3 QB's put up sensational numbers and led highly successful teams.

They really should change the name of the award to the "best and most popular QB or RB on a nearly flawless team" award because if the player isn't a QB or RB and doesn't play on one of the front running teams -- they got no shot.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

I don’t see it...I see good QB playing with even better players.  

Not that Oklahoma will beat Alabama.  However, Murray might change your opinion after going against the Alabama defense.

I gotta disagree

Tua closest regular season game was a MOV by 22. Murray lost to texas. Alabama played 5 top 25 teams. Oklahoma did not. 

Tua threw 4 INT. Murray threw 7 

Tua first INT was what week 10 against LSU. 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I gotta disagree

Tua closest regular season game was a MOV by 22. Murray lost to texas. Alabama played 5 top 25 teams. Oklahoma did not. 

Tua threw 4 INT. Murray threw 7 

Tua first INT was what week 10 against LSU. 

Tua is good player and plays on even better team.   SEC is the overall best league, but bama sliced that league up pretty good until the championship game.

Tua didn't have to win the games like Murray does.  

Murray-  completed 70.9% of all passes

Tua - completed 67,7 %

Murray - Passed for 4053 yards/ 40 TD  -  He only attempted 46 more passes than Tua on the year

Tua - Passed for 3353 yards / 37 TD

Murray - Rushed for 892 yards / 11 more TD's

Tua - Rushed for 190 yards./ 5 more TD's

I agree that SEC is the best conference.  However, it's not like the Alabama schedule was extremely hard at least for them.

I believe OU could have handled the Alabama regular season schedule - not counting the conference championship game.

The Big 12 has played the SEC tougher than the other conferences -  This is the SEC winning % vs the Power 5 conferences

.668 (vs. ACC)
.630 (vs. Pac-12)
.593 (vs. Big Ten)
.553 (vs. Big 12)

2014 - OU hung 45 on bama as 18 point underdog winning 45-31 Sugar Bowl

2017 - OU beat Auburn 35-19 in the Sugar Bowl

We know what happened last year.  Georgia had very tough time stopping Oklahoma and won double OT game.

I believe Bama will win this game, but Murray will give them issues - He is  harder to defend due to his ability to run and he very seldom gets hit hard.  

Just now, Texasball said:

Tua is good player and plays on even better team.   SEC is the overall best league, but bama sliced that league up pretty good until the championship game.

Tua - completed 67,7 %

Murray - Passed for 4053 yards/ 40 TD  -  He only attempted 46 more passes than Tua on the year

Murray - Rushed for 892 yards

Tua - Rushed for 190 yards.

I agree that SEC is the best conference.  However, it's not like the Alabama schedule was extremely hard at least for them.

I believe OU could have handled the Alabama regular season schedule - not counting the conference championship game.

The Big 12 has played the SEC tougher than the other conferences -  This is the SEC winning % vs the Power 5 conferences

.668 (vs. ACC)
.630 (vs. Pac-12)
.593 (vs. Big Ten)
.553 (vs. Big 12)

We know what happened last year.  Georgia had very tough time stopping Oklahoma and won double OT game.

I believe Bama will win this game, but Murray will give them issues - He is  harder to defend due to his ability to run and he very seldom gets hit hard.  

Tua didnt play in the 4th quarter. So those passing stats are meaningless. And Murray has to rely on his feet and tua doesnt. Explains the rushing numbers. 

Gerogia couldnt stop Oklahoma in the first half. 2nd half different story. Chubb and Michel ran thru them. 

Murray better be ready for quinnen Williams #92 mack wilson raekwon davis and the rest of the company. 

Theres only way to beat alabama and nobody has done it yet so you have to throw the ball down field against an inexperienced secondary and if Hollywood brown cannot play idk if Oklahoma can spread the field. 

Also if Oklahoma cant stop the run what is Josh Jacob's damien Harris and najee harris doing to do to them. 

Too much firepower for Oklahoma to contain. They be run down by the 2nd half

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

I just call it the way I see it...Nothing against Tua he is good player and plays on a really really good team.

I hear ya.  Would you see it the same way if Kyler were from Cali, or Nevada or anywhere but texas?  I doubt it.  I'm a big fan of his too.  He is my A's first round pick.  But to say he is better than Tua is crazy talk homer talk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

I just call it the way I see it...Nothing against Tua he is good player and plays on a really really good team.

You are propping up the big 12 as this amazing conference. Offensively they are tough as nobody plays defense and so QBs have all day. Wait til someone hits Murray right in the mouth. Cant wait to dec 29th

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Tua didnt play in the 4th quarter. So those passing stats are meaningless. And Murray has to rely on his feet and tua doesnt. Explains the rushing numbers. 

Gerogia couldnt stop Oklahoma in the first half. 2nd half different story. Chubb and Michel ran thru them. 

Murray better be ready for quinnen Williams #92 mack wilson raekwon davis and the rest of the company. 

Theres only way to beat alabama and nobody has done it yet so you have to throw the ball down field against an inexperienced secondary and if Hollywood brown cannot play idk if Oklahoma can spread the field. 

Also if Oklahoma cant stop the run what is Josh Jacob's damien Harris and najee harris doing to do to them. 

Too much firepower for Oklahoma to contain. They be run down by the 2nd half

I believe Alabama will win the game and maybe big. 

This conversation is not about what the Alabama offense is going to do.  I expect the Alabama offense to score plenty.

This is about what possibly the OU offense can do vs Alabama defense.

Do think that the Alabama defense is going to completely shut down this OU offense?

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Tua - completed 67,7 %

Murray - Rushed for 892 yards / 11 more TD's

Tua - Rushed for 190 yards./ 5 more TD's

.668 (vs. ACC)
.630 (vs. Pac-12)
.593 (vs. Big Ten)
.553 (vs. Big 12)

Tua is still the better QB. Tua was throwing dimes and looked at as a generational talent before he took a snap at Bama. He was great in HS, all of the camps - including the Elite 11, and of course now in college. His accuracy and overall ceiling is way ahead of Murray. Is this comes from people who know the game - scouts, former QB’s, coaches etc. 

Murray is a playmaker and backyard baller like Johnny Manziel and has been forced to bail his team out over and over again because their defense has let them down. The OU running backs, receivers, and OL are all very good and give defenses more to worry about than just Murray. He has a plethora of weapons of his own. 

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I believe Alabama will win the game and maybe big. 

This conversation is not about what the Alabama offense is going to do.  I expect the Alabama offense to score plenty.

This is about what possibly the OU offense can do vs Alabama defense.

Do think that the Alabama defense is going to completely shut down this OU offense?

No but I do expect them to give up around 28 points. I expect Murray to get smacked in the mouth. I expect at least 5 sacks. I expect the defense to get at least 1 INT. 

I think alabam win 49-28

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya.  Would you see it the same way if Kyler were from Cali, or Nevada or anywhere but texas?  I doubt it.  I'm a big fan of his too.  He is my A's first round pick.  But to say he is better than Tua is crazy talk homer talk. 

As a Texas guy myself, I agree. Murray doesn’t see the field and deliver like Tua. Plus, Tua has been injured since the Missouri game. 

• Like 1