NBA Western Conference - Denver Nuggets???

maxchoboian

The Nuggets have the best record in the West right now, and are led by this guy...

Image result for nikola jokic

Nikola Jokic, 7', 250#, 23-year-old Serbian who just looks like a hoopster, doesn't he?

His goofy, unorthodox style is something to watch. You need to see him a few times, though, because after seeing him once it just looks like luck.

However, check out some numbers.

With his triple-double tonight in their blowout of the Clippers, he tied Kareem for the 2nd most triple-doubles for a Center in NBA history, trailing only Wilt. And at his age, he is the 3rd youngest player to reach 20 triple-doubles in NBA history, behind Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson.

He may be the only NBA player who is actually unable to jump, but The Joker knows how to play.

Check out this defensive rebound/full court assist in one motion tonight:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

The Nuggets have the best record in the West right now, and are led by this guy...

Image result for nikola jokic

Nikola Jokic, 7', 250#, 23-year-old Serbian who just looks like a hoopster, doesn't he?

His goofy, unorthodox style is something to watch. You need to see him a few times, though, because after seeing him once it just looks like luck.

However, check out some numbers.

With his triple-double tonight in their blowout of the Clippers, he tied Kareem for the 2nd most triple-doubles for a Center in NBA history, trailing only Wilt. And at his age, he is the 3rd youngest player to reach 20 triple-doubles in NBA history, behind Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson.

He may be the only NBA player who is actually unable to jump, but The Joker knows how to play.

Check out this defensive rebound/full court assist in one motion tonight:

Bro if Luka Doncic ever plays with this guy, it’s over 

EAB7CDE5-B63F-44FC-A3E7-2760B8F3F2AC.gif

11 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bro if Luka Doncic ever plays with this guy, it’s over 

EAB7CDE5-B63F-44FC-A3E7-2760B8F3F2AC.gif

Problem is, it's regular season, which means basically it's full court run and gun exhibition style b-ball. When playoffs come it is half court, defense,  that wins. None of these guys can play D and are way to slow. Putting up numbers in regular season doesn't mean that much.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Problem is, it's regular season, which means basically it's full court run and gun exhibition style b-ball. When playoffs come it is half court, defense,  that wins. None of these guys can play D and are way to slow. Putting up numbers in regular season doesn't mean that much.

Peja Stojaković would stomp a MudHole in these fools

3 hours ago, concrete17 said:

142-111 Warriors, NBA record 51 points 1st Qtr including 10 3's against the League's leading 3 pt defending team. Would that be ouch with a 'U" or ouch with a "W" for the Dubs?

The game wasn’t even as close as the final score. Nuggets hung early then it was over and Denver is a good team. Dubs played to their potential. They will be fine come playoffs and Boogie should be on the floor soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

The game wasn’t even as close as the final score. Nuggets hung early then it was over and Denver is a good team. Dubs played to their potential. They will be fine come playoffs and Boogie should be on the floor soon.

He makes his first appearance on Friday.  Give him a few weeks to get back into game shape and its going to be sad for the rest of the NBA.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I know. I wouldn't want to mess with the way they ran last night though. Dayum!

Bigger test is the next few weeks, brutal stretch in the schedule. I think after they chased the record in 16’ and they tired down the stretch,Kerr has found the right balance for the regular season and saving the team for the big picture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Bigger test is the next few weeks, brutal stretch in the schedule. I think after they chased the record in 16’ and they tired down the stretch,Kerr has found the right balance for the regular season and saving the team for the big picture.

Oh, last night was a plenty big test for the Warriors. I trust that the next few weeks are big, too, but not sure bigger.

Since January of 2016, the Warriors and Nuggets had played 10 times, with each team having won 5. I don't think any other NBA team other than a Lebron-led Cavs had anywhere near that kind of success against your boys. And Denver was .5 games ahead of Golden State in the West going into last night's game.

The Warriors responded with flying colors.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Oh, last night was a plenty big test for the Warriors. I trust that the next few weeks are big, too, but not sure bigger.

Since January of 2016, the Warriors and Nuggets had played 10 times, with each team having won 5. I don't think any other NBA team other than a Lebron-led Cavs had anywhere near that kind of success against your boys. And Denver was .5 games ahead of Golden State in the West going into last night's game.

The Warriors responded with flying colors.

Yeah not team wise. I should have clarified, they have a home game tonight after flying back then on the road at Clippers, Lakers, Celtics Sixers and Pacers the next week and a half. Brutal travel stretch against some good teams .

21 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

He is the big guy down low we are missing to complete a 5 starter all star team. 

Warriors have a huge whole in the middle. Losing Paculia, Mcgee, West, was huge. Those were some big bodies that did a lot of the dirty work. I guess they put it all on the line with Cousins, I wish they would have at least resigned Mcgee. Lakers got him for 2.5 million which is a steal. I scratch my head at that crazy blunder by Warriors.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/19/nikola-jokic-kareem-abdul-jabaar-wilt-chamberlain-nuggets-cavaliers-nba/

He had number 23 last night.  Watched his highlights (there were many).   Forget the baseball flick, this guy is “The Natural”.  

The Joker (nickname also of today’s Aussie Open winner and number 15 major wins now for Djokovic, passing Sampras) must be fun to watch all the time Max.