We Were All Wrong!!!

MTP28

I’m not convinced that the existing model will be successful unless a former coach is hired. Thinking is that after the onslaught from the community about his termination the SB doesn’t want to chance another potential problem. Successful coaches tend to be outspoken.

29 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

I’m not convinced that the existing model will be successful unless a former coach is hired. Thinking is that after the onslaught from the community about his termination the SB doesn’t want to chance another potential problem. Successful coaches tend to be outspoken.

The die has been cast.  The HC is set.  All that's missing now is....a BIGGER fan and a lot more merde.

In the words of that great Southern philosopher...Alonzo "Doc" Arteu......

"Spooning will lead to forking; and we've been totally forked"

OH WOE IS US !!!!

Rufus>>

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The die has been cast.  The HC is set.  All that's missing now is....a BIGGER fan and a lot more merde.

In the words of that great Southern philosopher...Alonzo "Doc" Arteu......

"Spooning will lead to forking; and we've been totally forked"

OH WOE IS US !!!!

Rufus>>

I'd say we coulda done worse.

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

You know Rufus if all the matters are resolved with the state people why could the SB overturn the firing? I know what your thoughts are about him leaving but what’s the parents and backers of the program say?

It's very hard for me to speak for others...but there are quite a few who would love to see Rush...RETAIN his HC position at Colquitt should the PSC investigation prove to be null.  I'm pretty sure...Rush is one of them.  That being said...personally...I don't see it as a healthy environment for Rush.  Yes...he has the backing of a LOT of the community...most every single player...and the crux of the Packer Touchdown Club.  But my God...this group of anti-Rush Bible followers (to a limited degree) have been after him since day one.  They have swung twice at him (hard)...and they may have him this time.  Time will tell.  

Even though Rush may demand his job back...this is the State of Georgia.  Actually...all the Board had to do was call Rush into their office in December and tell him they had decided not to renew his contract.  That would have been it.  Sure...they would have had some backlash from a lot of people...but hell...they got that now.  But now...the Board looks like a bunch of morons who are defaming Rush thru misleading half truths.  And these are not dumb people... per se.

I could be wrong...but I don't think we'll see Rush coaching the Packers anytime soon.  I would love to be wrong.  I just don't believe I am.   Anyway you cut it...this mess is an utter clusterfuck.

I blame Grayson....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It's very hard for me to speak for others...but there are quite a few who would love to see Rush...RETAIN his HC position at Colquitt should the PSC investigation prove to be null.  I'm pretty sure...Rush is one of them.  That being said...personally...I don't see it as a healthy environment for Rush.  Yes...he has the backing of a LOT of the community...most every single player...and the crux of the Packer Touchdown Club.  But my God...this group of anti-Rush Bible followers (to a limited degree) have been after him since day one.  They have swung twice at him (hard)...and they may have him this time.  Time will tell.  

Even though Rush may demand his job back...this is the State of Georgia. Actually...all the Board had to do was call Rush into their office in December and tell him they had decided not to renew his contract.  That would have been it.  Sure...they would have had some backlash from a lot of people...but hell...they got that now.  But now...the Board looks like a bunch of morons who are defaming Rush thru misleading half truths.  And these are not dumb people... per se.

I could be wrong...but I don't think we'll see Rush coaching the Packers anytime soon.  I would love to be wrong.  I just don't believe I am.   Anyway you cut it...this mess is an utter clusterfuck.

I blame Grayson....

Rufus>>

All they had to do was call him into their office in December and fire him. 

That would have been the preferable way to fire him rather than this load of malarkey that has ripped this community apart. 

You and I have "spoken" outside of public eye about this, and clearly this county and community has been riding a bit of a wave. Economically this town and county was doing far better than the rest of the country as a whole over the past decade. 

We (Moultrie and Colquitt county) have been on quite a high of late, in more ways than one. Certain entities just can't stand that and not being able to take credit for it. When dealt defeats, they always come back in other ways. 

I figure this was the grand attempt at making Moultrie come back to earth by those that are slowly losing their stranglehold on the town and county. Not necessarily bible thumpers (although they've fell in and played their hypocritical part in this all.)

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see some turnover in many elected offices soon. Nobody is safe. Not even King McIntosh. May be time for a retirement of some senior leadership in Moultrie. 

Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All they had to do was call him into their office in December and fire him. 

That would have been the preferable way to fire him rather than this load of malarkey that has ripped this community apart. 

You and I have "spoken" outside of public eye about this, and clearly this county and community has been riding a bit of a wave. Economically this town and county was doing far better than the rest of the country as a whole over the past decade. 

We (Moultrie and Colquitt county) have been on quite a high of late, in more ways than one. Certain entities just can't stand that and not being able to take credit for it. When dealt defeats, they always come back in other ways. 

I figure this was the grand attempt at making Moultrie come back to earth by those that are slowly losing their stranglehold on the town and county. Not necessarily bible thumpers (although they've fell in and played their hypocritical part in this all.)

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see some turnover in many elected offices soon. Nobody is safe. Not even King McIntosh. May be time for a retirement of some senior leadership in Moultrie. 

Time will tell.

Sounds like what we need in Lake City

If we meet in person I'll be glad to explain some of the stuff that has happened behind the scenes over here 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sounds like what we need in Lake City

If we meet in person I'll be glad to explain some of the stuff that has happened behind the scenes over here 

Dude, you have no idea... or maybe you do. I don't think our communities are that terribly different. Moultrie could be Lake City minus the interstate. 

Growing pains are a bitch. Especially when some folks start losing their grip on an area like has been going on in Moultrie. 

It's the equivelant of pitching a tantrum if we were all three year olds. 

As an aside, I'm definitely down to meet in person at a time we have already discussed elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Dude, you have no idea... or maybe you do. I don't think our communities are that terribly different. Moultrie could be Lake City minus the interstate. 

Growing pains are a bitch. Especially when some folks start losing their grip on an area like has been going on in Moultrie

It's the equivelant of pitching a tantrum if we were all three year olds. 

As an aside, I'm definitely down to meet in person at a time we have already discussed elsewhere.

Our city refuses to do any type of development to encourage young adults to move here and the job opportunities are basically been limited to retail and fast food

The way this city is going it will just be a poorer version of fort Myers (retirement aged community and low income living)

It's basically turned us into Gainesville's bitch which boils my skin because I hate the city of Gainesville

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

*In my sweetest telephone voice*

Fuck off

xD

Seriously though...

Fuck off.

No, really though... I wouldn't mind seeing an actual breakdown of what Lowndes is returning and what they'll be fielding as they are probabaly mostly working with the same team and players they will field this upcoming season.

It's really early for that type of stuff though. 

I'm assuming you are high on the Vikings for the upcoming season judging by how you've talked so far.

• Haha 1

Dang Hogoneit you get that ivory soap out of your mouth yet. No fun huh and wow a tenured member what does that get you on a daily basis an extra doenut hole at the bakery. 

Well it seems you have some understanding about South Georgia Football with regard to the passion they play with. That along with conditioning goes a long way. The first few weeks of the season in Moultrie will be interesting with emotions running high Question: do you feel your QB play will have to improve for a better opportunity to win it all or what?

with regard to Lowndes it will be critical that #8 learns to throw better to compliment his running skills. Not sure who the DB coach is at Lowndes but his time has passed. The biggest defensive shortcoming we have is our secondary.