Colquitt county spring practice schedule

94Packer

1 minute ago, MTP28 said:

You know with even further thought most of you hog boys are rather limited in your capacities to either think or see past the Colquitt County line. Not the mention discussing anything worth while related to high school football. Instead you again act like a bunch of school boys looking in the girls locker room. So with that I’ve come to recognize that this board is WELL below the standard knowledge base to discuss football in general. Instead the 7A board IS the Gold Standard.

plaid-clown-costume.thumb.jpg.521e3831c72d292fb2cbd11e683e1db5.jpg

• Haha 1

On a serious note... the football knowledge and number of  pretty connected people on this board is spectacular. 

And, most aren't just knowledgeable of one team or even one region or state. 

The guys on this board are truly the upper echelon of high school football related posters. Everyone has their area or special niche, but, for the most part, these guys do know what they're talking about on a national scale.

Ok now back to clowning on the newbies...

Honk!SlimSourEel-small.gif.0dea515ab0daf0469bb23b3b19f340e7.gif

About the only thing I have witnessed from you especially is just the upper echelon of your self inflated ego which you constantly have to remind both everyone on this board and yourself is you are completely full of shit. Nothing more or nothing less. 

Now again think of something you think is clever and rally your little bridge club group and post away.

Dude, I asked you when you first showed up here and we got beyond your Rush Propst suspended/fired related stiffy, to tell us about Lowndes.

You said, you think this or that and something or other. 

Literally had to beg and give you time to go google "your own" team to get any tid bit of info that made much sense. 

That's the difference here. Most guys here don't just sit in the stands. They dig just a little deeper ya know. They can generally tell you the players, their names, how they did last year, the offers they're getting, how they're ranked nationally among the other players at the particular position. Scheduling practices of a school, team, region etc. Even identify players and teams in multiple regions across the country. 

In some cases, in areas different than sowega, where transferring is rampant and even appears to be encouraged, there is guys with their finger on the pulse of which kid is going to be playing for which school until homecoming and then where he'll be after homecoming. 

We have sportswriters, coaches, avid fans and supporters, promoters and the like here. 

There at the Georgia Political Report you guys have Rab and a few other folks that have to compare everything to their political hero or nemesis as if that's just the coolest thing in the world. xD

You strike me as the type that sits in the stands and cheers on his team. You probably go to every home game, which for Lowndes is almost every game.

Nothing wrong with that. Not at all. Over here... we are just a little more involved in general. 

We all need a clown to honk his nose when we're bored. It's the off season and we found your shoes.

istockphoto-147034715-612x612.jpg.3e5f947d7ab8719f0f41bb9fc502cc53.jpg

There. Something clever. 

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

You know with even further thought most of you hog boys are rather limited in your capacities to either think or see past the Colquitt County line. Not the mention discussing anything worth while related to high school football. Instead you again act like a bunch of school boys looking in the girls locker room. So with that I’ve come to recognize that this board is WELL below the standard knowledge base to discuss football in general. Instead the 7A board IS the Gold Standard.

You do realize it’s the off season ..... the board is essentially on auto pilot for the moment and the convo is loose. It gets really good when fall comes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

You do realize it’s the off season ..... the board is essentially on auto pilot for the moment and the convo is loose. It gets really good when fall comes

Shhhh.

Let him twist until July! 

It's really not even transfer season yet. Amazingly enough, as much a whipping boy as Colquitt has been on here, "we" somehow found a way to spruce up silly season with some newsworthy stuff. 

I'm honestly glad to have some Lowndes folks on, because, it moves Colquitt up a notch on the scale. New coach and all. At least Colquitt has been pretty relevant over the past decade. 

Rush gets fired and Lowndes schedules MNW. It's like a category 5 hurricanado. Lowndes cats have hard ons turning corners before their torso gets close. 

Hahaha. 

Man I hope Coach Rogers is more than a mouthpiece beast. At the minimum, he's gotta coach victories @ Lowndes and against Tift. 

Easily your best post. With regard to my knowledge of high school football and history let’s starte with some that I have witnessed. Guy McIntyre, William Andrews, Stan Rome, Ray Goff, Virgil Seay, Buck Belue, John Lastinger, John Bond, Randal Godfrey, Cedric Jones, Eric Thomas, Greg Reid, Vincent Burns, Josh Harvey Clemons, Bull Wright, these are just a few of the names I have witnessed play. You will note some Hogs. Other sports I have also witnessed first hand. You laugh About a 134 game winning streak from Lowndes girls but if you know athletic history these are significant milestones. 

Having said that you mention highly rated sports writers, Coaches, and other professionals. I’ve met and discussed football with many of them. Vince Dooly, Kirby Smart Will Muschamp. The point is I post on this board with knowledge from over 40 years. Now I’m just like you can be provoked and can continue just like you. OR we can learn to discuss football regardless of your preference of teams. Either way I’m here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Easily your best post. With regard to my knowledge of high school football and history let’s starte with some that I have witnessed. Guy McIntyre, William Andrews, Stan Rome, Ray Goff, Virgil Seay, Buck Belue, John Lastinger, John Bond, Randal Godfrey, Cedric Jones, Eric Thomas, Greg Reid, Vincent Burns, Josh Harvey Clemons, Bull Wright, these are just a few of the names I have witnessed play. You will note some Hogs. Other sports I have also witnessed first hand. You laugh About a 134 game winning streak from Lowndes girls but if you know athletic history these are significant milestones. 

Having said that you mention highly rated sports writers, Coaches, and other professionals. I’ve met and discussed football with many of them. Vince Dooly, Kirby Smart Will Muschamp. The point is I post on this board with knowledge from over 40 years. Now I’m just like you can be provoked and can continue just like you. OR we can learn to discuss football regardless of your preference of teams. Either way I’m here.

Well damn. 

Fossils are usually pretty quiet unless you drop them on concrete. xD

I'm pretty much just jerking your chain. On a serious note, I'd like to treat you to a Chic Fil A lukewarm piece of chicken on a soggy bun where the brightest flavor is of three pickle slices, in October. I hear there used to be a good girl's hoops team and presently there is a decent band down there in Lowndes. 

I hear that a large brass section is supposed to be good for the gustation of half cold chicken filets with half warm pickles on soggy buns or stiff and cold pizza slices. Whatever it is y'all serve down there and call concessions. :P

I'm gonna post something in defense of the GAVSV.  I first posted on that board in 1997.  I was one of the first 20 people to do so.  Believe it or not...Rab was one of the first 5.  The "vent" was the BEST/WORST thing that ever happened for Georgia high school football.  Jack Keith didn't know what he was starting back then but the vent grew and grew to where...FINALLY....you had to have rules.  Not that too many people followed them.

The early years were some of the most fun times I've ever had involving high school football.  I've met more passionate "ballers" from the GAVSV than you would believe.  Some have become life-long friends.  Like most things...the vent evolved...and not necessarily in a good way.  THE TROLLS started taking over.  It's no different from here...except there was a ton more of them over there.    I despise trolls.  They're a waste of bandwidth.  But I suppose it simply mirrors our society.  And that's sad.

Suffice it to say...we lost a bunch of good posters on the vent due to all the crap that a few were doing.  Hell, I left it for almost 2 years.  They're doing a better job over there now...but the damage has been done.  A lot of people simply won't come back.  But make no mistake...in its heyday...the GAVSV was the place to be to talk and even argue about Georgia high school football.   I truly miss those days.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm gonna post something in defense of the GAVSV.  I first posted on that board in 1997.  I was one of the first 20 people to do so.  Believe it or not...Rab was one of the first 5.  The "vent" was the BEST/WORST thing that ever happened for Georgia high school football.  Jack Keith didn't know what he was starting back then but the vent grew and grew to where...FINALLY....you had to have rules.  Not that too many people followed them.

The early years were some of the most fun times I've ever had involving high school football.  I've met more passionate "ballers" from the GAVSV than you would believe.  Some have become life-long friends.  Like most things...the vent evolved...and not necessarily in a good way.  THE TROLLS started taking over.  It's no different from here...except there was a ton more of them over there.    I despise trolls.  They're a waste of bandwidth.  But I suppose it simply mirrors our society.  And that's sad.

Suffice it to say...we lost a bunch of good posters on the vent due to all the crap that a few were doing.  Hell, I left it for almost 2 years.  They're doing a better job over there now...but the damage has been done.  A lot of people simply won't come back.  But make no mistake...in its heyday...the GAVSV was the place to be to talk and even argue about Georgia high school football.   I truly miss those days.....

Rufus>>

Damned trolls ruin everything. 

A little of it keeps stuff interesting though. 

As far as the Georgia vent, I've periodically read the first page of the 7A board over the past several years. There is no doubt some good posters there. Most boards have a couple or a few, and that's what keeps it together. 

That board has taken to fake/new profiles emerging for drive-bys, and not the good natured fun loving kind. The kind meant to cause trouble in more ways than just to shake up the board.

It's difficult to strike a balance. As our friend Prep says here, it's like a pendulum. We just have to try to be careful and not let it swing too far one way or the other. Very tough to do. 

16 hours ago, MTP28 said:

BAHAHAHA!!!!!

BGW

• Haha 1