Trending down?

954gator

22 hours ago, badrouter said:

As you know, it always takes the services longer to catch on to the Florida kids.

The west coast kids are the last ones to get attention nationally imo.    Why would there be a delay for FL kids?    

Many emerge from "nowhere" as they don't all play in massive, wealthy private schools that market the hell out of them, get them to every camp etc. STA is that, but not many others in the state similar. whereas in Southern California there are dozens of private schools pumping big $. A strong public H.S. in California is the huge exception to the rule. Most all of the talent ends up at wealthy private schools pushing all the right buttons in terms of getting kids exposure.

FBS recruits don't come from public schools in FL and CA?   One track minds in here.  Let's talk about STA star ratings... there are 8 juniors with offers and no star rating currently on 247sports and they are missing at least 2 recruits with offers and not listed.  Double digit juniors heading to spring ball and not rated yet.  

The ONLY reason Bowman is in that top 30 is because Lakeland just happened to be strong enough across the board to get to play STA. Had, say, Lakeland's defense not been as good and another school knocked them out earlier, Bowman wouldn't be in the top 50 right now as many recruiting "experts" wouldn't even know who he is. Even though he'd be exactly the same player in either case. LOTS of very talented kids end up in similar situations.

Yes, he had no offers and would have been rated a 3 star had he not had the game vs. STA     ...  and people wonder why Los posts the way he does.    Elite recruits need to have a marquee opponent now AND do well too to garner such a lofty rating?  

"many recruiting "experts" wouldn't even know who he is."    

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Demarkcus-Bowman-at-Lakeland-216595/RecruitRankHistory/

He was rated 63rd to start and 38th preseason by 247sports.    Yes he moved up a whopping 5 spots after the STA game.    He moved up further with a 4.47 and juking defenders at the STA marketed combine.   

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Nice so use what happen in past decades to say who better now

Using current numbers of FBS players and nfl drafted players in each state is best method for who best in the current climate because it is the most relevant data point for recent gauge of talent

BTW Ohio has a ton of hall of famers

Are they on same level of TX and FL?

Yes!

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Los posts the way he does because he a jackass who doesn't actually see the games

Your a good poster golf but for the love of every sanity bone in your body, quit trying to give that troll Los credibility

It died out a long time ago

Now to more important parts I think the reason some west coast players and teams get more focus than FL players is there isn't any national database of recruits based out of FL like their is in CA (maxpreps)

No recruits don't need it but be real, when teams face a team like STA and do well they generate more attention than when they beat up on Bartow

Hell look at all the publicity Columbia got for playing IMG and winning, instantly people starting talking and we got a blip on the national map and now we have 3 players with over 10 offers

Would that have happened without the game? Maybe but it sure as hell raised some stock 

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Just looked at the 32 NFL draft picks from FL in 2019 and 75% attended public schools 24 vs 8.   Probably a similar % with FBS recruits from the state.   

Weren't almost half of the players in the first round also unrated coming out of high school?

I think like 12 of the 32 weren't rated with a star ranking (I may not have exact number but I can find it if I have to)

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What keeps Ohio on the same level as FL and TX? From a outsider perspective it feels like the state has been in decline

Are we talking high school ball or number of recruits from the states?  As far as quality of play, Ohio is second to none which has been my stance forever.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Weren't almost half of the players in the first round also unrated coming out of high school?

I think like 12 of the 32 weren't rated with a star ranking (I may not have exact number but I can find it if I have to)

I'd like to see a list of all of the 32 FL recruits ratings from 247sports and can discuss.    Round 1 had 5 recruits and the lowest rated was a 3 star (Baker).   So 27 to go :)   

Just looking that the names I heard of from HS days,   2nd round Taylor and Mullen I'm sure were rated.   Hill no idea.  

3rd round I would check Joihnson Toledo maybe,  4th round would be surprised if any didn't have a rating.  5th round not sure about a few names.  Anyways, if you have a chance to check and list go for it.  12 seems a bit high to me but who knows, let's see.  

Cajuste  from Miramar I just checked out of interest and he was a 3 star.   I thought he might have been not rated.  26 now.  

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

If it hasn't dropped off than perhaps other states like TX, FL, CA and GA have just gotten better 

Georgia doesn't play better football than Ohio period.  30 for 30 Ohio is playing with anyone.  Ohio had 3 top 30 type teams last season.

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'd like to see a list of all of the 32 FL recruits ratings from 247sports and can discuss.    Round 1 had 5 recruits and the lowest rated was a 3 star (Baker).   So 27 to go :)   

Just looking that the names I heard of from HS days,   2nd round Taylor and Mullen I'm sure were rated.   Hill no idea.  

3rd round I would check Joihnson Toledo maybe,  4th round would be surprised if any didn't have a rating.  5th round not sure about a few names.  Anyways, if you have a chance to check and list go for it.  12 seems a bit high to me but who knows, let's see.  

The star rating system is so biased it's crazy.

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Cajuste  Miramar I just checked out of interest and he was a 3 star.   I thought he might have been not rated.  26 now.  

Oh I'm not sure on the FL ones I was just talking first round picks in general

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

My mistake, I was on the FL theme.    That would be a high number though for first round.    As far as diamonds in the rough from FL I wonder how many of the 32 were not rated.   

I'll see if I can find the one tweet I saw about the first round and I might look around and see if anyone has the data on the FL players drafted