Trending down?

954gator

Comparing the Big 4 NFL draft numbers last 5 years.     **Only year Ga was not a top 4 state**

FL       TX        CA        GA

2015:     39        26         26         29

2016:     30       32         26         15

2017:      26       24         25         27

2018:      36       28         27         11** 

2019:      32       27         22          14

15-19:     163      137       126        96

5 Avg:        32.6     27.4       25.2      19.2

• Like 1

By squanders, he means Florida teams who can’t crack the state top 10 go and kick the teeth in of consensus top 2 Cali teams only to lose multiple games afterwards. 

Squander would be STA beating State Champ DLS 30-6 only to go on to lose to Cooper City then go lose 6-3 in the playoffs 

squander would mean Lakeland going over and if not for the refs holding them back from putting a running clock on them in their house only to come back to have Plant hand them their only home playoff shutout loss 20-0 in the history of the 113 year old program 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I clicked on the subject "Trending down" cause I thought you were posting about Colquitt.  I still think you were posting about Colquitt.  You should have been posting about Colquitt.  Can we get back to posting about Colquitt?

This other stuff is boring....

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

By squanders, he means Florida teams who can’t crack the state top 10 go and kick the teeth in of consensus top 2 Cali teams only to lose multiple games afterwards. 

Squander would be STA beating State Champ DLS 30-6 only to go on to lose to Cooper City then go lose 6-3 in the playoffs 

squander would mean Lakeland going over and if not for the refs holding them back from putting a running clock on them in their house only to come back to have Plant hand them their only home playoff shutout loss 20-0 in the history of the 113 year old program 

And all 3 involved CA getting teeth kicked in by FL

LMAO

It's kind of amusing.

You check in on the "what up texas" thread which is really a track thread in camouflage that is suppose to prove texas football depth somehow and you would think texas would have 50-60 drafted every single year. Thousands of fast football ballers smoking the tracks in texas, thousands......every other state sucks compared to texas football SPEED. Check it out.

EVERY YEAR texas has 25 drafted.....xD

Want to know how many texas will have drafted in 2020?.........hmmm, my guess is 25!

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You forgot to mention our (4) MNC since 2013.

No state's coaches squander more talent in America than Fla coaches.

Are you talking about mythcial High school "national championships"? LMAO. Why not go ahead and claim all of them? Every year. Just say it: California teams are the national champion every year since the beginning of time and will be every year here after. I mean, why not? After all, all that is needed is for some guy to pick one to be "champion". And you can always be that guy.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

247 top 30  for 2020

FL        TX          CA          GA

1           3               6             4

giphy.gif

As you know, it always takes the services longer to catch on to the Florida kids. Many emerge from "nowhere" as they don't all play in massive, wealthy private schools that market the hell out of them, get them to every camp etc. STA is that, but not many others in the state similar. whereas in Southern California there are dozens of private schools pumping big $. A strong public H.S. in California is the huge exception to the rule. Most all of the talent ends up at wealthy private schools pushing all the right buttons in terms of getting kids exposure.

The ONLY reason Bowman is in that top 30 is because Lakeland just happened to be strong enough across the board to get to play STA. Had, say, Lakeland's defense not been as good and another school knocked them out earlier, Bowman wouldn't be in the top 50 right now as many recruiting "experts" wouldn't even know who he is. Even though he'd be exactly the same player in either case. LOTS of very talented kids end up in similar situations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana last 3 years.

2017: 15

2018: 11

2019: 10

2020 will be a monster draft for the Bayou.

We will always be close to that 10-15 range....

Mississippi killed it this year with 10 drafted.....

I hope Mullen can develop our players like he did the kids at Miss St.   They had some impressive draft numbers!  Meanwhile the gators had 2 top 10 5* lineman not get drafted.  Dammit man!

28 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Are you talking about mythcial High school "national championships"? LMAO. Why not go ahead and claim all of them? Every year. Just say it: California teams are the national champion every year since the beginning of time and will be every year here after. I mean, why not? After all, all that is needed is for some guy to pick one to be "champion". And you can always be that guy.

Would you rather compare Hall of Fame inductees?  That's just my game.  Or is that "Mythical" too?

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Would you rather compare Hall of Fame inductees?  That's just my game.  Or is that "Mythical" too?

Nice so use what happen in past decades to say who better now

Using current numbers of FBS players and nfl drafted players in each state is best method for who best in the current climate because it is the most relevant data point for recent gauge of talent

BTW Ohio has a ton of hall of famers

Are they on same level of TX and FL?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Comparing the Big 4 NFL draft numbers last 5 years.     **Only year Ga was not a top 4 state**

FL       TX        CA        GA

2015:     39        26         26         29

2016:     30       32         26         15

2017:      26       24         25         27

2018:      36       28         27         11** 

2019:      32       27         22          14

15-19:     163      137       126        96

5 Avg:        32.6     27.4       25.2      19.2

Wow Florida sure has a lot of Afro American kids who can jump high and run fast

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I wish I had a nickel for every timenyouve dang this song 

in all the thousands of posts you’ve made crowing about FL’s greatest ever hsfb achievement, you failed to mention that STA was ranked #2 having already beaten the #1 team in the road 

Yes STA imploded and it happens more to them than any other elite team 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hall of Fame inductees gives an indication of where players were coming from a LONG time ago. To be in the HOF, one has to be three years removed from HS to be draft eligible PLUS however long of a career is needed to become HOF worthy PLUS another 5 years after that to be on the HOF ballot. Using Jim Brown as an example of a HOF player with a relatively short career-9 years- you're looking at a realistic minimum of 3+9+5= 17 years for a player to go from HS to the football HOF. Meaning, anyone playing prep football after 2002 would effectively have no chance to be in the HOF now. So, you'd be looking at HS players exclusively from BEFORE 2002. And, really, odds are they'd have to be from much earlier/longer ago than that because it's  very unlikely one could have made it to the HOF now having played fewer than nine seasons.

954gator is using stats from 2015-present. So, you'd be using a vastly different era in history, rather than something more current as 954gator used. Why do that? (I know the answer lol).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

I wish I had a nickel for every timenyouve dang this song 

in all the thousands of posts you’ve made crowing about FL’s greatest ever hsfb achievement, you failed to mention that STA was ranked #2 having already beaten the #1 team in the road 

Yes STA imploded and it happens more to them than any other elite team 

And who was that?

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

Hall of Fame inductees gives an indication of where players were coming from a LONG time ago. To be in the HOF, one has to be three years removed from HS to be draft eligible PLUS however long of a career is needed to become HOF worthy PLUS another 5 years after that to be on the HOF ballot. Using Jim Brown as an example of a HOF player with a relatively short career-9 years- you're looking at a realistic minimum of 3+9+5= 17 years for a player to go from HS to the football HOF. Meaning, anyone playing prep football after 2002 would effectively have no chance to be in the HOF now. So, you'd be looking at HS players exclusively from BEFORE 2002. And, really, odds are they'd have to be from much earlier/longer ago than that because it's  very unlikely one could have made it to the HOF now having played fewer than nine seasons.

954gator is using stats from 2015-present. So, you'd be using a vastly different era in history, rather than something more current as 954gator used. Why do that? (I know the answer lol).

Better watch out.  Pretty soon you’ll be getting one of these ...

1331C02A-FA73-4C33-BB36-821F0B315BCB.png

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, badrouter said:

whereas in Southern California there are dozens of private schools pumping big $. 

Dozens?

i suppose it depends on where you draw the line but I’d say there are two and would scoff at anything in double digits 

you’re speaking out your ass

12 hours ago, badrouter said:

A strong public H.S. in California is the huge exception to the rule. 

Over the past decade, Corona Centennial is arguably the top public program in the country 

CP has a past 5-year rolling dynasty rating and the top 10 publics (with state/ overall rank) are:

1. CC         (CA/5)

2. Allen     (TX/ 6)

3  Folsom (CA/ 8)

4. Chandler (AZ/ 10)

5.  Mission Viejo (CA/ 12)

6.  Colerain   (OH/ 13)

7. CQ             (GA/ 14)

8. Katy         (TX/ 16)

9. Bingham (UT/ 17)

10.  Lake Travis (TX/ 19)

Miami Central just missed cut iI FL would have had one.  CA and TX with 3 each are the only states with multiples.

looks like you’re still doing this         

tenor.gif?itemid=10527400

• Haha 3