Trending down?

954gator

38 minutes ago, 954gator said:

@golfaddict1  Don't think he's that fast.   Which is why he wasn't having any part of the 40.    He is fast, but not that type of fast IMO, and with his size...why even do it.   He's got street cred lol. 

"Hollywood" has some jets... check out 2:48 among the replays here.   There's no way this guy can't run a 4.4 40 now.  

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

"Hollywood" has some jets... check out 2:48 among the replays here.   There's no way this guy can't run a 4.4 40 now.  

There was no way Dalvin Cook wouldn't run a 4.4 either, but....

Brown runs a 4.5 and he's not in the first round.   It's a sad truth with the combine today. 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

There was no way Dalvin Cook wouldn't run a 4.4 either, but....

Brown runs a 4.5 and he's not in the first round.   It's a sad truth with the combine today. 

He ran a 4.49 at the combine (4.50 unofficial) and that’s plenty fast for a rb.  Scarlett ran a 4.47 or 4.48 as reference and pretty close.  

Maybe it was other events, but I can’t believe a 4.49 was a liability for a rb.  McCaffrey ran a 4.48  

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

He ran a 4.49 at the combine (4.50 unofficial) and that’s plenty fast for a rb.  Scarlett ran a 4.47 or 4.48 as reference and pretty close.  

Maybe it was other events, but I can’t believe a 4.49 was a liability for a rb.  McCaffrey ran a 4.48  

I didn't even think Scarlett was the best RB on the Gators

The other kid who he split reps with was the one who impressed me with his running style, it felt like Scarlett took plays off on the field or didn't show much explosion, at least in the games I saw of UF this year

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I didn't even think Scarlett was the best RB on the Gators

The other kid who he split reps with was the one who impressed me with his running style, it felt like Scarlett took plays off on the field or didn't show much explosion, at least in the games I saw of UF this year

I don't either, but they all had different styles so.   Some games Scarlett would go off, but for the most part I think Perine was the overall best back.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don't either, but they all had different styles so.   Some games Scarlett would go off, but for the most part I think Perine was the overall best back.  

Yeah that was the guy

I was impressed with his skills on the field, if I was coach he would have been my primary back

Where he go to high school?

On 4/28/2019 at 10:29 PM, Pops said:

Dozens?

i suppose it depends on where you draw the line but I’d say there are two and would scoff at anything in double digits 

Private schools are simply much more prominent in California than they are in the South. MD, SJB, DLS, Oaks Christian, Jserra, Gardena Serra, OLU, Servite, Santa Margarita, Bishop Amat, Bellarmine, Notre Dame, Cathedral Catholic (SD) all come to mind quickly when thinking of prominent football-playing California schools. All have found national prominence since I've been old enough to follow the sport (i.e. of H.S. age). And I'm probably forgetting some.

you’re speaking out your ass

Over the past decade, Corona Centennial is arguably the top public program in the country 

CP has a past 5-year rolling dynasty rating and the top 10 publics (with state/ overall rank) are:

1. CC         (CA/5)

2. Allen     (TX/ 6)

3  Folsom (CA/ 😎

4. Chandler (AZ/ 10)

5.  Mission Viejo (CA/ 12)

6.  Colerain   (OH/ 13)

7. CQ             (GA/ 14)

8. Katy         (TX/ 16)

9. Bingham (UT/ 17)

10.  Lake Travis (TX/ 19)

Miami Central just missed cut iI FL would have had one.  CA and TX with 3 each are the only states with multiples.

Wait, what? What is this "5-year rolling dynasty" you speak of??

looks like you’re still doing this         

tenor.gif?itemid=10527400

Responses in bold italics above.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:34 AM, golfaddict1 said:

The late discovery of Florida kids is something that has been discussed a lot by the "experts" before. A lot of them do "bloom" late.  But, a lot are ballers who just don't get through the right channels to get recognized. The Todd Marinovich or Shabazz Muhammad or Lavar Ball effect- mega promotion by parents etc- seems much more common in/near the major, entertainment driven cities of L.A. and Vegas than i in Dade etc.

I posted about Bowman here back in the Fall and the consensus was that there was no way he's as good as Rainey was. This even though the reality is there is almost no metric by which Rainey matches or surpasses Bowman. 

On 4/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Bowman reached his zenith rating after the combine and a 4.47 and making LB's look silly.... that plus his already high rating is why 247 rating is where it is.   Right or wrong, combines can make a difference with athleticism and make a 0 star known.   As you know, many kids attend combines.   Local and national quality, if you turn out you will be found... and especially in FL.  

But some can't attend many/any. While others get around to a bunch and get within the good graces of the ranking parties.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:27 AM, golfaddict1 said:

I'd like to see a list of all of the 32 FL recruits ratings from 247sports and can discuss.    Round 1 had 5 recruits and the lowest rated was a 3 star (Baker).   So 27 to go :)   

Just looking that the names I heard of from HS days,   2nd round Taylor and Mullen I'm sure were rated.   Hill no idea.  

3rd round I would check Joihnson Toledo maybe,  4th round would be surprised if any didn't have a rating.  5th round not sure about a few names.  Anyways, if you have a chance to check and list go for it.  12 seems a bit high to me but who knows, let's see.  

Cajuste  from Miramar I just checked out of interest and he was a 3 star.   I thought he might have been not rated.  26 now.  

I believe Gardner-Johnson was rated 3 stars. Not sure about Jawaan Taylor, but I think Dean had at least 2 stars. 

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The late discovery of Florida kids is something that has been discussed a lot by the "experts" before. A lot of them do "bloom" late.  But, a lot are ballers who just don't get through the right channels to get recognized. The Todd Marinovich or Shabazz Muhammad or Lavar Ball effect- mega promotion by parents etc- seems much more common in/near the major, entertainment driven cities of L.A. and Vegas than i in Dade etc.

I posted about Bowman here back in the Fall and the consensus was that there was no way he's as good as Rainey was. This even though the reality is there is almost no metric by which Rainey matches or surpasses Bowman. 

That's a very interesting point.  I think it happens in all the big cities.  Even guys in Broward and Dade.  Guy like Surtain jr,  Nick Bosa, Jamel Cook and other legacy type players tend to get "heard of" sooner.   Not that they were overrated or anything but it definitely does happen.

22 hours ago, Wosinc said:

You again!  Sticking your nose in where it doesn’t belong.

Wait until the tenured posters tell you what and when you can post.

God knows I wouldn't want to upset my superiors, all the guys who have spent more time on the Internet than I have. 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Wosinc said:

You again!  Sticking your nose in where it doesn’t belong.

Wait until the tenured posters tell you what and when you can post.

Dear member,

Please refrain from attempts at repressing the voice of our member posters.  Also, while we are proud of our more productive members, we are not aware of any of them "telling posters what and when they can post".  To that effect, please cease spreading false rumors about the forum posting policies.

As a member who is also delinquent on annual dues, this will be your first and final warning.

Thank you in  advance for your future cooperation, and prompt payment.

-The Comish

20 hours ago, badrouter said:

Responses in bold italics above.

1). CA is a big place — 1 in 7 people in country live there.  You mentioned schools to a level of National hsfb relevance that would include a few hundred schools around the country and some of these are prominent merely as league members.  Point being, I think your logic was CA has lots of private’s so their publics must suck, when reality is CA just has lots of people, lots of good private’s, and some prominent publics 

2). CP Dynasty rating.  I don’t want a CP arguement — takenit for what it’s worth but there’s no other source to compare over time 

8 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

Please refrain from attempts at repressing the voice of our member posters.  Also, while we are proud of our more productive members, we are not aware of any of them "telling posters what and when they can post".  To that effect, please cease spreading false rumors about the forum posting policies.

As a member who is also delinquent on annual dues, this will be your first and final warning.

Thank you in  advance for your future cooperation, and prompt payment.

-The Comish

Proving once again that you have no clue.

The check is in the mail.

E0265431-FD62-4D99-9697-6775FD407051.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

1). CA is a big place — 1 in 7 people in country live there.  You mentioned schools to a level of National hsfb relevance that would include a few hundred schools around the country and some of these are prominent merely as league members.  Point being, I think your logic was CA has lots of private’s so their publics must suck, when reality is CA just has lots of people, lots of good private’s, and some prominent publics 

2). CP Dynasty rating.  I don’t want a CP arguement — takenit for what it’s worth but there’s no other source to compare over time 

No, I was referring to those schools as relevant in their local areas. Servite, for example, is a big deal in OC, whether their recent teams have been very good on a national level or not. Mater Dei was 4-6 in 2011, but was always a major high school and big deal. Etc

If you run off a list of big-name, powerhouse schools in California over the last 25 years, it will skew much more heavily towards the privates than most of the Southeast.  

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If you run off a list of big-name, powerhouse schools in California over the last 25 years, it will skew much more heavily towards the privates than most of the Southeast.  

Don’t disagree with that 

my only point is they have some very relevant publics — CC, Folsom, and MV could stack up with any state (maybe not TX just because I think they have 25 MVs)

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 11:24 PM, badrouter said:

Beyond the big 3 who go tend to have more blue chips in UF, FSU and UM...  USF and UCF fill the locals and then you've got FAU and FIU to finish off the 7 FBS schools in the state with the last 4 listed favoring FL kids...  then you've got FCS Bethune-Cookman, Jacksonville and Stetson.   

In today's climate you also have HC Allen at Indiana with many FL recruits as well as the Illinois HC Lovie Smith digging FL and they don't care if recruits have a rating or not.    Other mid to lower tier FBS schools out of state will focus on the  0 rated to low 3 star rated recruits from FL ... and if you have the grades the Ivy schools and other FCS quality academic schools will find you and look for that FL athleticism.  

I just don't follow why FL would stand out.   There will always be kids who miss the prototype FBS looks, but a solid spring ball period (if coaches show at their school, film footage of their previous seasons and current season,  a coach visit during a week off in season to take in a game etc.,  camp,  combine,  HC or asst. coach pushing contacts they have to see film footage of their recruit and recommend them highly.   

If you're 126 pounds in Broward County and qualify late academically, you might end up juco and you might put on some weight (not much lol) and land at a favorable school and excel and land in the first round in the NFL draft.    

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Don’t disagree with that 

my only point is they have some very relevant publics — CC, Folsom, and MV could stack up with any state (maybe not TX just because I think they have 25 MVs)

FL has quite a few pretty damn public schools as well

People here are just too lazy to do their research and think we are carried by IMG and STA (not saying you specifically but there are some on here that take that approach)

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

FL has quite a few pretty damn public schools as well

People here are just too lazy to do their research and think we are carried by IMG and STA (not saying you specifically but there are some on here that take that approach)

FL has as good of publics as anyone 

maybe they change more often than TX and CA, diluting the recognition a bit 

• Like 1