OT: These people are teaching your kids

thc6795

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

But one of the worst things Obama did, and doesn't get the blame he deserves, is he groomed for 8 years an army of the biggest whining, crying, PUSSIES in history!

All this diversity, and inclusion and whatever facade you want to call it has enabled everyone to protest, cry, bitch, and give their useless opinions about anything and everything. 

Stories like this prove how far back we went with Barry Hussein as the leader.

I think it goes back much further than that. I think it goes back to the 70s, when radical feminists failed politically and so retreated to the universities. 

Now we have queer studies departments and gender studies departments etc.

I've had serious discussions with colleagues in which I've been told that logic is a "heteronormative subject" and that it's unfair for me to impose my "masculine norms of rationality" on them and that there is no such thing as reality or truth anyway, but that there are only "discourse communities" and that the feminist community and the trans-community have their own "norms of rationality" and are "independent discourse communities" insulated from "male-dominated norms of discourse." 

If you say, "Can you give any evidence for any of that?"

They'll say, "I don't have to enact that labor." The idea is that as women or as people of color or etc. they're unfairly expected to defend their views in a male-dominated or cis-dominated or white-dominated culture. And so it's unfair and disempowering even to ask them to defend their views in a discussion. That's part the idea behind safe-spaces: students need a "space" to express their views without the burden of having to defend them against criticism. 

What's going on in English speaking universities today is frightening.

And people outside of universities should pay more attention to what goes on inside universities. 

43 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

If you're under 21 you are still a kid to me. I know that if my kid was in his class I would have a huge problem. Im willing to bet if he made the comment about vomiting because a kid gave up his seat for a Black/Mexican lady the press would be going nuts. He would already be out of a job. But because he said it about a military person it is no big deal.

Big difference between race and military service. He did make reference to Mosul, alluding to the atrocities there.  This tells me he has ideological differences and may support more human rights efforts in that region.  

This guy sounds like he enjoys making outlandish comments, not unlike that Milo Yiannopoulos guy. Maybe they are getting under the skin of opposing sides, but the approach sounds similar.

He expressed his opinion, but was it in front of a group of students while acting in the role of a college professor? What he tweets on his own time shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on what he teaches in the classroom. I'm not defending him, just don't think 'Drexel Professor' was any more important to the story than 'IBM Software Engineer' or 'NFL QB'. 

Regarding someone giving up their 1st class seat for military personnel, that is their prerogative and I have nothing against it.

On another note, one thing I do find difficult to take is active duty or vets who feel they deserve preferential treatment. That is certainly not the case in this thread's instance, but plenty of times people feel they should be treated a certain way because they chose to join the military. I am happy for people who go that route, just as I am happy for people who join the Peace Corp or devote their life to being a competitive weightlifter or decide college is what they want or become a firefighter.

Just now, noonereal said:

well then it's a conspiracy. Tell me about it. What is in it for the conspirators? 

the conspiracy is your assertion that main stream media conspires to withhold the full stories for agenda... now keep in ind, fox is the only major news organization put together for the express purpose of advancing an agenda.

This is your opinion nor again because it is yours does not mean it is correct or true. IMO CNN, CBS, NBC, MNBC all push the liberal agenda. You can bet your ass if this professor would have made any comment about a kid using the wrong shitter the news media sans FOX would be having a shit storm. Don't believe look now. Front page CNN, NBC USA today NC votes to repeal bathroom law. Give me a break nor. Maybe in your world making it ok for a kid with balls to use a womens bathroom is more important then a State employee disrespecting our military. It is not in my world.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Big difference between race and military service. He did make reference to Mosul, alluding to the atrocities there.  This tells me he has ideological differences and may support more human rights efforts in that region.  

He is a professor he knows damn well soldiers don't make policy. He took a shot at our military fuck him.

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

This guy sounds like he enjoys making outlandish comments, not unlike that Milo Yiannopoulos guy. Maybe they are getting under the skin of opposing sides, but the approach sounds similar.

He expressed his opinion, but was it in front of a group of students while acting in the role of a college professor? What he tweets on his own time shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on what he teaches in the classroom. I'm not defending him, just don't think 'Drexel Professor' was any more important to the story than 'IBM Software Engineer' or 'NFL QB'. 

Regarding someone giving up their 1st class seat for military personnel, that is their prerogative and I have nothing against it.

On another note, one thing I do find difficult to take is active duty or vets who feel they deserve preferential treatment. That is certainly not the case in this thread's instance, but plenty of times people feel they should be treated a certain way because they chose to join the military. I am happy for people who go that route, just as I am happy for people who join the Peace Corp or devote their life to being a competitive weightlifter or decide college is what they want or become a firefighter.

From all accounts the kid didn't ask for anything. He was offered. Please show me one vet who thinks anyone owes him/her anything. I've said it once I've said it 1000 times. I love America, it the damn Americans I cant stand.

Just now, thc6795 said:

This is your opinion nor again because it is yours does not mean it is correct or true. IMO CNN, CBS, NBC, MNBC all push the liberal agenda. You can bet your ass if this professor would have made any comment about a kid using the wrong shitter the news media sans FOX would be having a shit storm. Don't believe look now. Front page CNN, NBC USA today NC votes to repeal bathroom law. Give me a break nor. Maybe in your world making it ok for a kid with balls to use a womens bathroom is more important then a State employee disrespecting our military. It is not in my world.

I need to know why. That is how I am. 

OK, their customer likes a liberal slant. Fine. But why conspire to withhold news? 

Why on earth would any network not report on the NC vote? 

The state lost a BILLION dollars. It's quite news worthy. Don't you think? 

As to bathrooms. I think the entire thing is ridiculous. 

Why do we have separate women and men bathrooms to start with. It's insane. 

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

From all accounts the kid didn't ask for anything. He was offered. Please show me one vet who thinks anyone owes him/her anything. I've said it once I've said it 1000 times. I love America, it the damn Americans I cant stand.

And again (just like the other thread where you only remembered some of what I wrote), I said this case was not one in which the military individual said he deserved the seat. Slow down and pay attention.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I need to know why. That is how I am. 

OK, their customer likes a liberal slant. Fine. But why conspire to withhold news? 

Why on earth would any network not report on the NC vote? 

The state lost a BILLION dollars. It's quite news worthy. Don't you think? 

As to bathrooms. I think the entire thing is ridiculous. 

Why do we have separate women and men bathrooms to start with. It's insane. 

They slant it to keep people believing what they are trying to push.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Is it not sure? Bottom line he is getting paid to teach is he not? Then teach.

I would say from your tone, you do believe the military is owed or should be given special treatment regardless of ones own personal convictions.  Should it be compulsory for all to kneel and pay homage to the military?

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

See, we still disagree. It is all people I can't stand. A failed species, IMHO. 

........ well, except for you of course.... :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I would say from your tone, you do believe the military is owed or should be given special treatment regardless of ones own personal convictions.  Should it be compulsory for all to kneel and pay homage to the military?

I don't think anyone owes us a damn thing. However I sure wont sit around silent when some fucking punk professor attacks one of us. Show me one vet or active duty member who asked for this fucking clowns opinion.

15 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Please show me one vet who thinks anyone owes him/her anything.

Just today I spoke with a vet who has access to special programs in the field where I work. And she was outraged at what she had to provide in order to get the benefits not offered to non-military personnel. She came unglued that she had to provide anything, saying she laid her life on the line so all of us could have our freedoms.

Last week, when I questioned another vet about something minor (but required nonetheless), he said he did not have to answer. When I explained to him it was required, he yelled that he was a such and such Major in the something or other armed forces, and no civilian was to speak to him that way. It was embarrassing for him to carry on that way, but not entirely uncommon.

I work with vets fairly regularly, and these aren't the only two who have felt they deserve preferential treatment.