OT: These people are teaching your kids

thc6795

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/30/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane.html

There are others as well. What happened to professors actually teaching. Not giving their opinions on the world. Thoughts?

freedom of speech is freedom of speech

the problem with teachers is tenure not freedom of speech

"A university spokesman told the news station that the professor's comments "are his own opinion and do not represent the University’s views."

so, other than saying the guy was a jerk heir is not much to do here. 

his profession is of no relevance

Good idea for a thread though

I'd like to hear other opinions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

He's a college professor.  Pretty sure he is not teaching kids.  Even though I dont agree with his comments he is still within his rights. 

If you're under 21 you are still a kid to me. I know that if my kid was in his class I would have a huge problem. Im willing to bet if he made the comment about vomiting because a kid gave up his seat for a Black/Mexican lady the press would be going nuts. He would already be out of a job. But because he said it about a military person it is no big deal.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

If you're under 21 you are still a kid to me. I know that if my kid was in his class I would have a huge problem. Im willing to bet if he made the comment about vomiting because a kid gave up his seat for a Black/Mexican lady the press would be going nuts. He would already be out of a job. But because he said it about a military person it is no big deal.

that is a bad assumption on your part, IMHO. 

He sounds like an idiot.

Universities lean left big time. That's no secret.

Diversity and inclusion is all the rage these days. But the diversity universities seek is not diversity of opinion but diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. So Political Science departments, for example, will try hard to hire a woman or a non-white person for the sake of diversity and inclusion, but they're not trying hard to hire someone with conservative beliefs. They'll look for another SJW who isn't a heterosexual white male. 

As for tenure, that's in place to protect researchers from being fired for publishing or expressing unpopular ideas. It's obviously very important, even if the ideas published or expressed are like this guy's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

that is a bad assumption on your part, IMHO. 

But we have seen the double standards already NOR. When I talk about how horrible the media is, this is what Im talking about. The media decides what is important and what is not. We don't. There are many cases proving this. Just like the rape case in VA. Bottom line a 14 yr old was raped. News is trying to spin it that she was down with getting tag teamed. Same news also reported that the Duke LAX team gang raped Crystal Mangum. The news held  court found them all guilty and hanged those kids. How did that turn out? Name one news station or reporter who was held accountable for false reporting.

9 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Lol.  I hear ya.  I was more busting balls on the kids part.  But as much as I disagree with his comments he is within his rights.  Trust me this took me a life time of learning to deal with stupid people like this.  Being a lighter shade of brown in a not so much town learned me some thick skin.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

But we have seen the double standards already NOR. When I talk about how horrible the media is, this is what Im talking about. The media decides what is important and what is not. We don't. There are many cases proving this. Just like the rape case in VA. Bottom line a 14 yr old was raped. News is trying to spin it that she was down with getting tag teamed. Same news also reported that the Duke LAX team gang raped Crystal Mangum. The news held  court found them all guilty and hanged those kids. How did that turn out? Name one news station or reporter who was held accountable for false reporting.

correct, the media decides what news it thinks important to cover. This is decided for ratings, selling subscriptions...

the news also makes mistakes... it was not the news that made up the LAX rape. It was the girl. Your gripe is with the girl. 

I saw no trail with the media presiding. 

My advise, turn off Rush and look at things evenly, objectively. 

Look at why, who does what. That is how you get to know the truth.

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

correct, the media decides what news it thinks important to cover. This is decided for ratings, selling subscriptions...

the news also makes mistakes... it was not the news that made up the LAX rape. It was the girl. Your gripe is with the girl. 

I saw no trail with the media presiding. 

My advise, turn off Rush and look at things evenly, objectively. 

Look at why, who does what. That is how you get to know the truth.

Nor once the news was made aware the claim was not valid they had an obligation to report that. They didn't, they only changed the narrative once they got wind of what was happening to the prosecutor. BTW I hate Rush. Much of my info was thru reading and the 30 for 30 done by ESPN.

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Here's all you need to know about that situation. Pretty much sums it all up. 

image.jpeg

Right.

If Kurt said something like that during a campus meeting with a PoliSci department, he would very likely not be hired. They don't go for that hetero-normative masculine bullish*t. 

But few would bat an eye at the sort of thing that George said. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

then why do we know? 

come on, this is a conspiracy theory you are pushing

my take away

you are a reasonable person soaked in right wing rhetoric

We know because they were called out on it not because they were honest. Same think with Hannity and Koppel. Why wont CBS release all the footage. Why wouldn't CBS release all the footage when Bill was talking about Hillarys fainting spells. Why did NBC just get sued out the ass because Kouric tried to cut and paste their interview. Only reason she got caught was because the gun people also were taping the interview. Come on man. This shit happens all the time.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Right.

If Kurt said something like that during a campus meeting with a PoliSci department, he would very likely not be hired. They don't go for that hetero-normative masculine bullish*t. 

But few would bat an eye at the sort of thing that George said. 

I'm not a roided up body building he man by any means. Lol. So when I use the term "pussy" to describe someone, it's not there physical attributes, more so than their mental ones. 

But one of the worst things Obama did, and doesn't get the blame he deserves, is he groomed for 8 years an army of the biggest whining, crying, PUSSIES in history!

All this diversity, and inclusion and whatever facade you want to call it has enabled everyone to protest, cry, bitch, and give their useless opinions about anything and everything. 

Stories like this prove how far back we went with Barry Hussein as the leader.

57 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/30/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane.html

There are others as well. What happened to professors actually teaching. Not giving their opinions on the world. Thoughts?

The students should intellectually challlenge him on his thoughts.  This would be an excellent opportunity to debate and exchange ideas, who knows actual learning might take place.  Just my .02

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I'm not a roided up body building he man by any means. Lol. So when I use the term "pussy" to describe someone, it's not there physical attributes, more so than their mental ones. 

But one of the worst things Obama did, and doesn't get the blame he deserves, is he groomed for 8 years an army of the biggest whining, crying, PUSSIES in history!

All this diversity, and inclusion and whatever facade you want to call it has enabled everyone to protest, cry, bitch, and give their useless opinions about anything and everything. 

Stories like this prove how far back we went with Barry Hussein as the leader.

Liberal professors have been giving thoughts like this for decades, only difference is they couldn't voice them through various media.  What do you think many thought during Nam? 

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

We know because they were called out on it not because they were honest. Same think with Hannity and Koppel. Why wont CBS release all the footage. Why wouldn't CBS release all the footage when Bill was talking about Hillarys fainting spells. Why did NBC just get sued out the ass because Kouric tried to cut and paste their interview. Only reason she got caught was because the gun people also were taping the interview. Come on man. This shit happens all the time.

you tell me, why does this great conspiracy exist?

why do news organizations, in harmony, ignore news when they answer to stock holders who only care about ratings because that is what increases revenue? 

Come on man, tell me why these conspiracies exist outside of reason. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The students should intellectually challlenge him on his thoughts.  This would be an excellent opportunity to debate and exchange ideas, who knows actual learning might take place.  Just my .02

I agree but what's happening or as I listened last night was that these professors are failing the kids for challenging them.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

you tell me, why does this great conspiracy exist?

why do news organizations, in harmony, ignore news when they answer to stock holders who only care about ratings because that is what increases revenue? 

Come on man, tell me why these conspiracies exist outside of reason. 

Thanks

What conspiracy nor? This is happening every day.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

What conspiracy nor? This is happening every day.

well then it's a conspiracy. Tell me about it. What is in it for the conspirators? 

the conspiracy is your assertion that main stream media conspires to withhold the full stories for agenda... now keep in ind, fox is the only major news organization put together for the express purpose of advancing an agenda.