OT: These people are teaching your kids

thc6795

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Just today I spoke with a vet who has access to special programs in the field where I work. And she was outraged at what she had to provide in order to get the benefits not offered to non-military personnel. She came unglued that she had to provide anything, saying she laid her life on the life so all of us could have our freedoms.

Last week, when I questioned another vet about something minor (but required nonetheless), he said he did not have to answer. When I explained to him it was required, he yelled that he was a such and such Major in the something or other armed forces, and no civilian was to speak to him that way. It was embarrassing for him to carry on that way, but not entirely uncommon.

I work with vets fairly regularly, and these aren't the only two who have felt they deserve preferential treatment.

thank you for sharing, I am out of likes

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

Just today I spoke with a vet who has access to special programs in the field where I work. And she was outraged at what she had to provide in order to get the benefits not offered to non-military personnel. She came unglued that she had to provide anything, saying she laid her life on the life so all of us could have our freedoms.

Last week, when I questioned another vet about something minor (but required nonetheless), he said he did not have to answer. When I explained to him it was required, he yelled that he was a such and such Major in the something or other armed forces, and no civilian was to speak to him that way. It was embarrassing for him to carry on that way, but not entirely uncommon.

I work with vets fairly regularly, and these aren't the only two who have felt they deserve preferential treatment.

Sorry you had to deal with that. The vets I know don't and wont behave like this. However you can rest assured if the punk professor was around he would be picking up his teeth.

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't think anyone owes us a damn thing. However I sure wont sit around silent when some fucking punk professor attacks one of us. Show me one vet or active duty member who asked for this fucking clowns opinion.

So he cant give an opinion unless its asked? 

Would you want to engage the professor in dialogue and exchange pov or do you just want to kick his a$$?  I think this is where you and I might differ.

Just now, Horsefly said:

So he cant give an opinion unless its asked? 

Would you want to engage the professor in dialogue and exchange pov or do you just want to kick his a$$?  I think this is where you and I might differ.

Right now, would not be good for the professor and I to talk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

He sounds like an idiot.

Universities lean left big time. That's no secret.

Diversity and inclusion is all the rage these days. But the diversity universities seek is not diversity of opinion but diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. So Political Science departments, for example, will try hard to hire a woman or a non-white person for the sake of diversity and inclusion, but they're not trying hard to hire someone with conservative beliefs. They'll look for another SJW who isn't a heterosexual white male. 

As for tenure, that's in place to protect researchers from being fired for publishing or expressing unpopular ideas. It's obviously very important, even if the ideas published or expressed are like this guy's.

Nailed it!

universities are bastions of the left as are lots of places with no accountability

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/30/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane.html

There are others as well. What happened to professors actually teaching. Not giving their opinions on the world. Thoughts?

None of my professors are like this the wildest one I have will swear occasionally but she doesnt give her opinion much.... 

I think it was a ridiculously stupid thing to say, especially when this guy doesn't really know why this particular person is giving up his seat to the serviceman.  With some of the extreme liberals It seems like the Vietnam mindset all over again.   People think that servicemen are the ones to blame for random controversial military decisions. Ignorant.    It is his free speech, but when your free speech rustles jimmies, you better be prepared for the backlash.       

I will say this also, the lady from Fox News sounded ignorant as well in the way she announced the name of the person.   Report the news professionally, no need to make an emphasis on not being able to pronounce his last name.   Who resorts to making fun of someone's last name?  

My 13 year old son had his teacher (Indoctrinated Hispanic) tell him a few years back that blacks never voted Democrat before Obama.

When I called him directly (as opposed to going to his superiors) to discuss the issues with discussing racial politics with an 11 year old, he responded by essentially  telling me to "get over my racist whining and focus on changing my community instead ".

The same thing happened with my daughter when she was 10 years old. Her 5th grade teacher was visibly upset about Obama's reelection and told my daughter's class that the entire country was to meet certain doom...When I spoke with her in person, she suggested I read more and get back with her in 2014....

From what I gather it's liberals that usually teach in college...

and it's usually a conservative that teaches elementary school

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

This guy sounds like he enjoys making outlandish comments, not unlike that Milo Yiannopoulos guy. Maybe they are getting under the skin of opposing sides, but the approach sounds similar.

He expressed his opinion, but was it in front of a group of students while acting in the role of a college professor? What he tweets on his own time shouldn't necessarily be an indictment on what he teaches in the classroom. I'm not defending him, just don't think 'Drexel Professor' was any more important to the story than 'IBM Software Engineer' or 'NFL QB'. 

Regarding someone giving up their 1st class seat for military personnel, that is their prerogative and I have nothing against it.

On another note, one thing I do find difficult to take is active duty or vets who feel they deserve preferential treatment. That is certainly not the case in this thread's instance, but plenty of times people feel they should be treated a certain way because they chose to join the military. I am happy for people who go that route, just as I am happy for people who join the Peace Corp or devote their life to being a competitive weightlifter or decide college is what they want or become a firefighter.

Out of likes.  Excellent post.

56 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

My 13 year old son had his teacher (Indoctrinated Hispanic) tell him a few years back that blacks never voted Democrat before Obama.

When I called him directly (as opposed to going to his superiors) to discuss the issues with discussing racial politics with an 11 year old, he responded by essentially  telling me to "get over my racist whining and focus on changing my community instead ".

The same thing happened with my daughter when she was 10 years old. Her 5th grade teacher was visibly upset about Obama's reelection and told my daughter's class that the entire country was to meet certain doom...When I spoke with her in person, she suggested I read more and get back with her in 2014....

From what I gather it's liberals that usually teach in college...

and it's usually a conservative that teaches elementary school

I hope those teachers are no longer at DesotoISD.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thc6795 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/30/drexel-professor-wanted-to-vomit-after-service-member-given-courtesy-on-plane.html

There are others as well. What happened to professors actually teaching. Not giving their opinions on the world. Thoughts?

Hopefully what we teach out children before they go to college will win out over some bone heads 5 minutes of glory seeking through the press.

44 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is the same "professor" who said these things. Wonder if he has his job had he called for black genocide? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Please stop playing the "white victim card",  we have politicians that say anti black things that are in the public eye and not a word and still hold their jobs.  Many people say things that go unchallenged. 

Nonetheless, here is context to his controversial genocide post https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/12/26/drexel-condemns-professors-tweet-about-white-genocide

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 9:49 PM, 954gator said:

Honestly,  I have no idea how you could control yourself and not whoop that person's ass. 

I'm a big guy but I prefer to beat someone down with wit and intellect ....though after remembering he couldn't even afford to live in my 'community' with his salary, I realized he wasn't even worth that.

SIDENOTE:  it's a shame that teachers can't afford to live in an upper middle class community....people charged with educating our future should be paid more, maybe then we could attract better applicants...... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Please stop playing the "white victim card",  we have politicians that say anti black things that are in the public eye and not a word and still hold their jobs.  Many people say things that go unchallenged. 

Nonetheless, here is context to his controversial genocide post https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/12/26/drexel-condemns-professors-tweet-about-white-genocide

I I guess it makes it ok. Get back reactions, just say it was a joke. 

There is no victim card. It has been brewing for years now. People are being taught that white people are the root of all problems, and the worst kind of person you can possibly be in America is a straight, white, Christian male. 

Thats why it seems like a civil war is inevitable. White people who are being degraded, harassed, abused, and targeted are gonna get fed up with it. 

I forgot. No such thing as Disrespect, oppression. Bias, and hatred against white people. 

6 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Where is the link justifying him saying all the whites massacred in the Haitian Revolution was a good thing? 

More satire? This guy should not be teaching young minds. These radical beliefs are jaw dropping only because the University keeps him employed. If he was just some random internet troll, no one would give a shit. 

The only reason it's a big deal is he is teaching children. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

People are being taught that white people are the root of all problems, and the worst kind of person you can possibly be in America is a straight, white, Christian male. 

Thats why it seems like a civil war is inevitable. White people who are being degraded, harassed, abused, and targeted are gonna get fed up with it. 

I forgot. No such thing as Disrespect, oppression. Bias, and hatred against white people. 

A couple thoughts...

1) who is responsible for all problems? Whoever is in charge. Who has historically always been in charge? 

2) not many straight white Christian males out there in fact. Lot's in word. ;)

3) White people are not being degraded, harassed, abused, and targeted. They have failed to adapt to change. They interpert this failure as being degraded, harassed, abused, and targeted.  As like most humans, they blame others for their failings. 

4) There is some hatred for every group. The white race in this country receives less than any other group. If you are white and complaining, you'd have already started shooting if you were black. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Where is the link justifying him saying all the whites massacred in the Haitian Revolution was a good thing? 

More satire? This guy should not be teaching young minds. These radical beliefs are jaw dropping only because the University keeps him employed. If he was just some random internet troll, no one would give a shit. 

The only reason it's a big deal is he is teaching children. 

For starters I'm not "justifying" anything.  I provided the link so others can view the context in why he said it.

whether real or imagined, there are folks that are gonna hate you, get over it and move on in your life.  No reason to aggrandize the statements of ONE individual.

if knowing this guy is teaching at Drexel is keeping you up at night, then call or write the university and protest.

hes teaching young adults at a private college.  I'm sure they are fully aware of this professor and his statements.  As consumers they are free to get their education elsewhere.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

For starters I'm not "justifying" anything.  I provided the link so others can view the context in why he said it.

whether real or imagined, there are folks that are gonna hate you, get over it and move on in your life.  No reason to aggrandize the statements of ONE individual.

if knowing this guy is teaching at Drexel is keeping you up at night, then call or write the university and protest.

it could be worse, he could be from TX!:)