Texting and walking

noonereal

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Silly nanny state law.  

Plus it would take away a reason for me to do one of my favorite pastimes - deliberately either walking into people who aren’t looking or clapping very loudly right as they’re about to walk into me.

Must be a geographical issue...I don't generally walk that close to most people lol...

Sounds like it might be a good Nanny law for NYC tho, they could make some serious coin off all the visitors if/when they pull out their cell phone on the street.  (sarcasm). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Must be a geographical issue...I don't generally walk that close to most people lol...

Sounds like it might be a good Nanny law for NYC tho, they could make some serious coin off all the visitors if/when they pull out their cell phone on the street.  (sarcasm). 

Hahaha.  Walking to and from the subway to my office it is insane how often the opportunity presents itself.  

Worst offender seems to be the young investment-banking millennial who wears an expensive suit but for some reason wears pants that are tailored with negative break.  Which I have never understood.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Hahaha.  Walking to and from the subway to my office it is insane how often the opportunity presents itself.  

Worst offender seems to be the young investment-banking millennial who wears an expensive suit but for some reason wears pants that are tailored with negative break.  Which I have never understood.

LOL did that for a job interview in NYC......once! lol...….  Don't bother with any offer if that is my commute 😒

and yes Knowing how to wear a suit almost seems like a lost art..

a victim of 'casual friday'...…..

giphy.gif

On 5/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, noonereal said:

The State House here in NY is considering outlawing texting while walking. 

Thoughts? 

ever see the video of the chick falling into the fountain at the Palisades Park mall a few years  back, walking and texting and didn't see the fountain cut right in front of her;  Splash.

• Haha 2

On 5/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, sausmann9 said:

ever see the video of the chick falling into the fountain at the Palisades Park mall a few years  back, walking and texting and didn't see the fountain cut right in front of her;  Splash.

here;   this one not from NJ's Palisade Parkway Mall but even better chick from PA.  LMAO

If we look at our laws, they are mostly designed to protect us from our own stupidity or that of others. 

It's pretty simple. 

The larger the population in an area, the larger chance of stupid people. Thus stupid laws to protect them from their own self and to protect us from them. Considering we aren't one of the stupid ones of course. 

Idc about the law one way or the other really. Chances are I'll never be standing by the edge of the subway tracks when some stupid person is texting and walking and bumps me off the platform. If I lived there and this was a daily occurence, maybe I love the law. Idk. 

Let's just make sure to save every fetus forever so they can grow up to be stupid too.  We need also be sure to rescue every stupid person that goes too deep in the ocean. Etc. Etc. 

We are the only species that works to save our weak. Tomorrow we pay the consequences with dumb laws and unsustainable healthcare rates.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We are the only species that works to save our weak. Tomorrow we pay the consequences with dumb laws and unsustainable healthcare rates.  

holy dose of reality Batman!

Hawg swinging the realist hammer...😲

Just don't let that one sway you down the eugenics path and you will be fine...👍

Saving our weak is fine.. but.trying to make then something they are not, for some ridiculously false sense of equality is a mistake tho….. no doubt.... 

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

and the only species that doesn't eat our young and allows our young to come back home to nest after years out  on their own.

5 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

and the only species that doesn't eat our young and allows our young to come back home to nest after years out  on their own.

Well, some basically try to eat their young,(not literally, but, abortion) but others actively try to stop them with laws. 

Oddly enough, the same ones trying to stop them from eating their young don't really care if they die of starvation once they turn 18. As long as it isn't their own offspring that is. 

31 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

With diligence, you can find good Dr's in many places....Your pathology can be treated anywhere as can others......A great surgeon saved my wife's life in West Palm Beach....

Glad to hear but why leave the best in the hopes of finding very good? 

I have been able to consult with 3 of the top 5 institutions in the world from here in NY. (for my needs) In full disclosure, one consultation was in Baltimore, Johns Hopkins of course. 

Doing my do diligence, I managed to get the doctor that wrote the protocols for treatment of my condition as my team head. 

There is no better place on earth to stack the deck in your favor than here in NY if your health is challenged.